GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

19 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Sorry.  Not getting it (either half).

Geroge                    

Sorry.  Nicole KIdman is big clue to me.  It gives you a title and something to go on, which is half of the clue and then the other half is already in the title.  I can rewrite it but it wouldn't be all that different than it already is.

On 8/25/2016 at 9:37 AM, Human without the bean said:

Stars Nicole Kidman.

An ambitious and seductively pretty Nicole KIdman lures Joaquin Phoenix into killing her husband for her because she thinks he would interfere with her television career but tragically meets her own death when she dies numerous times. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I'll chime in and say I had no idea about either half.  I looked up the Nicole Kidman thing and I've never heard of it other than when I looked it up.  I have no idea what it could link up with.

I'll wait a day for Raf, maybe he has an idea about what it is.  If he doesn't then I'll put up another one tomorrow.

On 8/27/2016 at 4:30 AM, Human without the bean said:

An ambitious and seductively pretty Nicole KIdman lures Joaquin Phoenix into killing her husband for her because she thinks he would interfere with her television career but tragically meets her own death when she dies numerous times. 

that would be To Die For ....one of my favorite Nichole Kidman movies....ooops - hope i didn't mess up the game - i just happened to see this thread....i've probably committed some grave social faux pas - i do apologize.

== == ==

i just knew i did something wrong - i don't know what the hell i'm doing - i just read the beginning of this thread - now i am confused - sorry for this post - guess i shouldn't mess with this stuff....so sorry

Edited by T-Bone
to double apologize for my ignorance

(awake and refreshed after a long work weekend) i re-read the beginning of the thread - think i got the idea but i am stumped over the other half of movie title - so i'm taking a wild stab at it -

8 Million Ways to Die For

6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

(awake and refreshed after a long work weekend) i re-read the beginning of the thread - think i got the idea but i am stumped over the other half of movie title - so i'm taking a wild stab at it -

8 Million Ways to Die For

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I don't think anyone actually dies repeatedly in "8 Million..."  Still, I agree with WW.  Let Human post the real answer; and then, if T-Bone wants to, he can post the next.

George

Close, but no cigar.  Don't apologize for trying to play around here T-Bone.  I'm more than willing to explain how a thread works, or anyone else for that matter.  Or, by now I'm sure that you have taken the time to read some of the pinned posts "How To Play The Games".

I've never heard of 8 million ways of anything but my clue only takes  Hint:>   a thousand.  :wave:

5 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Close, but no cigar.  Don't apologize for trying to play around here T-Bone.  I'm more than willing to explain how a thread works, or anyone else for that matter.  Or, by now I'm sure that you have taken the time to read some of the pinned posts "How To Play The Games".

I've never heard of 8 million ways of anything but my clue only takes  Hint:>   a thousand.  :wave:

oh i've got it now, thanks for the hint - but i had to cheat looked it up online - i've heard of that TV show but never watched it - it does look interesting though; i'll pass on this round.

That makes the "documentary" show combination:

"A Thousand Ways to Die For."

I've watched the show a bit.

Normally, this would mean T-Bone and I shared the answer, thus sharing the credit. I'm disqualified for looking up "To Die For" before posting, so that means T-Bone should probably go next as having 50% of the answer and not having been disqualified at the time he posted it.  Do you agree, H w/o B?

i appreciate the encouragement - but work demands are crazy sporadic lately which limits my internetia access - don't want everyone waiting on me; so continue on my friends - i'll return soon; you don't know the whole movie / TV percolating process this thread has started in my head - and that's just trying to figure out what's been posted - coming up with one of my own is tough - i guess i make it too complicated like The Matrix meets Wheel of Fortune.

8 hours ago, T-Bone said:

i appreciate the encouragement - but work demands are crazy sporadic lately which limits my internetia access - don't want everyone waiting on me; so continue on my friends - i'll return soon; you don't know the whole movie / TV percolating process this thread has started in my head - and that's just trying to figure out what's been posted - coming up with one of my own is tough - i guess i make it too complicated like The Matrix meets Wheel of Fortune.

It took me a little time too T-Bone. I watched this tread for months before I posted my first one.  Take your time T-Bone. Soon you'll get the hang of it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

It took me a little time too T-Bone. I watched this tread for months before I posted my first one.  Take your time T-Bone. Soon you'll get the hang of it.  

Thanks Human !

think i'll just do the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

A family of farmers from a small community keeps a secret that they will live forever after discovering the fountain of youth but when two plastic surgeons hear about it they break their noses before fixing them up all nice and pretty for the annual family get-together photo.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:30 AM, Human without the bean said:

A family of farmers from a small community keeps a secret that they will live forever after discovering the fountain of youth but when two plastic surgeons hear about it they break their noses before fixing them up all nice and pretty for the annual family get-together photo.

Pretty straight forward connection.  Once you figure out which tv show plastic surgeons I'm talking about, ( that should be only one or two) then it should fall into place.

5 hours ago, Raf said:

Nip/Tuck Everlasting

?

Yeah the other tv show with two plastic surgeons that I can think of is "Botched". It's not really like a reality show in the sense that it treats those who have had surgeries that have gone bad. Just this year, they've come up with a different take on it and calling it "Botched By Nature"  with the doctors making house calls to people who have as a result of being born that way or through some kind of botched circumstances had the misfortune of having had something gone wrong physically.  

Raf, Go. 

An American officer who spent seven years in a North Vietnamese POW camp leads an investigation team back to Ho Chi Minh City to rescue a Detroit cop eager to return home so he can stop a car magnate (not magnet, lol) who's using violent means to eliminate his competition.