GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

In this TV-movie,  genuine citizens were interviewed and shown being their interesting selves. The most interesting story was about a young fool who tries to burgle his landlord's house only to find it super-secure to EXITING- leaving him trapped with some secret residents of that home.

In this TV-movie,  genuine citizens were interviewed and shown being their interesting selves. The most interesting story was about a young fool who tries to burgle his landlord's house only to find it super-secure to EXITING- leaving him trapped with some secret residents of that home.  The interviews were conducted by Skip Stephenson, Byron Allen, Sarah Purcell and Fred Willard. 

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Real People Under the Stairs (?)

George

YES.   "Real People"  plus "the People Under the Stairs."     Back when they aired, one classmate insisted that "That's Incredible" premiered before "Real People."   I remembered that RP aired a full year before TI.  In fact, when watching TI's premiere (I watched both shows), I thought the other network (ABC?)  was airing it specifically to compete with NBC's RP. 

I remember watching "Real People" one night, and there was a segment about a lady in Texas who stayed up all night on her CB, talking with truckers.  Once each quarter, she would also have a buffet set up, so the truckers could come in and eat.  A priest came in, aided by a cane, whose handle was "Holy Roller."  While the focus was on someone else, I heard the lady ask him, "Juraschek?"  As it happens, I had a first cousin, once removed, a Father Juraschek, who had injured his foot in a hunting accident.  (My grandfather and one of his brothers changed their names from Juraschek to St. George.  As far as I know, all the other relatives who came to America kept the old surname.)  I had only met Fr. Juraschek once, when I was about 10.  I called my parents to see if they had seen the episode.  They had, but completely missed our relative.  Oh, well.

New one soon.

George

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 9:18 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

In this movie, a British lord, who thinks he's Jesus, sues an auto company because of an accident.  The company's attorney is his attorney's daughter.  Stars Peter O'Toole, Gene Hackman, and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.

Flipping all the cards.

The Ruling Class Action

In The Ruling Class, Peter O'Toole plays a British lord who thinks he's Jesus.  Absolutely hysterical.  Realized he was God when he determined that every time he prayed, he was talking to himself.  Was married "in the year of Me, 1968."  Takes a rather dark turn at the end, however.  Still, definitely worth watching.

In Class Action, father Gene Hackman battles daughter MEM in an injury suit.  He subtly gives her the information needed to win.  Not as good as The Ruling Class, but I needed something beginning with Class.   I suppose I could have made it a triple by throwing in the Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, Jacqueline Bissett "Class," but I still don't think anyone would have gotten it.

FREE POST

George