GreaseSpot Cafe

Game: Before & After (Movies and TV)

Raf

I'm going to assume I'm right, unless AHAT comes back and tells me otherwise...

Arthur Dent is kidnapped by alien Ford Prefect, who has mistaken him for the starship captain he plays on TV and wants him to do battle with a real alien menace.

I'm going to assume I'm right, unless AHAT comes back and tells me otherwise...

Arthur Dent is kidnapped by alien Ford Prefect, who has mistaken him for the starship captain he plays on TV and wants him to do battle with a real alien menace.

I know someone else who's going to be disappointed they didn't log in before me.

They're a fan of both.

This is "the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Quest."

BTW, the BBC TV version of books 1 & 2 was MUCH better than the big screen

version of 1, and was done on a short budget.

The only thing the new one had on it was Alan Rickman's voice for Marvin.

You are correct! Welcome to the game.

I kept not having time to post, so I THOUGHT I'd joined pages ago.

=============================

A science fiction flick.

An alien and android come to tell the Earth to clean up its act so it won't be considered

a threat to other planets. But the warning comes too late- OTHER aliens attack that summer!

Major cities are hit, but the survivors will fight back. The alien will help-he's been

living as a human when this began.

(This got tough because I'm trying to include 2 versions of 1 movie in with a different

movie, to cover more ground. That meant some details have to be a bit vague.)

And the last word of the first movie is the first word of the second? Because I'm stumped... unless I've got the order of the movies reversed. Yes, that's it. I've got the order of the movies reversed!

This might be a little tougher, since neither of the films was THAT well-known, but I DO get a TWO-word overlap!

A writer/wrestler on another planet, smitten with a woman on Earth, transports her and her husband to his world of dog-people, fish-people, transsexual ex-football players, and self-mutilating women.

George

Wow.

I did mention at the outset that articles (The and A) didn't have to count as words for the purpose of this thread, so while you are correct that you used a two-word link, it's still in keeping with the original thread rules. ;)

Anyway, I'll come up with something in a bit.