GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way T.V.

penworks

On the official web site of The Way International, I thought it was interesting they felt they had to make a statement disclaiming any affiliation with the Way T.V. that apparently produced that awful video recently that is being used to inflame the Middle East.

http://www.theway.org/topic.php?page=about&lang=en

What do you guys think of this statement on that web page?

"The Way International does not support or engage in the slander of any individual, group, or country."

On the official web site of The Way International, I thought it was interesting they felt they had to make a statement disclaiming any affiliation with the Way T.V. that apparently produced that awful video recently that is being used to inflame the Middle East.

http://www.theway.org/topic.php?page=about&lang=en

"The Way International does not support or engage in the slander of any individual, group, or country."

Is this "opposite day"?

Yeah......just like wierwille's claim after his sermon on drunkenness. Supposedly, wierwille went to the back of the church

and dropped to his knees ".....and asked the Father to forgive him and that he would NEVER AGAIN preach a negative sermon."

Who ya gonna believe? PFAL or your lying eyes (and ears)? <_<

• Upvote 1

I wasn't aware that anyone was confusing the two...but then again I forgot that it really is all about them.

I wasn't aware that anyone was confusing the two...but then again I forgot that it really is all about them.

Wasn't the numerology thingy that if something is said twice, it is established. :unsure: :P ^_^

If I were in their shoes (thank God I'm not!), I might do the same thing. I wouldn't want to be confused with the hate-mongering group that put out that video.

Of course we all know they've slandered plenty of individuals, but that aside, I was surprised they were aware enough of what's going on outside WayLaLaLand to even know about this issue.

TWI would like everyone to know that we only malign those who see us for what we are and inform others of the truth. We do not malign hamburgers and other people who are scarcely worthy of our respect as fellow human beings.

TWI can hardly sue for disparaging its reputation (LOL).

I haven't seen this video, but if you substituted "homosexuals" for "Muslims" you might have something near the truth of what TWI was actually teaching, at least during Martindale's tenure.

If they wanted to tell the truth they should have modified it to say: "The Way International does not support or engage in the slander of any individual, group, or country as an official position. However, as an unofficial position and actual practice, we absolutely slander almost everyone we can think of. Since we teach an elitist Christian attitude, we ensure that slander is spread out evenly among all ethnic and religious backgrounds. However, we reserve the greatest slander and shunning practices for those that have endured our BS for years and then left."

• Upvote 1

If they wanted to tell the truth they should have modified it to say: "The Way International does not support or engage in the slander of any individual, group, or country as an official position. However, as an unofficial position and actual practice, we absolutely slander almost everyone we can think of. Since we teach an elitist Christian attitude, we ensure that slander is spread out evenly among all ethnic and religious backgrounds. However, we reserve the greatest slander and shunning practices for those that have endured our BS for years and then left."

You said so well what I thought.

• Upvote 1

You mean like this?........Click Here -- Most Fiery

TWI can hardly sue for disparaging its reputation (LOL).

Before I left they were searching out and filing suit for copyright infringement on anyone who vaguely used the words "the way" together.

Probably to supplement the dwindling abs. :)

I'd say my biggest AMEN to what LindaZ wrote.

But, of course, Chockfull and Skyrider also had tremendous insight.

To Skyrider and the thread he linked to, on Wierwille's rants, I'd say WOW.

By the way, Skyrider -- dude, WRITE your book. You really have something that needs to be

told.

Of course, I would say AMEN to what everyone else posted in their comments too.

Totally agree with what Linda Z said.....I would do the same thing if I were them and an organization etc. used part of the name of my organization and they were involved with what The Way TV is involved in. I, too, was surprised that they knew what was going on outside in the World.

And of course we know the slander that has gone on....Honestly, I don't know of anywhere where it doesn't go on.

By its very existence, every religion slanders all other religions in some way.

You're wrong about Abraham.

You're wrong about Ishmael.

You're wrong to reject Jesus.

You're wrong to exalt Jesus.

My Jesus is better than your Jesus because He's God.

My Jesus is truer than your Jesus because He's not.

You're wrong to reject Mohammed.

You're wrong to accept Mohammed.

You're all wrong and should be quiet people of peace, like us...

Tolerance demands that we put religious differences aside, especially when those differences compel us to do unto others what we would not have them do unto us. None of my business if two gay people want to get married, and it's only the church's business if the gay people want to be married in that church.

The notion that The Way does not slander other groups is preposterous on its face. Its very existence is a slander against all Christianity that came before, at least since the year 99.

Edited by Raf

I think it is funny in that ironic sort of way. The best defense against slander is to tell the truth, so, if the list, that is as long as my arm, of people born of Satan's seed is true.....no harm no foul. If it is not really hate speech to wish it were old testament times, so that stoning homosexuals is acceptable....no problem. If it is true that every person they accused of being filled with devil spirits...is in fact, filled with devil spirits. . . . they are in the clear. If Satan did bring down a plane and kill someone because their relatives left the Way..... then they are covered. If in fact, they are God's only true household on the planet and the rest of humanity inferior by default....cops outs and walking empties....what is the problem?

We minister edification, not destruction. I guess in some parallel universe, someone, somewhere, may consider what they minister as edifying. But, they really should have added a caveat to, not destruction. Maybe something like, "Unless of course you leave our ministry.....then we may sing about washing our feet in your blood".

You have to admire their nerve.

I think it is funny in that ironic sort of way. The best defense against slander is to tell the truth,

• so, if the list, that is as long as my arm, of people born of Satan's seed is true.....no harm no foul.

• If it is not really hate speech to wish it were old testament times, so that stoning homosexuals is acceptable....no problem.

• If it is true that every person they accused of being filled with devil spirits...is in fact, filled with devil spirits. . . . they are in the clear.

• If Satan did bring down a plane and kill someone because their relatives left the Way..... then they are covered.

• If in fact, they are God's only true household on the planet and the rest of humanity inferior by default....cops outs and walking empties....what is the problem?

We minister edification, not destruction. I guess in some parallel universe, someone, somewhere, may consider what they minister as edifying. But, they really should have added a caveat to, not destruction. Maybe something like, "Unless of course you leave our ministry.....then we may sing about washing our feet in your blood".

You have to admire their nerve.

True.

• Upvote 1

My pleasure, glad to be of service.

You stated it so savory and succinct. That could probably be used to state the entire platform of the Way -

If they say it's okay, it's okay, even if it's not okay for others.

If they say it isn't okay, etc.

Any deviations, apparent contradictions or conflicts are YOUR problem, not theirs. :biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

And of course we know the slander that has gone on....Honestly, I don't know of anywhere where it doesn't go on.

It may be true that slander is widespread everywhere. Yet with TWI I started realizing that the levels I saw within that organization were reaching epic proportions compared to the normal stuff I saw around in profession and community, even in politics.

You know you are in trouble when people climbing over one another's backs in profession and politics all seem to have more truthful conversations and a more real care for you than your TWI ministers, both local and at HQ.

• Upvote 1

They quit publicly slandering people with Rosalie, likely under their lawyers guidance.

However, TWI slanders the hell out of people within the organization. Gossip and politicking within the way international is rampant. Now they just whisper it to each other instead of shouting it into the microphone like Craig and Vic did.

• Upvote 1