GreaseSpot Cafe

Pffft.....70th anniversary?

OldSkool

They even lie about their anniversary. So which is it. They count from 1942. But Chimes wasn't officially incorporated until 1947. VPW stated their purpose in his articles of incorporation as:

1947 Original Artincles for The Chimes Hour Youth Caravan, Inc.

For the furtherance of the gospel of Jesus Christ by radio, or by personal appearance.

Yet the way international says on their webite TWI about page

Since 1942, our ministry has provided Biblical research that is being used throughout the world today to get back to the God-breathed original.

But in 1955, Wierwille filed for a name change and updated his stated purpose. The Way Inc. was the name used.

1955 update

But he was on his Church's payroll until 1957.

This has certainly been talked over before, but what better way to celebrate TWI's anniversary than to get into their supposed 70 years of biblical research, teaching, and fellowship.

So did a small bunch of singing kids in 1942 conduct biblical research with VPW?

Technically, TWI has been a legal entity under different names since only 1947, not 1942. Strictly speaking of an entities legal existence.

Happy anniversary!

Even if they have been around since 1942, how long has it been since they've done anything that even remotely resembles research? :B)

Yeppers! Certainly there was no research in 1942 with the Chimes Youth Caravan.

Thanks! Reading the filings -

Research isn't mentioned at all in the first filing and isn't in the later filing/update to change the name. :)

"Promoting biblical education" in "all departments of learning and knowledge" and especially in the "branches" of the company that would be involved in collecting money, properties and other resources related to accomplishing that. If you read what they wrote, it reads very clearly what their intention was.

Thanks! Reading the filings -

Research isn't mentioned at all in the first filing and isn't in the later filing/update to change the name. :)

"Promoting biblical education" in "all departments of learning and knowledge" and especially in the "branches" of the company that would be involved in collecting money, properties and other resources related to accomplishing that. If you read what they wrote, it reads very clearly what their intention was.

My points exactly. They just lie about things like that, except that danged, evil internet allows anyone to search out the truth about their corporate history. My guess is that biblical research was dreamt up much later as a selling point for PFAL.

They're still using "prevailing word"? Craig started that crap way back when.

Can no one think something up original?

And that dove looks like it died mid-flight and is nose diving.

I believe the point of the anniversary is not the founding of the organization, but VP's claim that God spoke to him audibly in Oct 1942, then proved it by a blizzard in Payne, OH. As you recall, VP liked to embellish (that is, lie) to inflate his self-importance, as most cult leaders do (Joe Smith claimed two gods appeared to him and later gave him golden plates in Egyptian, which sounds even more exciting than snow). "God" told VP that He would teach VP the Word as it had not been known since the first century, which would make VP God's 14th apostle, the man of God for our day and time.

VP added more excitement to this story over time in order to make it sound more supernatural. An early telling of the story in The Way's 25th Anniversary Souvenir booklet left out the snow and did not say that God spoke audibly. Five years later VP spun a bigger yarn (and got more people to believe it) by adding the audibility and snow. TWI, and the world, was supposed to revolve around vpw.

VPW snowed people with another snow story a few years later, claiming that a blizzard forced him tio stay in Tulsa in 1951 until he received holy spirit. Weather records from both Tulsa and Ohio prove that both stories were lies.

I believe the point of the anniversary is not the founding of the organization, but VP's claim that God spoke to him audibly in Oct 1942, then proved it by a blizzard in Payne, OH. As you recall, VP liked to embellish (that is, lie) to inflate his self-importance, as most cult leaders do (Joe Smith claimed two gods appeared to him and later gave him golden plates in Egyptian, which sounds even more exciting than snow). "God" told VP that He would teach VP the Word as it had not been known since the first century, which would make VP God's 14th apostle, the man of God for our day and time.

VP added more excitement to this story over time in order to make it sound more supernatural. An early telling of the story in The Way's 25th Anniversary Souvenir booklet left out the snow and did not say that God spoke audibly. Five years later VP spun a bigger yarn (and got more people to believe it) by adding the audibility and snow. TWI, and the world, was supposed to revolve around vpw.

VPW snowed people with another snow story a few years later, claiming that a blizzard forced him tio stay in Tulsa in 1951 until he received holy spirit. Weather records from both Tulsa and Ohio prove that both stories were lies.

I bet he even convinced himself they were true, however. Isn't that what narcissists do?

I believe the point of the anniversary is not the founding of the organization, but VP's claim that God spoke to him audibly in Oct 1942, then proved it by a blizzard in Payne, OH.

I have no doubt it may have started as that, but in present day TWI (at least when I left in 2008) the snow job story was never the reason for the anniversary. It was to celebrate the founding of the way international. The snow job story still circulates amongst the inner circles but is not publicly proclaimed the way VPW used to. Rosalie has been vying for legitimacy ever since the Allen lawsuit. In light of those efforts their website now accurately reflects what they are celebrating.

Since 1942, our ministry has provided Biblical research that is being used throughout the world today to get back to the God-breathed original.

I was at HQ when the Allen lawsuit broke. I witnessed all the changes the lawsuit brought to HQ. Rosalie finally understands that in order for TWI to survive they have to tow the legal line. She has spent over a decade working with their lawyers to figure out how to operate, how to whitewash their past, how to operate the corporate side of things so they stay out of court. She has also spent her time bringing Wierwille back to focus and white washing his image.

No. Present day TWI claims to have been in existence since 1942 as a biblical research, teaching, and fellowship ministry. I have no doubt that date was chosen because of the snow job story. But they have moved the goal posts. It's their biggest annual event and each year they copiously laud themselves for being in existence another year. Yet anyone can peruse their corporate history to understand they are lying about when and why they formed.

I don't understand that poster? It reads like it is The Way International which is "God's Prevailing Word to the World"? Am I reading that incorrectly? What does that even mean? A few thousand members doesn't really constitute mighty or prevailing does it?

That has got to be one of the most self-serving and self-aggrandizing things I have seen in awhile.

I don't understand that poster? It reads like it is The Way International which is "God's Prevailing Word to the World"? Am I reading that incorrectly? What does that even mean? A few thousand members doesn't really constitute mighty or prevailing does it?

That has got to be one of the most self-serving and self-aggrandizing things I have seen in awhile.

geisha.......first of all, you can't look at this thru carnal eyes. You see, "a few thousand" walking in prevailing power

can shake the world of its spiritual slumber. And, all that "prevailing stuff" is twi at its apex as it constitutes the

continuation of Paul's ministry, the great mystery, and fulfillment of God's will [Acts 19:20].

And, besides......twi doesn't need to prevail with signs and stuff. Only the spiritually immature can't see twi's greatness

for all that it is.

:wink2:

• Upvote 1

Allow me to translate the phrase......The accent is on "prevailing". Ya see, there are lots of different versions of God's Word floating around in this old world but, TWI's version is the "prevailing" version....as in THE BEST!

See now? Nothing has changed.

A few thousand members doesn't really constitute mighty or prevailing does it?

:thinking: Well, the way I see it, TWI likes to quote Joshua where it says "one of you shall chase a thousand." Of course in TWI's annals the one that did the chasing was Martindale and he chased off thousands. So, yes. That few thousand remaining TWI followers are so mighty they can shake the foundations of the earth. I mean look what Martindale accomplished? :biglaugh:

:thinking: Well, the way I see it, TWI likes to quote Joshua where it says "one of you shall chase a thousand." Of course in TWI's annals the one that did the chasing was Martindale and he chased off thousands. So, yes. That few thousand remaining TWI followers are so mighty they can shake the foundations of the earth. I mean look what Martindale accomplished? :biglaugh:

Wow. I think you have something there. That's TWI's natural leadership selection process. If you have an odious enough personality where your mere presence causes a thousand to leave the immediate vicinity, then you have those qualities that TWI is looking for. You are a prime "prevailing" candidate. :smilie_kool_aid:

Is that their slogan now? Prevailing word TO the world?

I thought it was Prevailing word OVER the world.

Or maybe just Prevailing word.

Craig announced (didn't he?) that the word had gone over the world and now TWI wasn't talking in terms of Word Over the Word but God's Prevailing Word.

@ Dabobbada - that's funny!

1349985871[/url]' post='546851']

Is that their slogan now? Prevailing word TO the world?

I thought it was Prevailing word OVER the world.

Or maybe just Prevailing word.

Craig announced (didn't he?) that the word had gone over the world and now TWI wasn't talking in terms of Word Over the Word but God's Prevailing Word.

Maybe the heavy revvy has changed. Again. Or,... maybe the present truth was altered to fit into the ever-shifting present. Or,... maybe we lack the spiritual maturity to fully comprehend the shiftiness of the heavy revvy. It even comes with a map, which is new; heavy revvy didn't used to come with a map. It used to come with a verbal slap upside the head, but no map. The new heavy revvy shifting present truth has placed the world above the Word, which is new. It used to be the Word came first, but now the world is on top. Ah, but the Word, you see, is at the bottom because it is the firm foundation over which the flat world hovers. I think that about covers it. Unless you want me to go on...