GreaseSpot Cafe

Roasting TWI at GSC Dinner

skyrider

For those who watch roast events.....where individuals and self-deprecation take center stage and turn the serious on its head, last night's Alfred E. Smith Annual Dinner was just that. And, in the spirit of charity.....it raises about $5 Million for Catholic charitable projects.

In light of that, it reminded me how it is common to step back and laugh at ourselves and others' seriousness of positions.

If you were given the opportunity, with twi's directors seated nearby, to stand at the microphone for five minutes,

what zingers would you rattle off to openly display the absurdity of twi or your involvement in it?

For me, here is a sample of a few that come to mind:

1) With twi touted as a biblical RESEARCH organization, I found it incredible that so few even knew if the department still existed.

2) Boastfully, twi portrays themselves as "international outreach".....yet, you have to be involved to get ahold of any of their books.

3) Silly me, I left college to participate in their classes and programs without realizing their founder had a mail-order doctorate.

4) Amazing how a ministry that prides itself on helping others initiates programs and mindsets that lead to lock-step, collective loyalty.

5) In the end, I found that after coming full circle.....my new starting point was to UNLEARN what this 'research' group had taught.

Laughter IS a good medicine....to remedy the ill-will of twi's profound greatness (cough, cough). :B)

For those who watch roast events.....where individuals and self-deprecation take center stage and turn the serious on its head, last night's Alfred E. Smith Annual Dinner was just that. And, in the spirit of charity.....it raises about $5 Million for Catholic charitable projects.

In light of that, it reminded me how it is common to step back and laugh at ourselves and others' seriousness of positions.

If you were given the opportunity, with twi's directors seated nearby, to stand at the microphone for five minutes,

what zingers would you rattle off to openly display the absurdity of twi or your involvement in it?

For me, here is a sample of a few that come to mind:

1) With twi touted as a biblical RESEARCH organization, I found it incredible that so few even knew if the department still existed.

2) Boastfully, twi portrays themselves as "international outreach".....yet, you have to be involved to get ahold of any of their books.

3) Silly me, I left college to participate in their classes and programs without realizing their founder had a mail-order doctorate.

4) Amazing how a ministry that prides itself on helping others initiates programs and mindsets that lead to lock-step, collective loyalty.

5) In the end, I found that after coming full circle.....my new starting point was to UNLEARN what this 'research' group had taught.

Laughter IS a good medicine....to remedy the ill-will of twi's profound greatness (cough, cough). :B)

All I could come up with is "Screw you!"

Do you think they would laugh?

One could use the approach.....

Here ya got a ministry that prides itself on attention to detail, and it...

1) Moves to the wierwille homestead on February 2, 1962...and even the groundhog didn't surface on this cold, blustery morning.

2) Wierwille has 14 years (1953-1967) to plan for the filming of pfal.......and the lighting burns his retinas, oops.

3) The corps program doesn't get off the ground the first year and is labeled the Zero Corps by the one who failed.

4) WOW Ambassadors are pinned when arriving "home"......yet, the homecoming wears thin when their money runs out.

5) Wierwille tells martindale to have lots of sex with others.....and the "thing" couldn't be contained, or zipped.

I just wanted to say hello to Rosalie and congratulate her on her ascension to the top of The Way International hierarchy. Well done. As any good president knows, you would not be where you are today if not for the shoulders of the giants on which you stand, so let's give a hand to all those giants, shall we?

Craig Martindale! John Lynn! Chris Geer! Vince Finnegan! Mike Tracy! Walter Cummins! Johnny Townsend! Earl Burton! Ralph Dubofsky! Let's give them all a BIG hand!

Tough room.

1) So Rosalie, in yours and Donna's relationship is it true that you wear the pants?

2) How is it exactly that you have a Biblical "Research, Teaching, and Fellowship" ministry with one part-time employee in the Research department?

3) Do you think that more accurately when you present that Corps graduation certificate, that it should be a "Doctorate of Micromanagement" rather than an Associate of Theology?

4) Why do all of you walk around looking like you have a stick up your butt and your nose in the clouds?

5) Has the experiment ever been repeated in the ministry where someone has a Drambuie-based hallucination of snow in summer?

6) Rosalie, how is it since you have taken sailing lessons that you still can't find your butt in the dark with both hands?

7) Are the artists still around that can do "Planet of the Apes" stick figures like the ones on your previous annual theme posters? I hear they are making a sequel to the movie and if you'd let them off-grounds or approve their vacation, they may be able to do some real good there.

Edited by chockfull

I just wanted to say hello to Rosalie and congratulate her on her ascension to the top of The Way International hierarchy. Well done. As any good president knows, you would not be where you are today if not for the shoulders of the giants on which you stand, so let's give a hand to all those giants, shall we?

Craig Martindale! John Lynn! Chris Geer! Vince Finnegan! Mike Tracy! Walter Cummins! Johnny Townsend! Earl Burton! Ralph Dubofsky! Let's give them all a BIG hand!

Tough room.

Mike Tracy? He was in the 7th WC. You must be thinking of someone else.

Roasting rosie, donna and mis-directors......

In my youth, I took your classes and signed up for some programs......BUT that does not mean

that *my life is YOURS TO TAKE* by any stretch of your deceiving agendas. You say you stand

for biblical truth......and yet, scripture explicitly states that INDIVIDUALLY, each person

is accountable for his or her life before God.

If one is to follow your collective agenda of groupthink, then wouldn't it stand to reason that

you COLLECTIVELY are laden with the sins of wierwille and his ilk? Twi cannot cherry-pick the

'whole of goodness' and dismiss the 'trainwreck of destruction' to objective thought.

Twi has NEVER addressed the real reasons for the 1987 exodus and 2000 mini-exodus.

In my youth, I took your classes and signed up for some programs......BUT that does not mean

that *my life is YOURS TO TAKE* by any stretch of your deceiving agendas. You say you stand

for biblical truth......and yet, scripture explicitly states that INDIVIDUALLY, each person

If one is to follow your collective agenda of groupthink, then wouldn't it stand to reason that

you COLLECTIVELY are laden with the sins of wierwille and his ilk? Twi cannot cherry-pick the

'whole of goodness' and dismiss the 'trainwreck of destruction' to objective thought.

Twi has NEVER addressed the real reasons for the 1987 exodus and 2000 mini-exodus.

Poignant, but not necessarily humorous.

Perhaps you need another slice of baloney in your shoes... ;)

Everything I was going to type in this space is NSFW.

It involved crude comments about sadistic old lady lesbian madams, their young(er) lovers and a dog video.

And a literal stick that made someone unable to bend because of where their "father in the Word" put it back in the sixties.

Close enough.

I am a terrible person.

Do you do business plans for universities too? I mean you could make a TON of money - there have been what, 40 years of people paying you tuition WITHOUT EVER HAVING ONE ACCREDITED PhD in charge of the program. And also, your alumni program should be patented. Nowhere else, when people attend a college, does the end result come out that now they owe you everything and you owe them nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

Need to get Lisa Lampellnelli(?) and professional roasters, or maybe Jeff Dunham and his puppets Walter and Peanut to comment. :biglaugh:

I wouldn't like to roast TWI at all. It would give one very bad indigestion. At the very least.

I'd like to roast ... a nice leg of lamb ... or some pork ... and some pumpkin and other vegetables ... and some nice potatoes.

Roast them, and make something useful. Yum.

I understand you preach God's loving abiding protection. Then, howscome you need your own police car and the head of Safety (possibly among others) freely roams the grounds packing a loaded weapon in a shoulder holster?

• 3 weeks later...

Need to get Lisa Lampellnelli(?) and professional roasters, or maybe Jeff Dunham and his puppets Walter and Peanut to comment. :biglaugh:/>/>

How about rosie on a schtick? or maybe she can play Walter's role(or was that Craig's)? yes, she can be Dunham's new puppet and Doona can replace Achmed. :biglaugh:/>

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

• 2 weeks later...

It's almost time.. for another foray into the abyss.. heh.

:biglaugh:

Who's "in"?

doesn't have to be a big crowd or anything. the last one I showed up to, I didn't assume the role of some kind of ax murderer or anything..

start chanting.. wienie, roast.. Wienie Roast.. WIENIE ROAST!

Everything I was going to type in this space is NSFW.

It involved crude comments about sadistic old lady lesbian madams, their young(er) lovers and a dog video.

And a literal stick that made someone unable to bend because of where their "father in the Word" put it back in the sixties.

Close enough.

I am a terrible person.

please do go on - i might stay here

Hmmm. We need.. another meeting. Lots of shrooms. Lots of Par Juice..

:biglaugh:

about forty or so over the hill, past middle age.. whatzits'.. stoned out of their minds, dancing around a big fire somewhere..

Not too many years left here to pull something like this off..not many at all.

Hmmm. We need.. another meeting. Lots of shrooms. Lots of Par Juice..

:biglaugh:/>

about forty or so over the hill, past middle age.. whatzits'.. stoned out of their minds, dancing around a big fire somewhere..

Not too many years left here to pull something like this off..not many at all.

:biglaugh:/> :biglaugh:/> :biglaugh:/>

I'll bring the music:

• 4 years later...
On 10/20/2012 at 8:59 AM, skyrider said:

Sky, if they do, please let me know.  Somehow, I don't think this issue will be addressed in my lifetime, but I could be wrong.

On 10/20/2012 at 10:27 PM, excathedra said:

is this a toast or a weenie roast? if the latter, i would like to toast wierwille's little weenie roast

LOL, love it