GreaseSpot Cafe

New Internet Info

Preacher

Enclosed are just 3 websites to those who want to be blessed.

http://archive.org/details/PfalOpeningSession

This one has session 1 of PFAL!

http://freechristianministry.com/TheWay.html

http://www.wierwille.org/misc-teachings/the-red-thread

This is a really cool website!

Please feel free to comment your feelings on this.

Thanx

Have a nice and blessed day!

Mark 16:14 ¶Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

19 ¶So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Paul_Wierwille

http://www.biblicalresearchjournal.org/brj-pages_html/001mm04_teachings_vpw.html

Edited by Preacher

The third one is a plagiarized ripoff.

vpw was NOT the first person to preach on The Red Thread,

and it was taught better by the person who actually studied and produced it.

The second one might actually have something,

as it isn't just photocopies of someone else's work.

(At least, not at first glance.)

The first one is silly.

It's got a highly fictionalized account of vpw's life on it,

with many details wrong AS REPORTED BY HIM.

However, it sounds like it was written by someone who thought

vpw had an "OVERabundance of brains and brawn"

and "where he walked, the earth shook."

That's the one that thought that pfal and vpw's stuff replaced

the Bible.

Those are my INITIAL feelings on this.

If I have time later, I may itemize the gross fictionalizations

and blatant lies and contrast them with what is known and how

it is known.

• Upvote 1

I'd figure you'd be all over something positive!

What do you do sit at your pc full time on greasespot and wait for something good to come along so you can put your 2 cents worth in?

Get a life dude!

All others, ignor the above "personal opinion" and check it out for yourself!

Hmmm. Comment my feelings on this. OK.

First, here's a quote from this site:

The Man Of God:

Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille was a man of God in every sense of that phrase. He lived for God, walked with Him, and spoke for Him. He knew the Shepherd; and he knew how to lead others to Him. Young Victor Paul heard God's clarion call on his life, and he poured out his life in tireless service for Him. The Lord found a powerful, one-of-a-kind man of unique abilities; and V.P. Wierwille proved to have a many-faceted, power-filled ministry.

My feelings on this are it's a lot of horse puckey. VPW was an adulterer, who took advantage of young women. See Kristin Skedgell's book "Losing the Way" for concrete examples in detail. Oh, and in case you think she's lying, there are plenty who corroborate her stories. Also, VPW was a plagiarist. Receiving the Holy Spirit Today contains by conservative estimate about 70-80% of the exact content of J.E.Stiles book (who VP said led him into tongues) although Stiles book was published earlier.

I guess if that's what you mean by a "many-faceted" ministry all right then.

A list of people who used to be in the Way, but now run splinter groups or fellowships. Nice if you want to get in touch with someone from your past.

This was plagiarized almost exactly from Oral Roberts most famous sermon, entitled "The 4th Man". You can find transcripts of that on Amazon to compare, and can find Oral's original teaching too. Oh, and by the way, they used to play Oral's teaching for the Corps in training. Somehow they were too brainwashed to pick up on the plagiarism angle of it.

Have a nice and blessed day!

You have a nice and blessed day too!

I'm a big fan of a lot of positive things.

I'm a critic of sycophantic advertisements or outright lies.

What do you do sit at your pc full time on greasespot and wait for something good to come along so you can put your 2 cents worth in?

Actually,

I wandered by at that moment and you REQUESTED responses.

Now that you have them, you're upset because you didn't get the response you WANTED.

And there's that FICTION again that it was something "GOOD."

There's plenty "GOOD" in cyberspace and I can tell the difference.

Get a life dude!

I have a life.

If you'll check your dates, one of your posts I responded to recently was months or years old.

I happened across it recently.

Have I become your enemy because I tell you the truth?

All others, ignor the above "personal opinion" and check it out for yourself!

Heh.

"Ï want your honest opinions.

Unless you disagree with me-then I want people to ignore your opinion."

• Upvote 1

Blatant lies and distortions exalting the life of a con man who preyed upon God's people to satisfy his lust for money, power and flesh is NOT "positive." It is pathetic.

Not you. I'm sure you're a swell guy. So long as you're not emulating the man you admire.

P.S. The conclusion of Mark 16 is a crock.

Back about 1974 I was sitting in the BRC and the subject for the day turned out to be the red thread. This was still in the times when vp still acknowledged at least that he learned much of his stuff from others and would give them a tip of the hat occasionally.

So he was talking about this red thread thing that Oral Roberts had done. (Mind you,in days gone by, Oral, Billy Graham and vp used to pal around a lot, before they got caught up in their respective ministry thangs, you know.)

So vp was saying Oral had done this red thread thing and vp was impressed enough to take it and work it for himself. And here he was this fine day having corrected a few errors to show the perfection of that great red thread that was the whole subject of the bible.

The crowd, was suitably impressed. And as usual, vp's greatest works had someone else's sweat on it.

Hi Preacher

Quoting your post: "Feel free to comment your feelings on this".

OK, here are my feelings:

Since you're obviously a mole from the Way come here because you think you're better than anyone else there doesn't seem much point in anyone engaging in discussion with you.

You obviously didn't bother to read the purpose of this forum, which is that:

"These forums are meant to be a place of discussion, where ideas and debates are encouraged. We welcome your opinion."

You seem to think that this is a place where you can peddle your adulterated doctrine and make it seem dandy by adding some nice words and a passage of scripture to finish off.

Gives you a nice feeling that you've done your bit for the Lord, does it? Hey, you're only fooling yourself buddy.

If you want to preach why don't you go set up your own web site and get the hell off this one.

Hey, God bless you too!

By the way, don't bother responding to this. I'm not interested in hearing any more of your cr@p.

Get a life dude!

I always love how Wierwille was the drunken con man who slept with young women from his congregation, yet when that is mentioned, we are the ones being negative. You can't separate the con man from his con. Especially, when the con is loaded with doctrinal error from here to Tinbuktu, and the con man was anything but a man of God.

Back about 1974 I was sitting in the BRC and the subject for the day turned out to be the red thread. This was still in the times when vp still acknowledged at least that he learned much of his stuff from others and would give them a tip of the hat occasionally.

So he was talking about this red thread thing that Oral Roberts had done. (Mind you,in days gone by, Oral, Billy Graham and vp used to pal around a lot, before they got caught up in their respective ministry thangs, you know.)

dabobbada......did I miss the sarcasm in this?

I seriously doubt that wierwille ever 'used to pal around' with Oral Roberts and Billy Graham. Yeah, I know.....wierwille

always was name-dropping to make himself look important and all. Mrs. Wierwille's book documents alot of men (and women)

who helped vpw and/or spent time with him......neither Oral nor Billy are found in the pages of her book.

Time and time again, wierwille was the wee little student at the seminar......and later boasted that he and Reverend So-and-so

were working the word together and saw the same thing or some-such drivel.

Sunday Night Teaching #484

Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille: "I see my life beyond today and tomorrow. I see my life from generation to generation causing the mystery to be lived."

Wow, he didn't think too highly of himself did he? I hope the context makes that quote seem less blasphemous, but I couldn't get past the first bit without the threat of tossing my lunch. Here I thought it was Jesus who lives always to intercede. . . . . and all the time it was VP's life that would carry on and cause the mystery to be lived. Who knew?

Dr. Victor Paul Wierwille: "I see my life beyond today and tomorrow. I see my life from generation to generation causing the mystery to be lived."

He needed to. If he saw his life as it was, he would have ran to the hills! :rolleyes:

The mystery is: Why in the hell would anyone stick with the way international? :knuddel:

Are you sure you didn't mis-hear, Geisha? Sure that was "mystery," was it? Not "misery"?

dabobbada......did I miss the sarcasm in this?

I seriously doubt that wierwille ever 'used to pal around' with Oral Roberts and Billy Graham. Yeah, I know.....wierwille

always was name-dropping to make himself look important and all. Mrs. Wierwille's book documents alot of men (and women)

who helped vpw and/or spent time with him......neither Oral nor Billy are found in the pages of her book.

Time and time again, wierwille was the wee little student at the seminar......and later boasted that he and Reverend So-and-so

were working the word together and saw the same thing or some-such drivel.

[/quote

I don't go around talking about this normally but hopefully it may open the eyes of the person who started this thread.

I am married to one of Oral Roberts' relatives. She used to play at his house with his children. She saved personal letters from him and his wife, Evelyn. When she was in college, he came to town and stopped by to have lunch with her. She still keeps in contact with his two remaining children. She confirmed that Oral Roberts and Billy Graham were good friends and even took vacations together. She didn't even know of Wierwille's existence until I told her about him and my former involvement with The Way. If Roberts and Wierwille were buddies, there is more than a good chance that she would have heard of him.

• Upvote 1

Preacher, you may be wrong about the Berne Convention and copyright, where it pertains to PFAL. Wierwille's words were put into fixed form in the Power for Abundant Living book, which certainly was legally copyrighted. By making a derivative work out of his words (internet recording) and distributing it widely (over the internet), you would be in violation of copyright, and the fair use argument would not apply, as you would be inhibiting TWI from making money from his words now or in the future by plastering them all over the internet.

And weren't all copies of PFAL owned by TWI, not sold or given away? So aren't you publishing a stolen tape? Oopsie.

• 3 months later...

Proverbs 16:18  ¶Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

19  ¶Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Boy, this describes Wierwille and company to a T.