GreaseSpot Cafe

East Urn

socks

Sorry, I was busy speaking in tongues for the east coast and the aftermath of Sandy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA~~~!!!

To me, that's just funny. Laugh with me, people, laugh. It's ultra serious, compared to this bs. Like the world's going to end tomorrow if we don't figure out why free vocalization sounds like Keith Jarrett gargling. I know - I know, that's why I didn't get too involved, excie and I were playing bongoes in the back.

That other thread?

Toast and jam, I never though it was all that rude or crude.

You guys may want to move out to the west coast, where everyboydy's, like all mellow and stuff. Whatever, man, y'know? It's all good and cool, and stuff.

I laughed.

For the record, I don't routinely check reports of abuse or rules violations. Not saying I never have, but if someone wants to report me, it's not a useless exercise. Other mods will see it. And if I act on such a report, by trying to sweep it under the rug or some such nonsense, that's trackable. The other mods CAN see what I've done. I imagine the consequences of my doing so would be severe.

In other words, feel free to report me if you think I've violated the rules. I probably won't see it, and on the off chance I do, I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Not me, Raf. figure, what the heck. It was - 1. your thread and 2. a fairly vigorous discussion.

In real life I have preferences and make choices. I like some things, don't like others. Not liking something from a personal preference standpoint isn't always looked at fondly by people, as if there's something wrong with it. As if we should all be fair and open and able to like everything or at least tolerate everything.

To me that's not real, it's not how I live anyway. If I don't like something or have a preference I can exercise in my favor - I do. If it means loss to others or could have a negative effect on someone I will definitely try to weigh that and do right by others as I'd like to be done right by others to me. Or something like that.

I allow the same thing in others. Bugs the crap out of me sometimes - "how can they be so stooopid???"....or is that what they say about me? Either way.

I feel like a lot of endless wasting of effort and time can go into dissecting how and why we can be fair and balanced and equitable in all things all the time :wave:when the net result is often not that way and it's unrealistic to expect it. It's realistic to try but I have to take the results as they come and work with them.

GS is sensitive to this sort of stuff for obvious reasons. To expect perfection is fine, to work towards it is great, to insist on it - is going to be lonely work.

I know - I'm easy. Not always, I just save energy for stuff that really matters, like working towards a world where a Gibson or Fender guitar made in America doesn't cost as much as a down payment on a house, or a car. Ya gotta pick your battles. :asdf:

Your thread, you closed it - you opened it.

What's not to like? :wave:

I have at least three outlandish stories, experienced personally in the last decade. I do not ask anyone else to *accept* them..

One is an insane(?) see the light story..

another one was a "bad trip" in wal*mart..

:biglaugh:

several outlandish experiences in childhood, as vivid today as then..

sometimes I like to go places, or to come to places, to compare notes, so to speak..