GreaseSpot Cafe

Any current or recent TWI members here?

JustThinking

Well, my fellow grease spots, it has been some time. Does GSC have any current or recent TWI members? How big is TWI now? Roughly. And, please, I know we all love to joke and kid and vent but I would like to get some real info.

Also, I looked at TWI's web site recently. Wow, it looks like the same type of poster/theme from 20 years ago. Can you imagine how boring it must be for those who have been in a long time?!!! It's like having the same food for dinner every night.

JT

Estimates for US and Canada are maybe 1 thousand at the most(includes UK, Australia, and NZ). Not sure about factions, splinter groups, off shoots, cliques such as CFFM, S&TF, LTF, CR&F, etc. maybe also 1 thousand globally. :smilie_kool_aid:

:offtopic:/>

Estimates for US and Canada are maybe 1 thousand at the most(includes UK, Australia, and NZ).

Umm, Thomas...I know the USA likes to rule the world but since when did "UK, Australia, and NZ" become part of the US and Canada?

Back on topic:

No idea on numbers, but I know a few people in the UK who adhere to too many of the precepts without still "belonging" to TWI.

As to their website: occasionally I take a look to see if anything has changed. All that happens is that its appearance gets more and more dated. There are (or were) a few videos up but even they are old. In today's world of mega-animation and interactive websites, TWI's is so static you'd think it was a statue.

`In today's world of mega-animation and interactive websites, TWI's is so static you'd think it was a statue.

You got that right, and not to mention they require using snail mail to contact them:

The Way International

Information Center

P.O. Box 328

New Knoxville OH 45871-0328

U.S.A.

How's that for archaic?

Reason? Rosalie wants to make sure people are "serious" when they get in touch with them and figures pen, paper, envelope, and stamp makes people work a little harder than just anyone sending an email.

Rosalie's goals are vastly different than VP's "Word Over the World". I've heard several repeated private in-person comments that seem to indicate her goal is to make HQ "Self Sufficient", meaning not needing income from any followers around the world to stay going. Already internationally the only money coming in is bookstore sales. The $$ stay in the country. So mostly HQ is funded by USA members. (On a side note, it's a ludicrous claim that they don't have any members. The $$$ support them, they want to stay in control of them, etc.)

The old bag's main goal seems to be preserve the cash and drive everyone else out that doesn't share a vision of her as a matriarchal substitute for Jesus Christ.

I took a look at that web site recently too. You know what the musical numbers remind me of? Lawrence Welk! It's religious Lawrence Welk for for old coots! But then.. that's who their audience is now. I'd be surprised if they still had 1000 members...

sudo

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I took a look at that web site recently too. You know what the musical numbers remind me of? Lawrence Welk!

Yes, that's it!!! Tank you, tank you. Now fur a luvly number called Rotting wit Jezusss. A one and a two...

:eusa_clap:

JT

Estimates for US and Canada are maybe 1 thousand at the most(includes UK, Australia, and NZ). Not sure about factions, splinter groups, off shoots, cliques such as CFFM, S&TF, LTF, CR&F, etc. maybe also 1 thousand globally. :smilie_kool_aid:/>

TLB,

Thanks for the info!

JT