GreaseSpot Cafe

Printer/scanner driver

Twinky

Just got myself a new laptop which runs Windows 8 (an interesting (?) and amusing new development for those of you who haven't yet had the pleasure). It's definitely nothing like Win7 or XP or anything else.

I also have an Epsom DX4050 all-in-one printer/scanner.

And wojja know, there doesn't seem to be a Win8 driver, or at least I can't find one online.

Any of you computer geek types got any ideas?

Just got myself a new laptop which runs Windows 8 (an interesting (?) and amusing new development for those of you who haven't yet had the pleasure). It's definitely nothing like Win7 or XP or anything else.

I also have an Epsom DX4050 all-in-one printer/scanner.

And wojja know, there doesn't seem to be a Win8 driver, or at least I can't find one online.

Any of you computer geek types got any ideas?

Twinky, I am not sure if your spelling of Epson with an M instead of N was a typo or the reason for your problem, but Epson's site seems to show a Win8 driver for that machine. It may not be full featured, but it works on Win8 32 bit according to the site- http://esupport.epson-europe.com/FileDetails.aspx?lng=en-GB&data=lkuCfcvA9cw77whFcRdwis4JOQH9mtNd&id=375890

Ah, cool, thanks, Hap.

Yes, typo on my part. I had a good old rummage through the actual Epson website so why I couldn't find this is a mystery.

The driver is for 32-bit and I think I have 64-bit, will it still work?

Maybe because I put in Win8 & 64 bit - but even so, I thought the printer might show.

I guess I have to install it from your link, see what works, and uninstall if nothing happens. I'll let you know.

Thanks for your help.

funny DABA.

@Twinky- when I searched the site for your printer and Win8 64bit it came up with the same driver. But underneath i is a link "No Windows 8 Driver?" That also shows on the 32 bit search though so I think it is always present even when it shows a driver for you, but it is confusing to see it (I saw that link first and almost thought it meant there was not a driver)

I would give it a try. If it will not work I would think it would tell you when you try to install it. HP does anyway.

I think there's not a 64 bit driver, only 32 bit. Yes, it was that No driver message that has me confused, esp when you found that driver.

There's nothing to lose (is there?) by having a go at installing it. Cheaper than a new printer, anyway.

A task for the w/e perhaps.