exwayfers may need to move on

excathedra

many might have to "get their needs met on facebook" :( as more sites go down

ps. i don't belong to facebook much too exhausting for me

but this site has become almost as boring as being in residence

this is not meant to be an insult

after all my years on here, i still don't want to leave

but ohmygosh

many might have to "get their needs met on facebook" sad.gif as more sites go down

but ohmygosh

I generally follow any discussions, but I rarely post anymore. So much other stuff going on. :)

many might have to "get their needs met on facebook" :(/> as more sites go down

but ohmygosh

I can speak only for myself, excie, but I can identify with what you're saying. I started working on my masters degree in theology about a year and a half ago, and I've found real Christianity to be so much broader and deeper than the things we did, or thought of ourselves, in TWI. A few years back, it was easy to get into good doctrinal discussions on Greasespot, when we were trying to sort out the truth and the error that we learned in PFAL. But it doesn't seem that way anymore. People have settled into what they want to think, and that's just that. You wrote "after all my years on here, i still don't want to leave" I'm thankful for the people I've gotten to know here, and feel that we've shared a lot of experience, even though we may not have been at the same time and place while involved in TWI. Wierwille and other leaders were awful hypocrites, but I know there were people in the twigs who really did love me with the love of God, and I loved them too. I miss that!

Meanwhile, the immediacy of my involvement recedes father and farther into the past...

Here's to you, excie! I'm glad to have spent some time with you!

Love,

Steve

I drop in here a couple of times a day for a few minutes to see if there are any new posts, and I've noticed that sometimes days go by without anything new.

As for TWI, not much going on there so not much to say about them.

But I still keep coming back........

Posting goes in cycles as people live their lives.

Since there's been no announcement that the GSC is closing,

this was just a complaint there's been no interesting posts in the past few days.

I have some threads planned, myself, but I have to fit them in to my own life.

In a few months, I hope to have more time for me, and thus more time to post.

(I might be able to post them earlier, we'll all see when we see.)

I can't guarantee you'll find them interesting. I will, hopefully some people will.

(snip)

(snip)

Then it's an ACCIDENTAL insult, but an insult nonetheless.

Here's one possible solution...

You think we need an interesting thread or two?

How about starting it yourself?

Actually WW, there was an announcement just over a year that this site would close. And many people said their goodbyes and left then. Since that time, certainly the number of posters has dropped off.

Yep, O&A, I look in often but there can be days without posts. I've started a few to see what interest there is...not much.

Steve, the entire Christian community is so diverse that there is always something going on. The different facets of contribution into community life can be fascinating. Some are deep Christian thinkers but they don't spout their knowledge, just act on it; others don't know so much but enthusiastically get involved in outreach in whatever manner - nobody spouts superiority TWI-style.

I always enjoy and find thought-provoking the discussions you start in Doctrinal.

I'm still here! :anim-smile:/>

Ok, had to spoof Wierwille.

GSC is still very relevant, even though the way international has lost relevancy. Before I left the way, I lurked here for several years. The information on this site helped peel layers of denial away, as I kept coming back and reading more. After leaving TWI, I decided to start posting what I had been exposed to from my time in the way corps, coordinating a department, and being on the cabinet for a very short stint. Even though much of what I posted is boring and corporate in nature, (almost as boring as Rosalie) I can only hope the contribution goes to expose the whited sepulcher the way international has become.

I think it's up to everyone to contribute if there is something to say. If not, do what you can to stay active and keep GSC going.

Wordwolf, I look forward to your posts.

Edited by OldSkool

Like everyone else, my life has moved on since twi. (Especially lately.)

I feel good about many posters who have moved on BECAUSE they've gone on with their lives.

They're all GSC success stories!

Those of us still posting all have lives as well, of course. I also hope that those

still Christian, posting now or not, have found healthy Christians to interact with

corporately to some degree, even online if necessary.

(I hope all posters are moving on in healthy ways regardless of their belief systems,

and that's probably true of almost all of them, past and present.)

We post, hopefully, because we have something to say. Paw could always put the forums

into an archive, read-only, mode if we all stopped having something to say. I'm hoping

nobody's posting just to post, or to raise post-counts or something.

I don't mind quieter days in between cycles. The threads with lots of posts and squabbling,

were they really better than lulls in posting?

I venture to say that some people who have benefited and some who continue to benefit from GSC have never posted at all, but, rather, have found their answers in simply reading and giving careful consideration to the content.

Edited by waysider

Maybe there aren't that many more to "move on"?

Whoever is left is there for life and won't move on regardless of what they learn. The "lifers" at HQ.

But I don't doubt there are some useful fellowships out there - at basic twig level maybe there is still some genuine heart.

And of others - children of lifers - they want out and are ready to flee regardless of GSC.

Mind you, some of the younger ones have fled to VPW's grandson's cult...they'll want to move on some day.

As to the rest of the old hands around here, we stick around for various reasons.

Not sure that for any of us that it's the lack of somewhere else to go - we've mostly been out long enough to want to look around at what else is offered that's not vpw-linked.

One reason for sticking around is to help those who might still be looking for a way out. The lurkers. The lost.

Someone had the kindness to stick around for us in those difficult days...

From personal experience, my healing has been in stages. As much as I had wished it could be instant, it wasn't. GS helped my healing, it was like feeling like "I wasn't the only one" who had that experience or this experience. For many, many years, TWI had a "Hold" on me even though I wasn't there physically. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually, I was still a way believer for many years, even though I was desperately trying to move on. This site helped me to heal.

I was in TWI for 13 years and I was totally into it and thought I was a lifer. I had no thought of every leaving. I thought God had brought me to it and I was content for a long time believing I was in the center of God's will for my life. Then things started changing, or maybe it was me who was just catching things that didn't seem "right" to me. Even in my uncomfortableness, I didn't leave, I still stayed because I thought I was committed to God.

Leaving and coming here, My eyes started seeing what I had been unable to see when I was involved and even after I left. I had no idea where I actually was until the healing and the awareness started. This site and the people that posted were a great aid in my healing. I don't think I would be where I am today not having both in my life.

Today, I am no longer "Held" by TWI. I have moved on. I'm free today. I am very happy with my life and constantly thank God for what He has done in my life, cause I could not do it. I couldn't help myself....but God used GSC to help me see what I had never seen before.

I have "moved on" as far as beliefs and life are concerned. Now I return to help others. I hope that my posts can give some hope, some light to blind eyes...that I can be an aid in helping others to heal.

I never know who comes here, who reads the posts, who needs help at an intense painful moment in their lives. I just know I've been where they are and reading these forums were a life line to me in a time of confusion, and great need.

I hope I can do the same for someone else. That's why I now return.

Sure - we all move on. With different timings, paces, ideas. Things cycle here as well. The nature of forums is such that it's either going to be dead or there is going to be a flame war going on. Forums of all natures seem to cycle between the two, and a balance of that is probably normal for a forum.

The flame wars are tedious, mostly to those reading, and to those posting too.

However, beyond the cycling of activity on the forum I always remember the purpose of the forum. The Way International's morning cup of reality. And ANYONE with even a remote attachment to or involvement with TWI needs a morning cup of reality. The whole cult functions with a remarkable aversion to any type of reality other than the one they manufacture.

I have moved on. But I still post as part of my volunteer Christian service to help others who, like myself, desperately need that morning cup of reality.

Newlife, :knuddel:/> what you say is probably common to many posters here.

There are still people who need to be rescued. :cryhug_1_:/>

So there is still a need for people to be here, to throw the lifeline. There are a number of people here who come ... because they want to help. :dance:/>

In our area there are a lot of people recovering from abusive churches. I wish there was a way that all of them could have a GSC experience like I did. It was integral to my recovery.

Why don't you start one? Or refer them to GSC cause spiritual abuse is spiritual abuse no matter what name you tag on to it. We can all relate I think. Just a thought.

Posting goes in cycles as people live their lives.

Since there's been no announcement that the GSC is closing,

this was just a complaint there's been no interesting posts in the past few days.

I have some threads planned, myself, but I have to fit them in to my own life.

In a few months, I hope to have more time for me, and thus more time to post.

(I might be able to post them earlier, we'll all see when we see.)

I can't guarantee you'll find them interesting. I will, hopefully some people will.

I look forward to that!

Yeah, I guess we move on, develope interests, get involved with raising kiddos and their activities, develop hobbys that would have little bearing on issues here or be of interest to folks.

I do return for the commeradery of shared experiences. I like to be with folks who understand my weird quirks, that can understand where I've come from.

I love you guys. :) you have all been such an integral part of my healing...an anchor for my sanity, been a part of who I have developed into.

No matter where I go in life, I don't see ever not needing or loving you guys. Your all still 'family' to me.

I have thought about starting a thread about what's new in our lives, where we have arrived after a couple of decades post twi. Looking back at how far we have come since this is where my experiences now lay, but wonder if anyone has any interests in our lives outside of twi... I guess other than to point out how terribly wrong twi teachings were about life, God, people outside of the one true house hold.

I have considered starting up a meet up group for people recovering from spiritual abuse. I'm still thinking about it... Right now I've got a lot on my plate and can't handle much else. It will probably be at least a year, and I need to find some others who I can depend on to help with it. It is needed in this city.

I have considered starting up a meet up group for people recovering from spiritual abuse. I'm still thinking about it... Right now I've got a lot on my plate and can't handle much else. It will probably be at least a year, and I need to find some others who I can depend on to help with it. It is needed in this city.

Great....in time, it will all come together I believe.

Ok, had to spoof Wierwille.

GSC is still very relevant, even though the way international has lost relevancy. Before I left the way, I lurked here for several years. The information on this site helped peel layers of denial away, as I kept coming back and reading more. After leaving TWI, I decided to start posting what I had been exposed to from my time in the way corps, coordinating a department, and being on the cabinet for a very short stint. Even though much of what I posted is boring and corporate in nature, (almost as boring as Rosalie) I can only hope the contribution goes to expose the whited sepulcher the way international has become.

I think it's up to everyone to contribute if there is something to say. If not, do what you can to stay active and keep GSC going.

Wordwolf, I look forward to your posts.

Just want to thank you, OldSkool and many others, for the info you've posted here about the more recent version of TWI. I find it helpful for several reasons. People ask me whether TWI still exists and what their influence might still be. Info here helps me answer those questions.

Plus, just today I received a phone call from a former TWI person I knew long ago who recently read my Affinity for WIndows story at this site and would like to talk with me about it. Many thanks to Pawtucket for keeping it available.

I plan to post things again when the time is right for me.

Cheers,

Penworks