GreaseSpot Cafe

Why the parade of twi vice presidents?

skyrider

Rivenbark is Lucifer? By your command(Battlestar Gallattica humor)

• 2 years later...
On 3/13/2013 at 8:30 PM, OldSkool said:

Rosalie has been working on separating director responsibilities from officer responsibilities. Really, Wierwille was a$$ backwards for amassing all the responsibility in three positions. Up until Rosalie, director(formerly trustee) and officer responsibility were all handled by Prez. VP. and Sec/Treas. Rosalie explained her intentions to separate the roles several years ago at a cabinet meeting, where she had the region coordinators dialed in. She announced that she would do it a lot sooner than she has, so who knows why she has been going so slow.

What she told us was that the officers (Prez, VP, Sec/Treas) would handle the day to day business side of running TWI. The prez. would also have a seat on the BOD and remain a dual role. The board of dummies, on the other hand, would set the heart and direction TWI would take, but let the officers run it. Personally, I think she was getting too old to handle it all herself, though I doubt she has delegated any real authority with the titles.

When I was on the cabinet, the VPs and Sec/Treas were figure heads. They had a lot of responsibility, but no real authority w/o checking with Rosalie first.

Rosie, Rupp, and De Lisle are all on the BOD. Rosalie is both Prez and Chairman of the Board. Chairman Rosie. :rolleyes:/>

Mel Privette is Secretary Treasurer, and Tom Mullins is Vice President.

It's all insignificant. Rosalie still calls the shots, with Donna Martindale as her closet adviser. :knuddel:/>

Rosie knows nothing of how to delegate and manage effectively. She is the most inefficient, micro-manager I have seen.

The Vice President is generally the position of someone who does administrative work , its generally rotated from person to person, I don't know how much it has to do with personal disputes with the mighty Fox, but a least it seems that she's at least trying to keep the vice presidents in their place.

Recently Privitte was replaced with Lippold as VP and Brian M1ttl3r was ordained and is serving as the archbishop of Georgia. I also think one of the Lombardis was appointed to SecTres. 

I seriously don't know what the president does other than be a figurehead, but the VPs seems to be the mighty Fox's errand boy. It doesn't seem like a fun job, its a lot of work. 

3 hours ago, rubina said:

The Vice President is generally the position of someone who does administrative work , its generally rotated from person to person, I don't know how much it has to do with personal disputes with the mighty Fox, but a least it seems that she's at least trying to keep the vice presidents in their place.

Recently Privitte was replaced with Lippold as VP and Brian M1ttl3r was ordained and is serving as the archbishop of Georgia. I also think one of the Lombardis was appointed to SecTres. 

I seriously don't know what the president does other than be a figen urehead, but the VPs seems to be the mighty Fox's errand boy. It doesn't seem like a fun job, its a lot of 

How old is RR?  When she dies, who will lead TWI?

GVC, welcome back, long time no see.

1 hour ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

When she dies, who will lead TWI?

Hopefully, it will disintegrate entirely.  But what will happen to the assets?  Are its assets held by a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, trust, or what?  I know what they say in annual filing reports but I wonder if a little selective distribution or whittling of assets has taken place.  You can be sure that none of it will be coming the way of those who contributed (us lot!).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

How old is RR?  When she dies, who will lead TWI?

I don't know how old RR is. I would assume the President would take over after her. I'm not sure how smoothly the succession would go, it's possible that she is really training Vern and teaching him the ropes, but she does have a tendency to keep things to herself. 

6 hours ago, Twinky said:

Hopefully, it will disintegrate entirely.  But what will happen to the assets?  Are its assets held by a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, trust, or what? 

I also hope that it disintegrates, but I don't think that's likely. As we have seen with splinters many people leave the Way physically, but not mentally. As for assets, I have no clue who technically owns them. I would think that there has been a decent amount of depreciation as most of their most biggest assets were purchased during the Wierwille and Martindale eras and "stewardship" can only take you so far. 

In the UK, I'd expect that an organisation of this kind would have to distribute its assets to another organisation with similar aims (say, CFFM?  Yeah, right, that'll happen, LOL).  I simply cannot see that happening.

Rubina, the assets include: land; buildings (both on the land and perhaps elsewhere); cash; investments; equipment (that could be depreciated down to not much, or even nil) (even though it has a resale value, so if sold the price is part of the cash assets); goodwill; intellectual property.  (I would price the latter two at Nil.) 

The land and some of the buildings could be quite valuable: that in Ohio could be good farming land again, with associated buildings and machinery; and that in Gunnison could be a great holiday resort, and the farmland associated with that (yes, there is farmland!) could also be sold off for farming.  I don't see NK being the height of a residential (or industrial) building bonanza, but the "Log Cabin" (LCM's family home, that was built for visiting Corps) could be sold off as a stand-alone property and again could be worth a fair bit.  They can sell what they want, when they want, just needs to be at a "fair value" (ie, no flogging off to Rosalie for $20).

There was a lot of money in the bank.  DK how much now; used to be upwards of £65m.

10 hours ago, Twinky said:

GVC, welcome back, long time no see.

Hopefully, it will disintegrate entirely.  But what will happen to the assets?  Are its assets held by a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, trust, or what?  I know what they say in annual filing reports but I wonder if a little selective distribution or whittling of assets has taken place.  You can be sure that none of it will be coming the way of those who contributed (us lot!).

Twi IS a corporation. Most likely a 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation.

3 hours ago, waysider said:

There are specific laws that dictate how a non-profit organization must be dissolved.

AFAIK, RR is approaching her 80s, if she has not reached that mark yet. However, she no doubt has more than adequate health care, since she controls the purse strings of that $60+ million corporation.

3 hours ago, Twinky said:

In the UK, I'd expect that an organisation of this kind would have to distribute its assets to another organisation with similar aims (say, CFFM?  Yeah, right, that'll happen, LOL).  I simply cannot see that happening.

Rosalie will have a successor, I don't know if there will be more leadership struggles like there was with the previous successions. The fact is that many Wayers still believe that they are in God's chosen organization and they will continue to believe in the Way's ideology with or without Rosalie.

Even Heaven's Gate, of mass suicide fame, still has surviving members that believe their group's ideology.

http://www.heavensgate.com/

Thanks to the internet, many cults can be exposed and lose chances for recruitment and even have members (like me) be convinced that they are not the truth, but cults are persistent. I pray to God that the suffering that this cult has caused comes to an end, but I don't see it being dissolved as a serious possibility.  

8 hours ago, DogLover said:

I did an online search. Rosalie Rivenbark was born in March 1940, so she is now (in May 2020) 80 years old.

8 hours ago, waysider said:

I didn't know rattlesnakes could live that long.

According to one website -  “The average lifespan of a rattlesnake is 20 to 30 years in captivity. In the wild, the lifespan is less due to predation, disease or death by accident.”  

The allegorical implications of this informative tidbit are obvious. In the real world, the lifespan of a “rattlesnake” (aka cult leader) would be less due to having to deal with their fair share of trials and tribulations like everyone else. However, in way-world …I mean, in captivity – or rather, as a cult leader who  oversees the captivity of others – well…for some gosh-awful reason – these rattlesnakes tend to live a lot longer....d@mn mooches.

(note - original website link I posted for the quote did not work -so I'm adding a different one (    here  ) as a consolation prize :rolleyes: ...now how much would you pay for this post? But wait there's more  - want to know if a cult leader is evil or bad - i.e. a rattlesnake ? check out this link -    Dangerous Cult Leaders

Edited by T-Bone
revised definition of Snakebite: 1. a short extract from PFAL, chosen by the cult leader to suppress critical thinking. 2. An injury caused by the “bite” - common sign of a bite is the presence of “puncture wounds” on finances, boundaries, etc.

• 5 months later...