GreaseSpot Cafe

Isaiah 9:10 Christian Documentary

Eagle

The night of the September 11th, 2001 attacks, I had posted an article on the now off-the-web Christian site called Christian Heritage Online. Another organization holds that site now, but at that time the article that was poasted was called "An Act of War" and discussed in the article was the probability that we had lost our hedge of protection as a nation and the need for repentance. The way our nation had been on track, even then, did call for repentence as a nation so that we could have victory over the enemy through God Himself. At that time, I am not sure that I was posting on Greasespot or Ex-Way. I know that many of you here were around to see it.

The Isaiah 9:10 documentary goes into specific detail about America needing to turn away from what it does, namely shutting out God in public and private institutions and much, much, more. It is recommended that everyone buy it. It isn't expensive. I'll tried attaching my old article on this forum for you to read, but can't. I'll post it below:

AnAct of War - September 11, 2001

Today, Tuesday, September 11, 2001, our nation watched in disbelief as fourAmerican airliners were hijacked, two of them slamming into the Two Twin WorldTrade Towers in Lower Manhattan in New York, a third into the Pentagon buildingin Washington D.C., and a fourth into a rural area in Pennsylvania. The numberof dead is estimated to be in the thousands and will surpass the number killedin the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese on December 7, 1941.

The Japanese attacked with a Japanese military force against an Americanmilitary base. In those days, that was how wars were generallyfought...military against military sparing civilians. Today's attack was theopposite. The attackers left no name or insignia, used civilian aircraft withcivilian passengers, and flew the plane into two of the largest civilianbuildings in the nation. The only one that came close to a military hit was thePentagon, but this building is also filled with civilian workers. The Pentagon isnot a military base filled with soldiers who can strike back. It seems today'sattackers in this event did not have the honor of other soldiers around theworld, nor would they face them in battle. It seems they would prefer unarmedcivilians who cannot fight back.

Today's attack on U.S. soil will result in retribution against those whoplanned the attack. It is a shame that it happened on this day. It was chosenbecause of the anniversary of the Arab-Israeli peace accord some years back.The date of that anniversary was September 11th. Today's date is alsosignificant to some Christians who believe that this date was the true date ofthe birth of Christ, especially as propounded by Ernest Martin, Ph.D. The dategiven by him and accepted by many around the world was September 11, 3 B.C.What a tragedy to have this happen on this day of all days.

Should we take some lessons from the ancient Israel of the Bible. Perhapsour borders should be restricted after a given amount of time. Perhaps weshould follow through on wars we enter instead of half-finishing them. But mostof all, perhaps we should all repent for the sins of America and return to God,as many Christians have suggested. True, this was not American's fault. But dowe really have God's ultimate protection as a nation that has in fact, prettymuch turned from God? Today, with one diseased plague after another and one warafter another, and an encroaching federal government, and a nation which bansGod in schools and seems to be ashamed of Jesus Christ, maybe, just maybe, weshould look at ourselves and how we think and behave. This may or may not haveprevented this tragedy, but it couldn't have hurt to try.

As a child, it seemed to me war would never make it to American soil. But Ialso never foresaw the day where God would be unwelcome in our publicinstitutions and we would be promoting evil in our system of government. Inever would believe that Jesus Christ would be seen as an enemy in this countryby so many people and institutions.

Of course, reactionary knee-jerk responses would make us worse as a peopleand harder to unite. Arab-Americans, such as Lebanese, Saudi's, Jordanians,Iranians, Pakistani's, and even Iraqi's are in this nation for a reason - to befree Americans. They want to worship and pursue a living in peace. They shouldnot be harassed or punished for this act for which they knew nothing about orhad anything to do with

Many are speaking that this is a sign of the end times. Perhaps they areright. But we will never know until the real big event happens - the return ofour Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. But until that time, we need to unite as apeople and ask God to help us. Damn the politics and damn the ACLU. We needGod. And we will stand together and fight this horrible thing that has comeupon us. We will pray for the victims of this horrible tragedy. We will prayfor their families and loved ones. We will pray that no one unjustly strikesout against innocent Arab-Americans. But above all, we shall pray for God'sguidance and wisdom.

And with prayer comes miracles. And with God comes victory.

Copyright Sept 2001

Christian Heritage Online

Eagle