GreaseSpot Cafe

a poodle or a rat?

excathedra

you have to read this

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ferret-poodle-argentina-125901615.html

and believe it or not, anyone who knows me, knows i told this "joke" for YEARS

while on vacation (i forget where now) this lady bought a chihuahua and was so excited to bring him him home to be the companion of her little fluffy. after a couple of days she couldn't find her fluffy. then she found some bones under the bed and she was mystified. she went to vet with the bones and her chihuahua and the vet said "madam, that is not a chihuaua, that is a RAT"

i swear to god

how would you know you, you, you cat whisperer ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahah

I used to know a kid at my primary school - had a polecat (a sort of large ferret) - used to walk round our village with it in a harness.

Keeping ferrets is (or was) in fact a popular occupation in the north of England.

And one of my clients is in a care home, nice place. The nurses / care workers were having a chat one day and one was telling about her pet rat(s). She can't keep a dog where she lives, but a small caged animal is okay. She said rats are as intelligent as dogs and less trouble. Her rats were housetrained to use a litter tray. Wahhhh!!!!

I think I'll stick with Tuxedo and Crypto. I'm pretty sure they're just scaredy cats.

I didn't know that, Waysider, but it definitely wasn't a skunk, nothing like it.

European polecat is something different, a critter a bit bigger than a ferret: Polecat

Both still mustelids, though not closely related.

OMG! The Killer Shrews! Saw that when I was 12. Made in '59 I think. One of the actors in it was Ken Curtis, who later played Festus on Gunsmoke. If one of those things barely nicked you you'd fall down dead in seconds. Just what a growing boy needs, eh?

I think ferrets are distant cousins of skunks.. or am I mistaken? They have the scent, and scent glands, just on the lighter side.

Now shrews. We had a cat once, that was quite proficient in catching them.. despite their claim of extreme quickness. I never saw how she did it.. but she always brought us the evidence. As a snack for family I think.

I think ferrets are distant cousins of skunks.. or am I mistaken? They have the scent, and scent glands, just on the lighter side.

Squirrel, as noted above, they're all mustelids and they vary in size from very tiny to nearly 8 foot long.

Rats are not mustelids. It's pretty hard to see how a rat and a dog could be confused. Even if the dog is small and the rat grossly overfed.

All are dangerous to squirrels. Watch out!!