GreaseSpot Cafe

50 states game

Twinky

Try this and see how well you know your US geography: 50 states

Of course, as you progress, the game gets easier.

I'm a Brit and I scored 82.35, with an average error of 58 miles. If you Americans can't beat that....

Yeah, tricky one that. Hawaii moved, too.

But apart from that, a fun game.

• 2 weeks later...

Twinky, I couldn't begin to place the sections of Britain on a map. In grade school I was taught Canadian provinces but that's it, internationally. Here's an interesting fact. The state of Wyoming ranks 9th in size, but 50th in population. Even Washington DC has more people in it than the entire state of Wyoming.

Johniam, as far as the parts of the UK are concerned, there are 4: Wales (to the West), England (to the East), Northern Ireland (as in Not In the mainland) and Scotland (the bit that's left - at the top).

There is a difference between "Great Britain" or "Britain" and "the United Kingdom":

Politically, Great Britain also refers to the island itself together with a number of surrounding islands, which constitute the territory of England, Scotland and Wales.[/url] All of the island is territory of the sovereign state of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and most of the United Kingdom's territory is in Great Britain. Most of England, Scotland, and Wales are on the island of Great Britain, as are their respective capital cities: London, Edinburgh, and Cardiff.

The kingdoms were united firstly England and Wales; then England (and Wales) and Scotland.

Europe is a different matter and some Brits hardly want to belong to Europe! But of course they do. What they don't want is to be part of greater Europe - the European Union. Which is a political creature that wants to be a super-state.

There are many countries in Europe and the other game will have you scratching your head a bit. Well - it had me scratching my head!

I find it interesting that most people in Europe and other countries (like Australia and New Zealand) have a fair idea where the states in the USA are, It is a pity that is not reciprocated by Americans. My friend in NZ did the 50 states game and came up with a result almost as good as yours, Johniam. A little bit better than my result, too. And he's never been to the USA!

Well done!

Now try that with the Europe game...that's hard.

• 2 weeks later...