GreaseSpot Cafe

WOW and LEAD trademarked by SOWERS?

JustThinking

I saw the name of an offshoot group called S.O.W.E.R.S. in another thread. I kind of, sort of remember hearing about them before. Probably here. They have almost completely cloned old Weirwille material including names like W.O.W. Ambassador. On their web site, they claim to have the trademark on that and several other TWI programs such as L.E.AD. Do they really own those trademarks? Did TWI lose them during the 80s or is just BS. Anyone know?

If it's been covered before, forgive me. I tried searching but nothing came up.

The guy running it is named Victor Wierwille (VW?) too! He's young though. Must be a grandchild?

JT

- Edited to add info about VW running it.

Edited by JustThinking

I didn't know about this, but it wouldn't surprise me.

What I'm sure happened was, they went out and filed the paperwork,

and it was accepted.

That's not the same as the paperwork being LEGAL.

Since the work that was trademarked was already well-known as the

"intellectual property" of another organization, and in use by them

for DECADES before this- AND THIS WAS WELL-KNOWN to them-

then anytime twi wants to, twi can sue the heck out of them for it.

The only way they legally can have obtained it otherwise is if they

are actively LICENSING the trademark from twi.

It seems to me that most people would consider "W.O.W. Ambassador" and "L.E.A.D." to be damaged goods as far as trademark value goes, but then I wasn't named "Victor Wierwille."

Love,

Steve

That's reasonable - if you are reasonable.:confused:/>

JT, it's the grandson reinventing his granpappy's pride and joy, ably assisted by henchmen trained by his granpappy. Reinvent? Read, carbon copy.

Ham hates SOWERS and has posted much information about their activities. Maybe you'd want to PM Ham.

I don't actually hate them. I just hate what they are doing, and what they represent..

:biglaugh:

Hate might be the wrong word.. dislike? Greatly?

Maybe. vp junior is actually a fairly intelligent wierwille.. maybe as intelligent as they can come.. finished one college degree with honors.. should have gone for two more, until pappy and mac said that's enough.. lets hit the Cult Road..

As far as lawsuits are concerned, I think twi is waiting until pressing a lawsuit actually offers the possibility of reaping some kind of monetary benefit..

I'm guessing here.

The land is owned by Mac. He probably "rents" it to the 501.C organization.. so does not stand the chance to lose the farm in any legal wrangling.

sowers net worth is probably less than $120,000.

Maybe in a modern austere economy.. mac ends up with a cellar of turnips, onions and carrots at the end of the growing season.. pretty much without paying wages..

the other over the hill gang, get to play God the rest of the time..

do whatever they want to do with "volunteers" and send them home, whenever it is expedient.. or something like that.

I don't actually hate them. I just hate what they are doing, and what they represent..

biglaugh.gif

The land is owned by Mac. He probably "rents" it to the 501.C organization.. so does not stand the chance to lose the farm in any legal wrangling. like that.

Isn't that up to the supreme court and the white house?

I.R.S is breathing down our necks! CUSSING.gif I mean we can't pee and help get noticed by the government. Oops, there I said it.

Anywhoo, I tried to go W.O.W. once, But, instead the corp got political, (I didn't) and tried to lead me by the hand to commit to that program: W.O.W.

I knew good people who went W.O.W and sold their souls out. I've never been one to follow them, mooner.gif

Edited by Human without the bean

In this thread, like in life, I owe a lot to ham and twinky. Thanks to both of you. It sounds like it isn't quite as solid as they imply. I'm SO shocked. :anim-smile:

Gee, maybe I will beg them to pick me next for their backwoods believing bonanza?! With my new GSC t-shirt from Twinky, I might just be spiritual enough. Maybe if I pray really hard, SIT much and, well, donate a ton of cash, they will see how awesomely cool and spiritual I really am? :lol:

JT

• 3 years later...
On 7/10/2013 at 7:14 PM, Ham said:

:biglaugh:

Hate might be the wrong word.. dislike? Greatly?

Maybe. vp junior is actually a fairly intelligent wierwille.. maybe as intelligent as they can come.. finished one college degree with honors.. should have gone for two more, until pappy and mac said that's enough.. lets hit the Cult Road..

As far as lawsuits are concerned, I think twi is waiting until pressing a lawsuit actually offers the possibility of reaping some kind of monetary benefit..

I'm guessing here.

The land is owned by Mac. He probably "rents" it to the 501.C organization.. so does not stand the chance to lose the farm in any legal wrangling.

sowers net worth is probably less than $120,000.

Maybe in a modern austere economy.. mac ends up with a cellar of turnips, onions and carrots at the end of the growing season.. pretty much without paying wages..

the other over the hill gang, get to play God the rest of the time..

do whatever they want to do with "volunteers" and send them home, whenever it is expedient.. or something like that.

Ham, I think they may be cloning another TWI.  The Original TWI was bad enough; I think SOWERS may be worse. I think it is worth keeping an eye on it.

On 7/10/2013 at 10:27 PM, Human without the bean said:

Isn't that up to the supreme court and the white house?

I.R.S is breathing down our necks! CUSSING.gif I mean we can't pee and help get noticed by the government. Oops, there I said it.

Anywhoo, I tried to go W.O.W. once, But, instead the corp got political, (I didn't) and tried to lead me by the hand to commit to that program: W.O.W.

I knew good people who went W.O.W and sold their souls out. I've never been one to follow them, mooner.gif

Bean, I went WOW once, and had a horrible year!!  I lost a lot of weight because I didn't have enough money to buy food.  Then my Area Leader got mad at me because I left when my year was up.  Some WOWs may have had good years, but most of us had terrible ones.