GreaseSpot Cafe

How could they be such idiots

Jim

After running my own business for the last 20 years, I have to ask, how could they be so stupid? Five senses-wise, back in the 70's they had everything. They had free labor, free advertising, a product that had a huge profit margin, no taxes, and a zealous workforce. A business owner's dream.

All they had to do was to keep their dicks in their pants, stop infighting and at least make a small effort to tell the truth, do the right thing and keep their stories straight.

I'm still speechless at the stupidity and arrogance.

• Upvote 2

After running my own business for the last 20 years, I have to ask, how could they be so stupid? Five senses-wise, back in the 70's they had everything. They had free labor, free advertising, a product that had a huge profit margin, no taxes, and a zealous workforce. A business owner's dream.

All they had to do was to keep their dicks in their pants, stop infighting and at least make a small effort to tell the truth, do the right thing and keep their stories straight.

Their biggest mistake was in trusting Wierwille to be the person he claimed to be and his message to be genuine. Wierwille knew it was a scam. That's why he understood how to work the system without getting caught. (IMO)

"Arrogance" is the operative word. At some point in his young life, Wierwille realized he was smart enough to get away with a lot of things. Subsequently he decided he was smarter than God and able to get away with anything. In doctrine and practice, that's what he taught his followers. Wierwille never raised up leaders. He surrounded himself with yes-men and women, who couldn't help but fail once Wierwille was dead.

Love,

Steve

P.S.- I agree with waysider...

Edited by Steve Lortz

Hmmm How can we expect them to keep "it" in their pants.....when part of the spoken doctrine among the higher-ups especially....was to do just the opposite? AND the women were taught they were supposed to bless the mogs.

There was no way keeping "it" in their pants would ever have been a viable thought!

Edited by krys

Kind of like they go hand in hand together, huh. Oh, and things have not changed by any means. I hear tell the current BOD has "over a hundred years of spiritual wisdom collectively" as stated by themselves.

What the heck is "spiritual" wisdom? Is it wisdom about spiritual matters? If so, I would have to say their track record suggests they're in the red.

What the heck is "spiritual" wisdom? Is it wisdom about spiritual matters? If so, I would have to say their track record suggests they're in the red.

That's one of those adjectives that you can add on to redefine the term where they don't appear as quite an extreme of a dumb-@$$.

quote: I hear tell the current BOD has "over a hundred years of spiritual wisdom collectively" as stated by themselves.

What? lol That is very laughable. Sometimes I'm watching a baseball game and the announcers will point out that maybe 3 of the players on one of the teams have a combined half century of major league service. So what? That's not going to guarantee any of them will get a clutch hit, but I guess it sounds impressive.

....'nother think.

If there is such a thing as spiritual wisdom, how does one "collect" it?

Let's say, for example, that a group of 100 individuals took a course on boat building a year ago. Do they now have 100 years of collective boat building acumen?

In PFAL Wierwille taught that there are two realms, the senses realm and the spiritual real, and that the laws of the spiritual realm supercede the laws of the physical realm. Therefore, if you know how to take advantage of the spiritual laws, you can make what you want to happen in the senses realm. That's what the advanced class was supposed to be all about.

Of course, it was all a bunch of baloney. The Bible does NOT teach that there are two separate realms. It got to the point where leaders could say something that didn't make any sense (like,"adultery is okay"), and if anybody raised any issues with it, the leaders would just say those people were not "spiritually" mature enough to understand.

TWI spiritual wisdom is simply BS.

Love,

Steve

"They"...

And that's right - it wasn't just VPW. Or LCM. But all those who colluded with them to cover up the misdeeds. Some or all of the original trustees. Some or all of their spouses. "Uncle" Howard has suffered accusations, at least here. Never heard anything about Irmal. Didn't their wives know or suspect anything - about their own husbands, at least?

Movin' on into the hippie free love era, somebody shoulda challenged VPW then. Maybe they did - and walked away - didn't expose the abuse.

Thing is though, it wasn't a "business owner" but a despot that was in charge.

And despots think they can do anything, governing solely by their own will and capriciousness. And usually impervious to criticism, conscience, and common sense.

how could they be so stupid?

I think because they ARE so stupid. Stupid is, stupid does..

Maybe I should clarify..

:biglaugh:

I have had a suspicion, that those allowed beyond the hallowed walls into the inner circle were forced to inhale a prescribed amount of airplane glue so as to pass the checkpoint.

probably multiple times.

They are no better than the "lowlife" living in a crack house..

if they could only partly behave themselves, be cool about it.. they could get away with murder, practically speaking.

But nooooo.. let's just live stupidity out loud in front of god and the world..

maybe that's another way of restating your original post..

:biglaugh:

They are no better than the "lowlife" living in a crack house..

if they could only partly behave themselves, be cool about it.. they could get away with murder, practically speaking.

But nooooo.. let's just live stupidity out loud in front of god and the world..

maybe that's another way of restating your original post..

:biglaugh:/>

Close enough.

I

I have had a suspicion, that those allowed beyond the hallowed walls into the inner circle were forced to inhale a prescribed amount of airplane glue so as to pass the checkpoint.

probably multiple times.

Yes, but it was "spiritual" airplane glue.

I can't believe it's not airplane glue.

If you're believing for it to be airplane glue then it MUST be airplane glue.

"Why...We'd have to change the laws of the universe for there to be any other result."

Edited by waysider