GreaseSpot Cafe

Calling a spade a spade....

Naten00

I have question.... Is it common for people who leave the way or any other organization like it to not be able to, have problems with or whatever to call out a false teacher or something like it?

I would say that anytime you consider your group's (whatever group it may be.) information base to be unique and elite,you are going to filter any new information through that knowledge base. This is a common problem with ex-Way people, in particular, when they attend non-Way sermons. Everything is viewed in light of whether or not it agrees with Way-based theology. I don't think, however, that The Way is alone in this sort of practice. In a sense, it's part of simple human nature to scrutinize the unknown in relation to the known.

I have question.... Is it common for people who leave the way or any other organization like it to not be able to, have problems with or whatever to call out a false teacher or something like it?

Part of it depends on what you mean by "call out".

TWI discouraged any kind of input whatsoever from the audiences at meetings. The leaders controlled the communication very tightly. The offshoots followed the same pattern.

I DID call out John Lynn at a coongregational meeting of about sixty people, and he turned it into a shouting match, then left.

CES had forums on their website, but they shut the forums down when people called their teachings into question.

So, yes, in that sense we were trained to NOT call out false teachers.

Love,

Steve

Something else to consider is the seventh session of PFAL, the one that deals with Eve being tricked by the serpent. According to Wierwille, Eve's first mistake was allowing herself to consider what the serpent was presenting. The lesson in this, Wierwille implied, was that we must never allow ourselves to give thoughtful consideration to viewpoints that might contradict "The Word" (read: Way Theology).....STAND!! Never allow yourself to be talked out of PFAL-centric doctrine.

It's no wonder Wayfers are so intellectually stubborn.

Edited by waysider

I am talking about being outside of the Way and to be offened by other people saying such and such tv preacher or what ever is teaching false doctrine and is so a false teacher... Leading people astray...

I haven't personally been offended by this.... I actually thought tv preacher and false doctrine went hand in hand for the most part. Like Benny Hinn talking people into being smacked in the head.

But I don't know if I go around calling people out for being false teachers either. I just choose to steer clear of them.

Why do you ask?

Edited by chockfull

I haven't personally been offended by this.... I actually thought tv preacher and false doctrine went hand in hand for the most part. Like Benny Hinn talking people into being smacked in the head.

But I don't know if I go around calling people out for being false teachers either. I just choose to steer clear of them.

Why do you ask?

I just have had personal experience from people who come out of the way feel bad or try not to say one person teaches "falsely"

I understand this. Well, at least I think so..

It's kind of like.. if one is a bank robber, one might go lightly and try to identify with or justify another persons behavior in strong-arming bank tellers and the like..

maybe a child abuser could "go easy" on a similar soul..

and unsuccessful or "busted" false prophets just might go easy on others of their kind..

maybe they are robbed of the intellectual freedom which just might allow them to point any kind of incriminating finger, since it points back at their own miserable selves..

What if, what if. You woke up one morning, and found EVERYTHING you ever believed, or hoped for, was just plain wrong..

so what happens..

the only thing I am looking, for, step by step is the next step..

if it isn't there, I am done for, so to speak..

the next step might bring me far, far north..

I'm at a cusp (or sharp edge) at the moment..

a cusp is a sharp edge.. it demands one to be on one side or the other.

What if, what if. You woke up one morning, and found EVERYTHING you ever believed, or hoped for, was just plain wrong..

so what happens..

the only thing I am looking, for, step by step is the next step..

if it isn't there, I am done for, so to speak..

the next step might bring me far, far north..

I'm at a cusp (or sharp edge) at the moment..

a cusp is a sharp edge.. it demands one to be on one side or the other.

I've found that no matter how good things are, there is always something to be anxious about.

And no matter how bad things are, there is always something to be thankful for.

As much as you can, look at the things you have to be thankful for, and choose to think the thoughts that will help you make it through one more day...

Love,

Steve

Something else to consider is the seventh session of PFAL, the one that deals with Eve being tricked by the serpent. According to Wierwille, Eve's first mistake was allowing herself to consider what the serpent was presenting. The lesson in this, Wierwille implied, was that we must never allow ourselves to give thoughtful consideration to viewpoints that might contradict "The Word" (read: Way Theology).....STAND!! Never allow yourself to be talked out of PFAL-centric doctrine.

It's no wonder Wayfers are so intellectually stubborn.

Yes, and it's no wonder it took some of us so long to break the "don't question VP" barrier and leave TWI. One thing VP was right about--fear is sand in the machinery of life. He sure knew how to muck up the "machinery" with his fear tactics. I've found that life is not really like a machine, though. It's a mystery.