GreaseSpot Cafe

CES/STFI Camp

Mom turns 86 this year (a month and a half from now). Her house is about 10 miles away from the camp and I'll be there in Indiana to help celebrate her birthday. I'll make it a point to drive by the camp and see what (if anything) is going on there. cool.gif

Edited by dmiller
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Well shucks - - - I made it back home just fine this early April (750 miles from Minney-soda to Indiana one way) and I drove right by the road to Camp (whatever it's called) several times while I was there. It was only after I'd driven by the road to it twice (on the way to and back from the Indy Airport to pick up my brother flying in for the birthday celebration) that I realized I didn't give a rip about what was happening back there in the hills at the CES/STFI (whatever) camp. For all I know - - they don't even own the property any more. Graeser got fired/ John L seems to be living in Indy/ and John Schoenheit seems to MIA (these days).

Excie - - thanks for the well wishes for Mom's birthday. It was her second one since Dad died, and it still "wears on her" that he isn't there on "her day", but she's getting used to it now days and we (her kids) do all we can to make it easier for her knowing how hard it must be for her to not have Dad there after 61 years of togetherness. We (the three kids she has left) took her out to dinner at a place called the Scenic Cafe near Lake Monroe (biggest lake in Indiana and just 5 or so miles from her house). It's a spot she likes and after dinner, we drove a bit further down the road where John Mellancamp (Johnny Cougar Mellancamp) has a house on the lake. She likes to "shake her fist" verbally and physically at him (and the house he owns) because he was the commencement speaker at IU once, and he told the graduates that college was a waste of time. She never forgave him for that!!

We gave her other gifts for "her day", besides the chance to cuss out John Mellencamp! biglaugh.gif

Edited by dmiller