GreaseSpot Cafe

Time Ran Out on Wierwille

skyrider

The PFAL '77 class was supposedly destined to replace the older version.....and it didn't happen. At age 60, wierwille had the machinery in place to enhance his legacy; he just didn't have the right foundation.

IMO, wierwille was strong-arming the corps directors to push corps commitment levels to absurd lengths of loyalty. Really? He wanted us to jump every time he commanded it so. Screw that! That's NOT what my bible says. Yet, the corps coordinators were enabling this abuse by brown-nosing the wierwille agenda.

When you really think about it....."How many years did the wierwille-hype sustain any level of enthusiasm?" Seven, eight at most [1975-1983]. That's it. For all the messaging of how great things were and/or the impact of wierwille's legacy.....IT WAS VERY SHORT LIVED AND MANUFACTURED, AT BEST. But then, wierwille knew that he was up against the clock. He had spent decades nursing his narcissism. His corps program was to be the industrious instructors that carry his legacy into the future. He had those seven maple trees planted to the south of the Wierwille home for a specific purpose, a private cemetery and resting place.

Yet, the corps began abandoning him......and he called them out for it. "Cop-outs" he thundered time and time again. It irritated him to no end that they balked at this twi-servitude lifestyle. Why can't they stay faithful? The manipulation was no longer working and more drastic measures were needed. The most deadly weapon in his arsenal was the microphone from which he hurled *devil-possessed* epithets. Time was running out. And, wierwille could not stand having a stampede heading for the exits. And, it worked. NO ONE called him on it. Not Don, not Howard, not Walter, not Vince, not JohnLynn, not Duke.......the tyranny ensued.

But by then, it was only a matter of time. And, that was something wierwille didn't have.

Shorty, very shortly, after wierwille's death the stampede took place. The corps were quickly dispersing to the four corners of the earth.....back into society, career paths, planning to regain ground from years lost. Why is it that of the 2,800 (+/-) graduated corps, so few ever publically recant the wierwille hypocrisy machine? Well....imo, the whole thing is quite embarrassing actually. Few want to be associated with its scam and demise. Besides, its just MORE TIME one would spend that was squandered needlessly following wierwille's visionary debacles, time that is sacred and scarce.

Sure....you'll have the cheerleading wierwille-apologists talk pfal attributes.

But.....you sure as he!! won't find many who champion the corps indoctrination.

Edited by skyrider

"But.....you sure as he!! won't find many who champion the corps indoctrination."

There actually ARE graduates of FellowLaborers who champion the indoctrination of that particular program. They have their own (closed group) facebook page.

As if we learned some profound life-lessons as we watched the mung bean sprouts take form on the commune windowsills, priceless wisdom being imparted at the Wednesday night azz munching sessions..

Sad...Really sad.

Edited by waysider

"But.....you sure as he!! won't find many who champion the corps indoctrination."

There actually ARE graduates of FellowLaborers who champion the indoctrination of that particular program. They have their own (closed group) facebook page.

Although there is an exclusive corps website, I've been told that it is taboo to discuss

corps experiences or the corps program.

I cannot give firsthand information on this, because I have no intentions of checking it out.

Some go there to find *corps friends* so I hear, but its not much of a hangout and certainly

doesn't champion the corps indoctrination. If anything, some laugh at the things we did.

Those who exited early are the ones getting the last laugh.

I vaguely recall hearing something about the various ex-twi groups

(read that ces/stfi) briefly tried using one ex-corps site or something

as a recruitment ground. I didn't hear anything about it after that,

so I imagine it wasn't as successful as they'd hoped. Then again,

some of them tried to use the GSC as one as well and that didn't

go so well for them, either.

My "favorite" recruitment strategy was years ago on a messageboard

for Christians completely unrelated to anything ex-twi.

A ces/stfi staffer arrived. With his first post, he said something

to the effect of

"Hello, fellow Christians.

I've found this Christian website just now that seems different.

Can you look it over and tell me what you think?"

And posted a link to his group's website.

I responded immediately, greeting him by name, and pointing out

how a more honest invitation might have looked, and asked if

he thought Jesus would approve of intentionally deceiving

Christians. He apparently headed off to greener pastures in

cyberspace because I never saw him post there again.

He did try another commercial HERE after that, but not there.

But, really, IMHO, the twi and EX-twi communities, IMHO, are in

a zero-sum game at best. When one group gets more members, it's

because another one LOST members and they switched groups.

With places like the GSC in operation, it's a lot easier to see

the groups unable to get new, young people like the hippies

vpw hijacked. So, the entire phenomenon overall is shrinking

every year as fewer people join than die off of old age or

actually leave the whole thing. I think it will not reach zero

people entirely for maybe another 30-40 years, but as it is now,

all together they're one tiny thing that will only continue to

get tinier because others can offer what they have, only better.

But, really, IMHO, the twi and EX-twi communities, IMHO, are in

a zero-sum game at best. When one group gets more members, it's

because another one LOST members and they switched groups.

And.......the grey-haired crowd, nursing nostalgia of the twi daze,

are the ones who have no where else to go. They've spent the majority

of their lives in this isolated commune with its own cult language and

skewed traditions. They comfort one another trapped in this snare.

Time may not have run out on them yet.....but it's sure passing them by.

These groups generally allow the long-standing folk "teach" every so often

and, it must, add some sort of relevance to staying involved. Or....bringing

forth a "word of prophesy" (heh, heh). Vanity is one of the seductions that

Solomon warned in his writings.

I've been told that it is taboo to discuss corps experiences or the corps program.

I've visited the FLO site and can tell you that is the case for that site. Unless, of course, you want to reminisce about singing Kumbaya around the fire circle or affirm how blessed you are to know how to make your own bean sprouts.