GreaseSpot Cafe

'Speaking The Word' copyrights

skyrider

Twi's claims to exclusive 'Speaking The Word' copyrights were greatly exaggerated.

Churches everywhere claim the same. Small churches, large churches and revivalists alike make this claim. Even Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson is contemplating leaving A&E so he can more freely SPEAK THE WORD. What wierwille claimed to do....hundreds upon hundreds, before and after, claim the same. Obviously, of course, twi's claim was the wierwille version. Whatever wierwille authored, or taught, or publicized.....THAT was 'the Word." See, the marketing behind the book or tape or magazine is CLAIM IT and PROCLAIM IT.

PT Barnum knew this well. He claimed to present "The Greatest Show on Earth."

Remember hearing wierwille boast of having the largest tent on twi-property at the roa? Yeah, I do too. With wierwille, BIG was better and BIGGEST was best. Perhaps, he didn't really get the message of the gospels. Perhaps, he didn't read the Gospel of John where accounts of Jesus ministering the Word ONE-ON-ONE is highlighted time and time again. Nor did he find any record of Jesus boasting of the thousands who'd gathered to hear him teach.

To this day....I still believe most in twi have fallen prey to a cult of personality, the wierwille mystique. How many still hear THE VOICE OF WIERWILLE proclaiming to speak the word. Some of us, having sat in pfal classes 25-40 times.....etches the indoctrination deeply into the brain cells, doesn't it? Classes, teachings, tapes......we sat in that indoctrinational-meditation pose for years on end.

Thus, some find profit in dismantling wierwille doctrine.

Some see a need to stay away from the KJV altogether.

Some jumped ship and found a 'lifesaver' splinter group

Some tend to want to keep their distance from anything twi-ish.

And....pursue career, goals, hobbies, interests.

Maybe, the 'copyright' of truth is exclusively owned by the Lord Almighty.

He, and He alone, will teach you and guide you in the pathway of Life.

To this day....I still believe most in twi have fallen prey to a cult of personality, the wierwille mystique. How many still hear THE VOICE OF WIERWILLE proclaiming to speak the word. Some of us, having sat in pfal classes 25-40 times.....etches the indoctrination deeply into the brain cells, doesn't it? Classes, teachings, tapes......we sat in that indoctrinational-meditation pose for years on end.

Thus, some find profit in dismantling wierwille doctrine.

Some see a need to stay away from the KJV altogether.

Some jumped ship and found a 'lifesaver' splinter group

Some tend to want to keep their distance from anything twi-ish.

And....pursue career, goals, hobbies, interests.

We probably all fell prey to Wierwille's personality. But I no longer hear his voice in my head and haven't for at least two decades.

Your reflections about "Thus, some find profit..." etc. seem to be TWI-centric.

Some just move on with their lives as they see fit. That's what self-determination is about anyway, isn't it?

When I was in college there used to be a group of people that would stand on the cement benches outside of the common areas and scream at people, basically from an outsider perspective it seemed like their intent was to convict people of sin, then break them down so they would listen to them. They were from a group called "The Door".

Now I know fire and brimstone approaches are nothing unique, but sometimes when people get all hepped up on "Speaking the Word - TM" I kind of think that a lot of what I have seen is people prepping themselves to spew a viewpoint at another individual, with no regard for their viewpoints. Along with the standard knocking on doors and accosting people in malls, to try to sell them a class or membership in a group that had no members. I see so much what I term "forced witnessing" among so many groups - the most notable of course are the Mormon and Jehovah Witness 2x2 groups with the church leader casing the neighborhood first. I can kind of tell now whether they are magazine sales leaders or JW church leaders now seeing them casing the neighborhood. The magazine sales leaders all have kids that look homeless gathered around. The JW's look kind of beat up. The Mormons are just their mission kids, out on their own with bicycles, white short sleeve button downs, and clip-on tie selection.

Isn't "speaking the Word" just Christian fellowship or fellowship between Christians and others where spiritual topics like God, Jesus Christ, life, the Bible, etc. are discussed? Aren't we doing it here? Don't we do it every day of our lives where we think about God, live scriptures, and just talk to people? People used to ask me in TWI "did you witness to that person?" if we were out, and issue various challenges.

I think TWI not only does not have exclusive copyrights to "Speaking the Word", I think that they have a deluded self-centered concept of that which is nowhere close to that which God intended in the Bible.