GreaseSpot Cafe

What kind of leader......

skyrider

What kind of leader wants a corps more loyalty to himself than to the scriptures? And why?

These were two questions that I pondered over and over during my in-residence corps training. Yeah, disciplined training to persevere thru tough situations.....I get that. But this loyalty to man? to jump and not ask how high? blind loyalty? The corps training, to me, was like jamming a square peg into a round hole. It didn't work....until you shaved off all the corners as a lathe machines wood. Buffeting persisted until one quit resisting.

As a farm kid, the cloning of the corps never made any sense to me. Logical or otherwise. What was I missing? Was there some hidden spiritual awareness just around the bend? Will our unconditional "loyalty" to wierwille be instrumental in understanding how to be a doulos [slave] to the Lord? Sure, twi taught that.....but I didn't see it in the scriptures. Where were those blind loyalists to the Apostle Paul? Heck, one of those guys, Barnabus or Silas, left Paul in a huff and STILL was spotlighted as very influential in the Book of Acts. So, why do I have to be cloned to wierwille's liking??? Ain't buying it one bit!!

Amazingly, I graduated without displaying too much dissent. Close though.

So, what kind of leader demands this loyalty OVER AND ABOVE the letter of The Law, God's Holy Writ?

1) A self-serving cult leader?

2) A narcissistic sociopath?

3) A lazy, deviant con artist?

4) All of the above?

Several times, I nearly left the corps program. The endless meetings? The 4:30am runs to get aerobic points? The filling out reports? Excessive volunteering to exhibit my willingness to learn and grow? Learning the memory pegs and reading Dale Carnegie books? Taking pfal AGAIN for the 20th time? YET....I still didn't understand why they wanted to clone us????

A few exceptions were allowed, sure. Like 8% or so. Some musicians.....some who'd teach us Greek or survival skills. Some favored, because of their money or parents......but the vast majority of us were in this big, cloning factory with no recognizable past, skill sets, or features. We were herded and processed out. The next group would be shipped in soon.

I should have left by Christmas my first year.....but I wasn't a quitter. I had never quit anything. Something's just not right, though. I could see it. I could sense it. And then, I'd doubt myself of what I perceived. No one around me was packing and leaving in the middle of the night.....oh, a few that I didn't know but was told that they'd had 'sponsor/money' problems. The monitoring was intense. If your mood was wrong, then you'd be called aside. Or late? That's a quick red flag.....someone came looking for you.

What if I needed or wanted some ALONE TIME with the Lord that day? Was THAT available? In a word, no. It wasn't. My corps twig coordinator told me that this was a time of training. Every meeting, every event was in preparation for being 'the best.'

At the end of those four years of corps training.....I STILL DIDN'T BELIEVE that I needed to be strictly loyal to wierwille. I detested the cloning, I loathed the hypocrisy.....and was indifferent to the corps training. Had it made me a better man? Not really. Growing up on a farm with older brothers, playing sports and hunting pheasants and rabbits had instilled a discipline and perseverance that scoffed at the ridiculous corps "training."

And, I still found many of the best people in twi were NOT corps.

Why did wierwille demand such loyalty? Because he was a demented, ego-driven dicktator.

And.....every time wierwille came to the Emporia campus, the fanfare began. Oftentimes, in warm weather, the corps coordinators instructed us to line both sides of the circle drive as wierwille's motorcoach slowly made its way to Kenyon Hall, the high point of circle drive. Like youth-crazed fans elated that the pop star had arrived, the crowd was driven to get a glimpse or "touch the hem of his garment" mentality.

Then, with the *man of God* on campus, the corps program schedule and activities were at wierwille's beckon call. If he had 'something on his heart' to share......then, a meeting was arranged ASAP. And, bratwurst and sauerkraut would be served, because THAT was wierwille's favorite.

After some late night meeting.....if wierwille wanted a PAJAMA PARTY in the top floor Wierwille Library, then we had 20 minutes to get to our dorms and return in pajamas and bathrobes. So, we'd sit for another hour and a half while wierwille could sip his Drambuie and talk about the wierwille history or how he built his ministry.

What kind of leader calls for pajama parties?

What kind of leader likes youth-crazed fanfare?

What kind of leader sips Drambuie at a 'Christian campus?'

I know, I know.....it was SO obvious. I should have left.

Sometimes it seems so surreal I catch myself wondering if it was just a dream.

Yeah.....like the time when the Emporia Campus Dorm Change Assignments were marshaled in. Yep....mid-February and the corps were instructed, a few days ahead, that moving dorm rooms was on the schedule. Problem was....heavy, blowing snowstorm was approaching and would like hit THAT DAY.

Did the corps coordinators change or alter the moving day? Nope. See, it was GOOD to endure the challenge. It would flush out the weak, bickering, whiny ones....and open the doors for verbal lashings at the end of the day. See, with twi leaders, there was ALWAYS A WAY to flip the messaging to their advantage. One could argue that it only made common sense to wait a day or two on moving, but NO.....that would be the logical decision, NOT the spiritual one. Quit thinking "logical" and trust your corps leadership.

Oh.....and this will be a TWIG move. Your corps twig is your unit. You are not done until everyone in your twig is moved fully into their new dorm room. So, the collective is responsible for everyone's PERSONAL stuff....get it? Got it. In six-eight inch snow, and blowing snow....we carried boxes, and clothes, and lamps, and books to each of our corps twig's new dorm room.

See? Obedience is the highest form of learning. :anim-smile:

Like when Gary D. died and Wierwille used the incident to teach that disobedience to the MOG could result in death?

Like when two corps hitchhikers were on their way to LEAD....and a truck driver

pulled over to give the guy and girl a ride. Well, the girl anyway.

The truck driver threatened the guy and he backed down. The girl he took away

and raped her over and over.

See? The corps guy is NEVER supposed to leave his hitchhiking partner.

What kind of "leader", upon learning of the deadly aspects of LEAD, wouldn't call for an immediate halt to the program?

Could it be the same kind of leader who, after hearing a depondant young lady express thoughts of suicide, responded by saying, "Take off your clothes. I'll show you what's good about being alive."?

Edited by waysider

Yeah.....like the time when the Emporia Campus Dorm Change Assignments were marshaled in. Yep....mid-February and the corps were instructed, a few days ahead, that moving dorm rooms was on the schedule. Problem was....heavy, blowing snowstorm was approaching and would like hit THAT DAY.

Did the corps coordinators change or alter the moving day? Nope. See, it was GOOD to endure the challenge. It would flush out the weak, bickering, whiny ones....and open the doors for verbal lashings at the end of the day. See, with twi leaders, there was ALWAYS A WAY to flip the messaging to their advantage. One could argue that it only made common sense to wait a day or two on moving, but NO.....that would be the logical decision, NOT the spiritual one. Quit thinking "logical" and trust your corps leadership.

Oh.....and this will be a TWIG move. Your corps twig is your unit. You are not done until everyone in your twig is moved fully into their new dorm room. So, the collective is responsible for everyone's PERSONAL stuff....get it? Got it. In six-eight inch snow, and blowing snow....we carried boxes, and clothes, and lamps, and books to each of our corps twig's new dorm room.

See? Obedience is the highest form of learning. :anim-smile:/>

Slogans like how spiritual knowledge supersedes the natural world, intellect and common sense.

So, ignore the natural world and the blowing snow-the "spiritual knowledge" is that you act now!

Then, when disasters strike and people get frostbite and snow-blindness and other stuff,

it's all your fault because you failed to believe sufficiently to deflect the natural consequences

of following the stupid instructions. twi won either way, so long as they could use

SOMETHING as a bludgeon to get you all to obey, whether it made sense or not.

Why was wierwille and co. ALWAYS using the physical elements to "teach"

about the spiritual realm? Why did we have to climb rocks to believe God?

Why did we have to move in a snowstorm to be challenged and/or trust others?

Did we really have to string chairs to learn attention to detail?

Why couldn't we simply learn the spiritual realm BY FOLLOWING WIERWILLE'S LEAD

....ie healing the sick, casting out spirits, demonstrating God's power?

Oh, wait....that would mean that our dear leader HAD TO WALK THE TALK, not hide

behind illusions of power, rewritten history or pontificating podiums. Silly me.

Come to think of it.....I was in a corps training designed by a man who didn't have

the understanding to research the correct lighting techniques for pfal filming and

had done considerable damage to his eyes in the process. Was that believing or

the consequences of ill-fated passion that finally caught up to him?

Climb rocks to learn believing? :biglaugh:

• Upvote 1

Why was wierwille and co. ALWAYS using the physical elements to "teach"

about the spiritual realm? Why did we have to climb rocks to believe God?

Why did we have to move in a snowstorm to be challenged and/or trust others?

Did we really have to string chairs to learn attention to detail?

Why couldn't we simply learn the spiritual realm BY FOLLOWING WIERWILLE'S LEAD

Oh, wait....that would mean that our dear leader HAD TO WALK THE TALK, not hide

behind illusions of power, rewritten history or pontificating podiums. Silly me.

Come to think of it.....I was in a corps training designed by a man who didn't have

the understanding to research the correct lighting techniques for pfal filming and

had done considerable damage to his eyes in the process. Was that believing or

the consequences of ill-fated passion that finally caught up to him?

Climb rocks to learn believing? :biglaugh:/>

He had to rush the filming because the furniture for the set was "stolen."

vpw had told the company he wanted the furniture. So, he took the furniture.

Then they took the furniture directly to the set, filmed the sessions,

then took the furniture back to the company and said he changed his mind,

and now wants his money back.

He deceived the furniture store, and robbed them of their proper income

by obtaining a service from them and refusing to pay for it.

Has it occurred to anyone else that no one can do what Wierwille did while actually believing in the God he purported to worship?

It has,

but in twi, they say to even THINK about that is "thinking evil."

One is not allowed to think in ways not specifically approved by twi,

especially when they would result in a negative performance evaluation

of twi by the thinker.

I'm sure they still teach that one of Eve's biggest mistakes was to CONSIDER.

THINKING is, de facto, a crime in twi.

Why couldn't we simply learn the spiritual realm BY FOLLOWING WIERWILLE'S LEAD [or the lead of any of the other higher-ups]

:biglaugh:/>:biglaugh:/>:biglaugh:/> :confused:/> :evilshades:/>

:biglaugh:/>/>:biglaugh:/>/>:biglaugh:/>/> :confused:/>/> :evilshades:/>/>

Yeah......add a few of these too. :asdf:

Knock yourselves out twiers......while you're at it. The vultures are feeding

off your deadbrain circular logic. PFAL led you around in a circle....and

you can't figure out how to get out of the desert.

Those corps who lead you were "trained" to OBEY.....so is it any wonder

that you, too, find the alpha and omega of your life circling in the desert

of THEIR OBEDIENCE to twi. Here's the dirty little secret: They were never

trained to lead you out, because they don't know it themselves.

I could post another 10 examples of twi's corps "training"......but if a man

wants to stay ignorant, then what's the use? And, if you locked away that

pfal lie of "Eve considered and that was her downfall"....then you'll never

get off the bench, let alone up to bat.

For some of us with open eyes, we went to the 'movie:' Wierwille EXposed.....

it featured the corps program. I saw it with my own two eyes.

IMO.....the corps program is destitute of truth. Every teaching,

every exercise is designed to get you to submit. Group meals,

group dorm rooms, groupthink......it breaks the will of most and

re-molds the thought processes towards a collective twi.

Everything from meetings, to work schedules to pajama parties....

why couldn't we have some freaking time to ourselves???

Come to think about it......wierwille gave us PAJAMA BOY

before the U.S. government advertised it.

Pajama Boy

And.....every time wierwille came to the Emporia campus, the fanfare began. Oftentimes, in warm weather, the corps coordinators instructed us to line both sides of the circle drive as wierwille's motorcoach slowly made its way to Kenyon Hall, the high point of circle drive. Like youth-crazed fans elated that the pop star had arrived, the crowd was driven to get a glimpse or "touch the hem of his garment" mentality.

Then, with the *man of God* on campus, the corps program schedule and activities were at wierwille's beckon call. If he had 'something on his heart' to share......then, a meeting was arranged ASAP. And, bratwurst and sauerkraut would be served, because THAT was wierwille's favorite.

After some late night meeting.....if wierwille wanted a PAJAMA PARTY in the top floor Wierwille Library, then we had 20 minutes to get to our dorms and return in pajamas and bathrobes. So, we'd sit for another hour and a half while wierwille could sip his Drambuie and talk about the wierwille history or how he built his ministry.

What kind of leader calls for pajama parties?

What kind of leader likes youth-crazed fanfare?

What kind of leader sips Drambuie at a 'Christian campus?'

I know, I know.....it was SO obvious. I should have left.

I remember one time we all had to wear red shirts and stand as a group in the shape of a heart so he could see us when Ambassador One flew over. Wonder if he even looked.

I remember when each twig had to make him a Christmas card and I stayed up until the wee mornings to make our twig's card. I wonder if he even looked at it. (oh, and by the way, I was reproved by Divine Design for using their markers).

Actually probably THE most malicious thing done by TWI, Wierwille and successors is that they USURPED SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY. God did not place any of those people "over" us. Christians were set free in Christ, they don't need another taskmaster exploiting them. Bit by bit they changed genuine Christian hearts and service to God into minions to carry out their selfish whims. These selfish whims for Wierwille included many common vices - sex, alcohol, smokes. Wierwille's conscience was so seared with a hot iron on the sex topic that he thought he was healing someone by committing adultery, and fired a guy for writing up a word study on "adultery". Then he trained up his successor (who said "how high" when he said "jump" as an example to all) to basically go from a prudish sexual Baptist background to basically an out of control pig acting like a sex addict and a lunatic. That doctrine was practiced and taught at the inner circle level, as confirmed by Ralph Dubovsky's audio sessions. After that, the 3rd president doesn't have those problems (as she 'bats for the other team' from reports), but lusts after control. The power of micromanagement and "being in control" is her vice, to the detriment of all around her. She's a liar, supposed to sit in the Pres position for 5 years, but can't give up that lust for control even though she is well past retirement age (where they forced Howard Allen to retire at a certain age). And all 3 of them, once anyone showed ONE IOTA of questioning their actions with scriptures, IMMEDIATELY would excommunicate, shun, and blackball people (involving slander and libel), sending people out into the wilderness with the sins of the nation on them (the true definition of scapegoat).

However, the one thing they are most malicious about is the easiest thing to correct. All you need to do is recognize that these people do NOT have God's authority in their political positions of power OVER YOU and renounce that power. They have no authority from God to direct me or my family in any circumstance. They have forfeited that authority due to the fruit in their lives, their sin out in the open, their abuse of God's people, their spiritual blindness, their hard hearts in which they have lied about and slandered God's people.

And I refuse to act like a victim any longer, refuse to let them frame my spirituality with their slander, refuse to listen to the false prophets and teachers who serve their own belly rather than God. I'm not afraid of them and if they get up in my face I'll call them a whited sepulcher just like Jesus did.

What kind of leader? False prophets and false teachers, and false apostles. Don't listen to them.

After that, the 3rd president doesn't have those problems (as she 'bats for the other team' from reports), but lusts after control. The power of micromanagement and "being in control" is her vice, to the detriment of all around her. She's a liar, supposed to sit in the Pres position for 5 years, but can't give up that lust for control even though she is well past retirement age....

And.....desperate to flee her past and CONTROL HER OWN FUTURE.

Rosalie F. Shumate

I remember one time we all had to wear red shirts and stand as a group in the shape of a heart so he could see us when Ambassador One flew over. Wonder if he even looked.

I remember when each twig had to make him a Christmas card and I stayed up until the wee mornings to make our twig's card. I wonder if he even looked at it. (oh, and by the way, I was reproved by Divine Design for using their markers).

I had to make one for CM. I spent weeks on it and had to change the design 3 times when they didn't like it. I actually got yelled at a few times. At a fellowship they reavealed the card they were going to use - a traced clip art picture of a boat a lady did. No one told me they weren't going to use mine. It was hard not to cry during the meeting. I think I was twelve at the time?

I had to make one for CM. I spent weeks on it and had to change the design 3 times when they didn't like it. I actually got yelled at a few times. At a fellowship they reavealed the card they were going to use - a traced clip art picture of a boat a lady did. No one told me they weren't going to use mine. It was hard not to cry during the meeting. I think I was twelve at the time?

Reminds me of one more thing to regret - all the time completely wasted on making Cap'n D0uch3t@stic cards. I remember they used to give us guidance for time spent on weekly schedules - like you could spend so long on making cards for people - like an hour. But for LCM it was like 3 hours or something like that. People would dream up sht to have more and more elaborate gifts and cards. "Well this one is made out of engraved silver threads". Etc. Vomit.

It's hard not to cry now thinking about it.

I had to make one for CM. I spent weeks on it and had to change the design 3 times when they didn't like it. I actually got yelled at a few times. At a fellowship they revealed the card they were going to use - a traced clip art picture of a boat a lady did. No one told me they weren't going to use mine. It was hard not to cry during the meeting. I think I was twelve at the time?

That's just plain mean, Nero. Your efforts should have been valued and appreciated for the "heart" you put into it.

But then, you need "heart" yourself to see how much heart someone else invests.

Edited by Twinky

• 3 years later...
On 1/15/2014 at 10:08 AM, skyrider said:

Like when two corps hitchhikers were on their way to LEAD....and a truck driver

pulled over to give the guy and girl a ride. Well, the girl anyway.

The truck driver threatened the guy and he backed down. The girl he took away

and raped her over and over.

See? The corps guy is NEVER supposed to leave his hitchhiking partner.

Sky, now you know why hitchhiking is illegal.  I feel for those two young people; VPW should never have encouraged anyone to do anything like that!  Jerk!!

On 1/15/2014 at 9:56 AM, waysider said:

"See? Obedience is the highest form of learning. :anim-smile:"

Like when Gary D. died and Wierwille used the incident to teach that disobedience to the MOG could result in death?

Way, he had the nerve to say that after that young man died??!! How cruel, and evil VPW was.  I know he has been dead for decades, but I still want to slap his face, for saying such terrible things about people who died way too soon!  The man lacked compassion, and tact, among other things.