GreaseSpot Cafe

The Delusional Legacy of Wierwille

skyrider

My interests in re-examining The Delusional Legacy of Wierwille is to illustrate two things:

1) Wierwille was fixated on grandiose, delusions of self-importance and self-love

2) Twi Bureaucracy and machinery were the enablers of this delusion.....and still are

Remember this? The Week Wierwille's Wagon Wheels Wobbled

I personally knew one person given the responsibility of working on Wierwille's family history, and he was part of a team. Now was that a wise use of Abundant Sharing money or what?

Remember them reading A Day with the Wierwille's at Corps week?. They made thousands of us sit for hours in a tent and listen to a time when the Wierwille's all got together as a family and played in the snow at Gunnison. People, some with small kids, drove thousands of miles, spent days on the road, spent hundreds of dollars, sacrificed vacations, quit jobs etc. to sit around on a farm in humid Ohio and hear about VP meeting with his family. (Well, at least there were pictures.) If you were there, do you remember the great concluding statement, the great point of the whole story? Go get your barf bucket and I'll remind you. It was this: "If the Wierwille family does not stand together on The Word, the Word of God will not live in our day and time." Yessir, that was it! Our job as Corps was to take care of the Wierwille family. Not to herald the Word of God, but to take care of a "bless-ed holy family". That was the only way the Word was going to live, at least that was the implication. I was headed into my final year in residence then. I vividly remember walking across that bridge on Wierwille Rd. and being heartbroken. I couldn't believe what I'd just heard. There was no question it was a lie. But I was Corps which meant I believed VP was the Man of God which meant he didn't lie. I know now that I was starting to see that there was a serious flaw in the whole thing. I sort of just put the thing on the back burner. No one talked about it. At least not where I was present.

Meanwhile, everyone else's family line was completely irrelevant.

Click Here - earthly family......another twi-derogatory-sucker-punch

Yeah.....in August 1982, the 40th Anniversary year......the culmination of all that wierwille achieved and THE LEGACY HE WAS BUILDING was paraded across the main stage for all to see. And, what was wierwille living for? What was wierwille's grand legacy? The Wierwille Family MUST stand together on da verd......otherwise, this "verd of god" will not live in our day and time. Period. And further, wierwille "prophesies" that his grandson, Luke S0merville, will be the one who is spiritually groomed to be the third president of the way international.

Imagine all the implications surrounding this. The extended family of wierwille was flown in from many parts of the country for this week....many of whom had little commitment to the nucleus of wierwille's ministry and MUCH LESS to his "prophesies." Months of planning, special attention, special seating, grandchildren dressed and paraded across the stage.....and wierwille unveils this incubated "prophesy" that comes out of nowhere. Wierwille heritage build-up. Wierwille Family crest [changed from three seagulls to three doves]. Selling of wierwille-crest wine glasses in bookstore. Special leather-bound edition of RHST.

Here, wierwille was "prophesying" the 3rd twi-president BEFORE he'd even placed the mantle of the 2nd?

Whoa!!!......nothing like passing over the martindale presidency before it even began.

Another thread on this: The Wierwille Heritage

Was there ever a retraction of this "prophesy?" None that I ever heard. Like so many things twi, it was given the SILENCE TREATMENT......and no one dared to ask how the mog could be SO DELUSIONAL. And, again I pocketed this "prophesy" as another reason why I thought that someday twi would move beyond the narcissist wierwille and elevate biblical research. Lo, I was sadly mistaken.....and the enablers entrenched twi into a deeper rut of idolatry.

Four Years Later, in August 1986......Cgeer read his poop paper and in one full swoop proclaimed that the corps had "forsaken the man of God, wierwille and were thus OFF THE WORD and no longer had the Word." Hmmmmmm......let me think. Now, where had I seen THIS before? Oh yeah......wierwille did it, in 1982. Same trick. Same "prophesy." Same deception.

And........many, MANY corps and clergy fell for it. <_<

I guess delusions of grandeur are hard to shake.

Our job as Corps was to take care of the Wierwille family. Not to herald the Word of God, but to take care of a "bless-ed holy family".

FROM WIERWILLE'S OWN MOUTH.....

The message to the corps could NOT have been any clearer.

The last corps week that vpw would HOLD the spiritual mantle....and he said THIS?

Not just a flippant statement, but one that he pondered, and delivered with emphasis.

And.....the backdrop of the corps week was THE WIERWILLE FAMILY AND LEGACY.

And.....the build-up to rock of ages and 40th anniversary....and martindale mantle.

To the body of corps......almost like "the last will and testament of wierwille."

And......FOUR YEARS LATER, geer states the same.

Forsaking dr. wierwille was the sin of the corps.

The trustees abandoned him.....and so did the corps.

Doesn't this smell of man-worship and the sin of idolatry? :evildenk:

Imagine you bought a ticket for Kansas City and boarded the train. You fall asleep and later wake up somewhere in New Jersey. But, everyone around you assures you that you are in Kansas City. That's kind of how I felt in the late 1970's/early 1980's. Why didn't I realize my ticket had taken me to a place I never signed on for? I don't know. It just seems too surreal to be true.

Skyrider, if you ever decide to write a book, I'll be first in line to buy it.

BTW, I think the Mormons use the term "earthly family" as well. Doesn't make it any less creepy though.

Thanks Jim.....I appreciate your kind words.

Yeah.....I gotta say, that "earthly family" term ALWAYS irritated me. Most especially when its juxtaposed

with A Day with the Wierwilles. Really? It was all surreal.....showboating the wierwille clan, the

pictures, the stories, parading them across the stage......and THEN THE PROPHECIES.

By 1982, it would be fair to say that a majority of corps took *vacation time* to attend corps wk and roa.

At the time, I was on staff at hq......and went SEVEN YEARS without seeing my parents or siblings....so

imagine how some of us felt when wierwille seemed to have little empathy for OUR family situations. All

of the parading, and promoting, and prophesying did NOT fill the void in my heart for longing to be with

my own family.

That whole corps week was just creepy.

And.....by this time, 1982, many of the corps were starting families. Pregnant women, nursing babies,

strollers, crying......the back end of the main tent was lined with a new crop of parents each year.

IMO.....the sociopath wierwille didn't display on ounce of empathy for these growing families, with a world

of bonding, and memories, and cuddling, and cherished family traditions ahead of them.