GreaseSpot Cafe

I watched the movie Noah this weekend. Mrs. bean was really into it, I just went along for the ride. Heck, how bad can Hollywood make this story about the man, Noah, that God trusted to build the ark?

Pretty bad attempt really. At about the 15 min mark, it began to portray something more along the lines of pure fantasy, like Avatar, other than a historical period of time.

For one, the director (who did Pi, Black Swan) turned the context way out of proportion. I don't believe that the word "GOD" was ever mentioned once. The word that the movie used was "the creator".

When someone else sees Noah and wants to make some remarks I will be happy to exchange thoughts, but this movie is not worth the money to see it. This emoticon sizes up the movie quite well. offtopic.gif

Edited by Human without the bean

A friend writes for The Examiner.com, an internet "newspaper," and she wrote a review of Noah which I thought was wonderful (I thought her review was wonderful, I haven't seen the movie ).

I thought the movie would be worth seeing to be there at the least to pray for people and be able to answer questions of anyone who wanted to know what really happened there.

However, when I posted it on Facebook I received a bunch of highly negative responses.

I wonder how you all think about it? (the review as well as the movie) Also I saw the trailer and thought that the movie made the concept of Noah a real thing, rather than the children's story book version which is in my head. And also Acts 17:11 (receiving the word with all readiness of mind and searching the scriptures whether those things were so), I hope will motivate people who see it to read it in the original and get an even better picture of what really happened.

http://www.examiner.com/review/biblical-critique-of-noah-movie-2014

(There is a device the theaters have, a portable captioning device, which sets in the cup holder and has a gooseneck so a deaf person such as myself can move it around to a comfortable reading position. I saw "The Son of God" and was so happy to be able to see it on the big screen and not need to wait until it came out on DVD.

However, when I posted it on Facebook I received a bunch of highly negative responses.

Just after I posted here, I was looking to see how well the movie did at the box office and while on IMDB I noticed quite a bit of negative posts on Facebook by mostly (obviiously) non-believers who were taunting others about how the story of Noah is a myth, a fable, etc. and even Fox TV had a panel of experts trying to van-guise the controversy that the movie started.

I haven't seen the movie. I'll probably wait until it hits cable. A review I read indicated that any overlap between the movie and the Biblical story of Noah was incidental, and that the movie was more of a sci-fi comedy. That's fine, but all the ads on TV would have you believe it's a Biblical record.

George