GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

Ok, here's what I have in mind.

Clues are posted for a movie.

They can be quotes, lists of some of the actors in it, trivia about it, goofs from filming,

and so on- just so long as they're things people might remember about the movie

one way or another.

Try not to pick movies that are very obscure, and try not to pick clues that are too obscure.

I'll start off.

==============================

One Hollywood tough guy has gone on record about his role in this film (films). He said that

now he actually has gotten fans that are small children. They've come up to him and wanted

him to come to their houses and act out his movie role there.

I'm in. Sounds like an awesome game. Something new anyway.

Arnold was a cop in KIndergarden Cop. But he didn't do a sequel as as recall.

You mention films (plural). So I guess that's out. Is the actor Mark Walberg Wolfie?

Edited by Human without the bean

It's neither an Arnie nor a Mark.

If you figure out exactly what the kids want him to do, and why they want him at that

specific location to do it, then you'll have the movie in an instant.

And of course, who qualifies as a movie tough guy can really be a matter of opinion...

One Hollywood tough guy has gone on record about his role in this film (films). He said that

now he actually has gotten fans that are small children. They've come up to him and wanted

him to come to their houses and act out his movie role there, trying to sneak in while

they booby-trap the whole place.

(What movie is this? Which, for this thread, is the question..)

Ok, the one with the casualties is probably "Serenity."

Correct

The other is probably not "Peabody and Sherman."

Also correct It is NOT "Peabody and Sherman" :)

George

Two movies. Both based on cancelled sci-fi shows. One reinvigorated the franchise, the other didn't (which is probably just as well, as that movie killed off two of the main characters).

I probably should say that the other movie brought back the show, but the first SEQUEL (and there have been several) actually reinvigorated the franchise.

George

Correct

Also correct It is NOT "Peabody and Sherman" :)/>

George

I probably should say that the other movie brought back the show, but the first SEQUEL (and there have been several) actually reinvigorated the franchise.

George

Is that a reference to "Star Trek:The Motion Picture" and "Star Trek 2:the Wrath of Khan"?

This movie almost had SEVEN DIFFERENT endings! That idea was then shelved, and the movie

was scripted for FOUR DIFFERENT endings. Once one was dropped, we were left with

a movie shot with THREE different endings. If you saw it in the theatrical release,

you saw one of the endings (sometimes the theater announced a showing was for

Ending A, B or C.) The home release and television broadcasts show all 3 in succession,

saying the first 2 were possible endings, and the third was what really happened.

Sounds like "Clue."

Or the "Psych" homage to "Clue." :)/>

George

It is "Clue."

Some of the trivia is fascinating. The exact date of the movie can be determined

because part of a famous, live broadcast is overheard during the movie, and the

movie takes place all during a single evening.

I didn't know about the "Psych" homage until this morning....

Buddy Ebsen had to give up the role of the Tin Woodsman after the makeup powder poisoned him with

some allergic reaction or something. Naturally, they agreed to change the makeup- once he

had to stop filming due to the poisoning.

This was "the Wizard of Oz."

My favorite quote about the movie was from the actress who played the Wicked Witch

of the West (who had an accident with the pyrotechnics when she was supposed to disappear,

and her makeup ignited.) She had grown up a fan of the book. When her agent mentioned

they wanted her for a role, she was delighted.

"What part?"

"The Witch."

"THE WITCH??????"

"Sure-what else?"

Buddy Ebsen had to give up the role of the Tin Woodsman after the makeup powder poisoned him with

some allergic reaction or something. Naturally, they agreed to change the makeup- once he

had to stop filming due to the poisoning.

This was "the Wizard of Oz."

My favorite quote about the movie was from the actress who played the Wicked Witch

of the West (who had an accident with the pyrotechnics when she was supposed to disappear,

and her makeup ignited.) She had grown up a fan of the book. When her agent mentioned

they wanted her for a role, she was delighted.

"What part?"

"The Witch."

"THE WITCH??????"

"Sure-what else?"

The "makeup" that they used for Ebsen was essentially aluminum powder in oil, which they sprayed on him. He inhaled it, causing severe lung damage. He was actually in an iron lung for some time, afterwards. The movie trade magazines simply reported "The role of the Tin Woodsman is now acted by Jack Haley>" No mention of nearly killing Ebsen.

Apparently, makeup was a problem for the other actors, as well. Margaret Hamilton's (the Witch) makeup caught fire in the second take of the her disappearance in a ball of flame and smoke.

George