GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

We're back in "Nostalgia Thread" mode again, it would appear.

Let's see if Human can pick up on the clue, lest WW or I have to take it.  :wink2:

George

Really I got nothing.  Just a guess with Peggy Sue Got Married?

3 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Really I got nothing.  Just a guess with Peggy Sue Got Married?

How would you describe YOURSELF at this moment, Human? 

(Mrs Wolf likes that Jane Austen/ BBC stuff, so she's mentioned adapting "Emma" just like I mention adaptations of Shakespeare.)

I guess Human is just

"CLUELESS."

New one:

The cast of this movie have had interesting careers.  For example,

One went on to play Mozart

One helped Indiana Jones

One played the Emperor (eventually) of the Centauri.

One is known to be linked by seven steps to everyone on the planet.

One has had a long and successful career in film.  His son has had a shorter, but also very successful career in acting (TV and film).

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

The cast of this movie have had interesting careers.  For example,

One went on to play Mozart.

One helped Indiana Jones.

One played the Emperor (eventually) of the Centauri.

One is known to be linked by seven steps to everyone on the planet.

One has had a long and successful career in film.  His son has had a shorter, but also very successful career in acting (TV and film).

One died of a drug overdose at age 33.

One, a former Playboy Playmate, later starred as "Mrs. King"'s nemesis.

One was a "Local Hero" as well has being a familiar face in a number of TV series.

George

I'm going to guess Animal House based on "arguably more famous than Footloose," Kevin Bacon, and Donald Sutherland (whose son, Kiefer, has had a strong TV and movie career."

Died of a drug overdose: John Belushi

Karen Allen helped Indiana Jones.

Yeah, this is Animal House

Indeed it is.  (40th anniversary of release)

One went on to play Mozart.  Thomas Hulce

One helped Indiana Jones.   Karen Allen

One played the Emperor (eventually) of the Centauri.  Stephen Furst (in Babylon 5)

One is known to be linked by seven steps to everyone on the planet.  Kevin Bacon

One has had a long and successful career in film.  His son has had a shorter, but also very successful career in acting (TV and film).  Donald Sutherland

One died of a drug overdose at age 33.  John Belushi

One, a former Playboy Playmate, later starred as "Mrs. King"'s nemesis.  Martha Smith 

One was a "Local Hero" as well has being a familiar face in a number of TV series.  Peter Riegert

You're up!

George

I may have used this before, but so what.

One of the stars of this movie plays a movie star who is nominated for an Oscar. She loses. But the actress playing her did such a good job that she was nominated for an Oscar. She won.

20 hours ago, Raf said:

I may have used this before, but so what.

One of the stars of this movie plays a movie star who is nominated for an Oscar. She loses. But the actress playing her did such a good job that she was nominated for an Oscar. She won.

Based on a play where one character mentions Michael Caine to her husband. In the movie, the husband is played by Michael Caine. The reference was changed to David Niven.

The movie tells four stories taking place in the same general location. The structure was similar to the Love Boat, where you're introduced to the characters at the beginning and then alternate in their stories as the running time progresses.

The four stories were called "Visitors from London," "Visitors from Chicago," "Visitor from New York" and "Visitor from Philadelphia."

The visitor from Philadelphia was played by an actor known for cantankerous roles. It was not his most famous screen collaboration with the original playwright.

Maggie Smith won an Oscar for playing an actress who loses an Oscar. In the play, her character says she Hope's the award is presented by Michael Caine because he's so classy. In the movie, her husband is played by Michael Caine, so the reference is changed to David Niven.