GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

10 hours ago, Raf said:

And here I thought I was being subtle.

Yes, The Other Guys, starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg.

I was going to start making references to Guy Smiley, Guy Ritchie, Family Guy, the Cable Guy...

But The Other Guys is correct.

I'm familiar with Guy Smiley. I know something about Guy Ritchie, Family Guy and the Cable Guy.  I've never heard of this movie.   Then again, I've gotten worse with movies over the years, and I don't see the same commercials you do, so that problem multiplies.

This 1996 movie is based on a 1955 TV show.  (Actually, the TV show began in 1948, but the main character first appeared in a 1955 episode.)

The only movie, to date, featuring Steve Martin and Dan Aykroyd.

The movie's closing epilogue reads: "The filmmakers gratefully acknowledge the total lack of co-operation from the United States Army".

George

Dan Aykroyd wasn't in "My Blue Heaven."

This 1996 movie is based on a 1955 TV show.  (Actually, the TV show began in 1948, but the main character first appeared in a 1955 episode.)

The only movie, to date, featuring Steve Martin and Dan Aykroyd.

The movie's closing epilogue reads: "The filmmakers gratefully acknowledge the total lack of co-operation from the United States Army".

The star of the TV show was very recently used by WW in "Triple Movie Links."

George

The villain in this movie shows his face. Like, makes no effort to conceal it whatsoever. Very different from the source material. In the sequel (in when he's played by a different actor), the audience does not get to see his face at all. True to the source material.

Based on an 80s cartoon.

All the principal roles are recast for the sequel. Now because too much time had passed, but because the original was a disaster and no one wanted to be a part of future installments. The sequel did feature a catchy tune over the closing credits sung by Rose Falcon, whose father, Billy, you may have heard of.

"

All the principal roles are recast for the sequel. Now because too much time had passed, but because the original was a disaster and no one wanted to be a part of future installments. The sequel did feature a catchy tune over the closing credits sung by Rose Falcon, whose father, Billy, you may have heard of."

So, yeah, TWO had the Rose F song. Just like I said.

Have some more of that tequila suramericano!

One of the stars learned the lasso tricks he used in the movie while working in a magic shop at Disneyland as a teenager.

While singing the opening song, the stars simultaneously hold the high note for fourteen seconds.

For the silent film sequence, the stars wore lead-based make-up.

When one of the stars cries out, "Farley, Farley, Farley, Hfuhruhurr!", it's a nod to a previous role as Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr.

The same star gets shot in this film, in the same place (shoulder) he was repeatedly shot in another of his films.

The only film written by Randy Newman.

George

"THE THREE AMIGOS."

The lasso reference made me think in the right direction.  The long note confirmed it.  But most of all, my kid was at a party Friday afternoon, where a piñata appeared.  I checked. Nobody ever asks the staff there if they have a "plethora of piñatas."  However, I mentioned that to another Dad, and he cracked up almost instantly.  So, the movie was sort-of on my mind lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Some prints of this movie omit the final line from a scene- one of my favorite lines from the movie- "Every one of them has a mother."

There's some prints that leave out part of the scene where 2 of the characters reach a boat.

What was Jack La Lanne doing in this movie?