GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

Points off for spelling, but yes, Jerry Maguire.

You had me at hello.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Cuba Gooding won an Oscar.

Later, Regina King and Renee Zellwegger.

Tom Cruise has multiple nominations.

"You had me from Hello" was a hit for Kenny Chesney

Not old at all.

Shazam!

George

PS.  The photo I had inserted in my previous post disappeared, so you may not have any idea what I was talking about.  It was "Inigo Montoya's keys to networking success"

Hello                    (Polite greeting)

My name is Inigo Montoya        (give your name)

You killed my father              (include a relevant personal connection)

Prepare to die             (manage expectations)

:dance:

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Not old at all.

Shazam!

George

PS.  The photo I had inserted in my previous post disappeared, so you may not have any idea what I was talking about.  It was "Inigo Montoya's keys to networking success"

Hello                    (Polite greeting)

My name is Inigo Montoya        (give your name)

You killed my father              (include a relevant personal connection)

Prepare to die             (manage expectations)

:dance:

I thought the "Hadouken!" Street Fighter reference might throw you off.  Apparently, not at all.     I didn't even get to use "Say my name!" "BILLY!!!"   Took place in Philly.  Miss Fawcett City?  I do, at least a little.  

I STILL see the image up.  I don't know why you can't. 

This title refers to (at least) one theatrical release and one made-for-TV movie.

The movie features two female leads, one younger and one older.  The actress who played the younger lead in the theatrical release played the older lead in the made-for-TV version.

The lead actresses in the theatrical release reprised their roles from a successful Broadway show, which won a Tony for Best Play and another for the older actress as Best Actress.

George

Surprised anyone remembered this.

The Miracle Worker starred Patty Duke as Helen Keller and Anne Bancroft as Anne Sullivan in 1962.

Remade in 1979 with Patty Duke  as Anne Sullivan and Melissa Gilbert as Helen Keller.

Patty Duke is well known for playing "identical cousins" in "The Patty Duke Show"

New clue:

The director was not fond of this movie when he finished filming it and seriously considered editing it down to a television episode. What changed his mind? The addition of the musical score.

The first American movie to show a toilet flushing on screen.

The director bought the movie rights to the book anonymously, then bought up as many copies of the book as he could to keep the plot a secret.

Inspired multiple sequels, a prequel and a TV series. Remade in 1998. Shot for shot. Leading many to wonder, why? It bombed. 

8 hours ago, Raf said:

New clue:

The director was not fond of this movie when he finished filming it and seriously considered editing it down to a television episode. What changed his mind? The addition of the musical score.

The first American movie to show a toilet flushing on screen.

The director bought the movie rights to the book anonymously, then bought up as many copies of the book as he could to keep the plot a secret.

Inspired multiple sequels, a prequel and a TV series. Remade in 1998. Shot for shot. Leading many to wonder, why? It bombed. 

The only movie I know of that was remake shot for shot was "PSYCHO".   Other than the amount of stolen money, I think the script was identical.  

Next movie.

"You got a family?"

"Yes, and I will see them when I leave here."

"You know that I would help you with anything, but I cannot help you if you're going to start all this again."

"There is nothing except this. There's no art opening, no charity, nothing to sign. There's the next mission, and nothing else."

"You got a family?"

"Yes, and I will see them when I leave here."

"You know that I would help you with anything, but I cannot help you if you're going to start all this again."

"There is nothing except this. There's no art opening, no charity, nothing to sign. There's the next mission, and nothing else."

=====================================

About the filming:

"They had no script, man. They had an outline. We would show up for big scenes every day and we wouldn't know what we were going to say. We would have to go into our trailer and work on this scene and call up writers on the phone, 'You got any ideas?' Meanwhile the crew is tapping their foot on the stage waiting for us to come on. "

"When someone used to be a schmuck and they're not anymore, hopefully they still have a sense of humor."

" One of the first things I did was I sat down all the people working on the visual effects and we screened scenes from Top Gun and scenes from Stealth and I said, “Why does Top Gun look so much more real?” Stealth had all of this money, technology and state-of-the-art effects and it looks like you’re watching a video game.
We figured out that a lot of it had to do with how restrained the camera was. Don’t give the camera too much freedom or choreography. Get the shading right, the lighting right and there are things you can do to make the CGI look more real. People end up going crazy and give themselves a little too much freedom in how they use CGI and if you overuse it, it draws attention to itself."

Early in the film, a main character is compared, obliquely, to Alfred Nobel. (They both seemed to share a certain nickname.)