GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

14 hours ago, Raf said:

No idea on the fourth clue. I have an idea on the fifth. but nothing solid.

The first three are all giveaways to me.

Concerning the fifth... in the final cut, the actor definitely moved, so your idea is probably correct.

As to the fourth, I'd probably get people chiming in with the movie's name if I posted either, let alone both.  

-One actor, facing his role, said "Ed has bequeathed this part to me, I look at it as my generation's Hamlet."

-One actor kept snacking all through the filming- he'd succeeded in hiding food all over the sets.

-One actor said he got his favorite text message ever during filming. One of the actors sent a short text to the principal cast to get together for a night out.

-One actor improvised several lines.  One prompted the director to have the FX people to add something to a scene.  Another included a suggestion to call out for work.

-One actor had a rope attached to his leg. He knew that it would be pulled at SOME point, but had no idea WHEN it would be pulled.   This improved a moment because the actor was surprised.

-One improvised line involved drapes.

-This movie had a body count of 151.

-This movie had some foreshadowing-  a mention of watching potential threats before the fact,  and another about potential violent foreigners were two of them.

-Two of the principal characters are ambidextrous but predominantly left-handed, which can be noted from how they wear their gear.

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

-One actor, facing his role, said "Ed has bequeathed this part to me, I look at it as my generation's Hamlet."

That would be Mark Ruffalo taking over the role of the Dane Bruce Banner from Edward Burns.

-One actor kept snacking all through the filming- he'd succeeded in hiding food all over the sets.

Robert Downey Jr.

-One actor said he got his favorite text message ever during filming. One of the actors sent a short text to the principal cast to get together for a night out.

Not sure about the actor, but the text message came from Chris Evans and was either "Avengers Assemble" or just plain Assemble. 

-One actor improvised several lines.  One prompted the director to have the FX people to add something to a scene.  Another included a suggestion to call out for work.

My guess: Robert Downey Jr. calling out a techie for playing Galaga and thinking no one noticed.

-One actor had a rope attached to his leg. He knew that it would be pulled at SOME point, but had no idea WHEN it would be pulled.   This improved a moment because the actor was surprised.

Loki interrupted while berating Hulk in his interrupted "I am a god!" speech.

"Doth Mother know thou wearest her drapes?"

"He was adopted."

-This movie had some foreshadowing-  a mention of watching potential threats before the fact,  and another about potential violent foreigners were two of them.

Lots of Thanos warnings.

-Two of the principal characters are ambidextrous but predominantly left-handed, which can be noted from how they wear their gear.

I'm going to guess Hawkeye and Thor, but honestly, no idea.

Not sure I know this one. Maybe a few more clues.

17 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Yes, Mark Ruffalo about Hulk.

Yes, Robert Downey Junior.

Clark Gregg/Phil Coulson, when Chris Evans sent "ASSEMBLE!"

"That man is playing Galaga! He didn't think we'd notice, but we did."  (BTW, the sound wasn't synched with what was happening in the game when they inserted the game clip.)      After the bomb but before confronting Loki, Tony Stark suggested they call out for work tomorrow and try the Shwarma place down the block- visible earlier in the fight, actually.

"I am a god, you dull creature!  And I will not be bullied by AAAAAHH!"

"Dost Mother know thou wearest her drapes?"

That includes Chitauri dead.

SHIELD was spying on possible future potential threats, like in CA-Winter Soldier, and Thor-Dark World had an alien invasion like the one Nick Fury was worried about (not counting the Chitauri one later in this movie.)

Black Widow and Hawkeye are visibly ambidextrous and fire with either hand (Hawkeye) or both hands at once (Black Widow)  but wore their weapons for a left-handed draw.  Renner is left-handed, I don't know about ScarJo.

One of the major stars of this film was notoriously lazy.  He suggested that the cameras roll during rehearsals, because they "might get lucky" (meaning he wouldn't have to repeat a performance).

He was also bad about memorizing lines.  He delivers a key speech written on a baby's diaper.

The actual star of the film was a relative unknown at the time and was actually third-billed in the credits and most promotional material.

George

One of the major stars of this film was notoriously lazy.  He suggested that the cameras roll during rehearsals, because they "might get lucky" (meaning he wouldn't have to repeat a performance).

He was also bad about memorizing lines.  He delivers a key speech written on a baby's diaper.

The actual star of the film was a relative unknown at the time and was actually third-billed in the credits and most promotional material.

The first-billed star wanted so much money for the sequel that all his scenes in it were cut.  (The movie and its sequel were filmed at the same time.)

When the third-billed star asked the second-billed what his motivation was, he replied, "You mean besides the $2 million?"

Initially, one star refused to cut off his mustache to play his character. In early one-sheets of the movie, his face is featured with a mustache. Before the director and the star met face-to-face, the director proposed to the star that if he would cut his mustache, the director would cut his too, and the star agreed. It turned out later that the director did not have a mustache at all. He wore a false moustache that he peeled off at the last moment.  The star thought it a great joke.

George

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Took me a while to remember this, but Brando/Jor-El's goodbye script to Kal-El was written on the diaper in case he lost his lines.

Christopher Reeve is remembered for having been in "Deathtrap," but mostly for the "Superman" films.

The first-billed star wanted so much money for the sequel that all his scenes in it were cut.  (The movie and its sequel were filmed at the same time.)

Brando, apparently, was a nightmare to work with. He initially tried to pitch the idea that Kryptonians were almost formless, and they chose a human form for Kal-El after observing Earth. He wanted a box with a speaker to perform his lines, probably so he could get paid the same without showing up.  He later claimed he was testing their resolve to do the movie authentically.  He also insisted on getting paid huge sums.

When the third-billed star asked the second-billed what his motivation was, he replied, "You mean besides the $2 million?"

Initially, one star refused to cut off his mustache to play his character. In early one-sheets of the movie, his face is featured with a mustache. Before the director and the star met face-to-face, the director proposed to the star that if he would cut his mustache, the director would cut his too, and the star agreed. It turned out later that the director did not have a mustache at all. He wore a false moustache that he peeled off at the last moment.  The star thought it a great joke.

George

Therefore, Superman-the Movie.

I don't know about the last 2 clues, however.

7 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Therefore, Superman-the Movie.

I don't know about the last 2 clues, however.

Correct.  Hackman responded to Reeve with the $2 million quote.

Hackman didn't want to shave his mustache, but Donner tricked him into doing it.  Additionally, Hackman refused to shave his head, so the final scene of the first Superman movie had him wearing a skull cap.  In other scenes, he changed his hairstyle to give the impression that he was wearing different wigs.  :biglaugh:

You're up!

George

That's interesting. In the theater, I had the impression that was a bald cap. Then again, I saw that 4x with the cinema's giant screen. Since then it's been a lot easier to make it pass.  (I went 2x and sat through 2 showings each time.  My parents were amazed I was still alert and keen watching it the fourth time, but then, I was a kid at the time.)

Ok, next movie.....

-The scene which introduces the main character's obsession with symmetry might also have served to draw attention and give his friend time to complete his search.

-The original story was inspired by a personal experience by the writer, plus a major news story at the time.

-Personally, I thought it was odd that only 1 1/2 actors prepped for their role by doing something I thought would be very obvious.

-For those who know enough to wonder, the one in the movie was "the Simpion."

-This remake had animations of moving landscapes. At least 1 actor experienced motion sickness during filming.

-The scene which introduces the main character's obsession with symmetry might also have served to draw attention and give his friend time to complete his search.

-The original story was inspired by a personal experience by the writer, plus a major news story at the time.

-Personally, I thought it was odd that only 1 1/2 actors prepped for their role by doing something I thought would be very obvious.

-For those who know enough to wonder WHICH, the one in the movie was "the Simpion."

-This remake had animations of moving landscapes. At least 1 actor experienced motion sickness during filming.

-This story originally appeared, serialized, in the "Saturday Evening Post."

-There was a flaw in this movie's script. Don't worry, nobody seems to catch it.  For that matter, the original had the same flaw, and audiences didn't seem to catch it THEN, either.

-The scene with the piece of cake took  1 1/2 days to complete, and included eating cake. The director was amazed that the other actor in the scene seemed immune to a common fear among actors of having to eat on-screen. [/b]