GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

1."Hello, and welcome to "TV Car Trivia!" First question, who was the driver of a '73 Firebird? Uh, Otto?"

2."Uh, Jim Rockford, "Rockford Files"."

3."Gimme "Columbo"."

4."A Peugeot convertible."

1."What color?"

4."Gray."

5."How do you know that?"

4."'Cause I love that show."

5."Man, I got three words for all of y'all: Get a life!"

6."What's on Magnum P.I.'s license plate?"

7."ROBIN-1"

4."Wait, wasn't Robin that faggoty guy that always hung with him?"

8."Naw, that was Higgins. That was Higgins."

2."Hey, hey, ten points for our fearless leader. Sway, how about giving us the Bill Bixby trifecta?"

3."Drove a Corvette in "The Magician", a Ford pickup truck in "The Incredible Hulk", and in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", he walked. "

This remake did well enough in the box office, but I can't help think part of

that was due to the advertising. One supporting character was made to look like

a main character with most of the screen-time.

This is one of the appearances in media of the "coroner with an iron stomach" type of thing. When one character

answers the phone, he's at work in a crematorium. He puts down his sandwich- on the corpse- to answer

the phone.

"If his unpleasant wounding has in some way enlightened

the rest of you as to the grim finish beneath the glossy veneer of

criminal life, then his injuries carry with it an inherent nobility, and

a supreme glory. We should all be so fortunate.

You say 'poor Toby'? I say 'poor us'. "

Cast includes Delroy Lindo, Christopher Eccleston, Giovanni Ribisi, Arye Gross.

1."Hello, and welcome to "TV Car Trivia!" First question, who was the driver of a '73 Firebird? Uh, Otto?"

3."Gimme "Columbo"."

1."What color?"

4."Gray."

7."ROBIN-1"

2."Hey, hey, ten points for our fearless leader. Sway, how about giving us the Bill Bixby trifecta?"

3."Drove a Corvette in "The Magician", a Ford pickup truck in "The Incredible Hulk", and in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", he walked. "

This is one of the appearances in media of the "coroner with an iron stomach" type of thing. When one character

answers the phone, he's at work in a crematorium. He puts down his sandwich- on the corpse- to answer

the phone.

Cast includes Delroy Lindo, Christopher Eccleston, Giovanni Ribisi, Arye Gross.

"Well, without disappointment, you cannot appreciate victory."   "Did Eleanor tell you that?"   "Well that's hitting below the belt."

" One: You kill me, they kill you, your brother dies anyway. Two: You lie, you accept the job, you take your brother, you run. I hunt you down, I kill you, I kill your brother and I kill your mother for the aggravation you cause me. Three: You accept the job, you steal some cars, you make some money, and you be a big brother."

3."Gimme "Columbo"."

1."What color?"

4."Gray."

7."ROBIN-1"

the phone.

Cast includes Delroy Lindo, Christopher Eccleston, Giovanni Ribisi, Arye Gross Angelina Jolie, Nicolas Cage, and Robert Duvall.

"Well, without disappointment, you cannot appreciate victory."   "Did Eleanor tell you that?"   "Well that's hitting below the belt."

" One: You kill me, they kill you, your brother dies anyway. Two: You lie, you accept the job, you take your brother, you run. I hunt you down, I kill you, I kill your brother and I kill your mother for the aggravation you cause me. Three: You accept the job, you steal some cars, you make some money, and you be a big brother."

3."Gimme "Columbo"."

1."What color?"

4."Gray."

7."ROBIN-1"

the phone.

Cast includes Delroy Lindo, Christopher Eccleston, Giovanni Ribisi, Arye Gross Angelina Jolie, Nicolas Cage, and Robert Duvall.

"You don't know the first thing about stealing a car! You need a role model!"

Just take a minute and review the clues.  The last quote showed it's a movie involving stealing cars.  How many of those do you know?

The overall concept and several names in this film appear to be taken from the Doc Savage pulp magazines of the 1930s and 1940s: both main characters are multi-talented surgeons, adventurers, and musicians; and both have an inner circle of sidekicks with nicknames.

The movie's ending invites the viewer to watch for the upcoming film "[Title character] vs. The World Crime League". This was the real title for a sequel that Sherwood Studios planned to make, if this film had been successful. Unfortunately, it was a box-office bomb, and Sherwood Studios went bankrupt. However, after its release on video and cable, the film became a cult favorite, much in the same way as Mad Max (1979) (which crawled from obscurity to spawn two sequels). Legal wrangling, due to the bankruptcy, prevented any other studios from picking up the sequel rights, and even many years later, MGM had to fight through a pile of red tape simply to get the OK to re-release it onto home video (DVD). In 2021, the novel "[Title character] Against the World Crime League" was finally released.

George

Next movie.

"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent."

"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you the full story of what happened on that fateful day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the guilty. Let us reward the innocent."

-There's some actors that can elevate whatever movie they're in, but there's limits no matter who the actor is- and in this case, even Bela Lugosi was unable to make this movie Oscar-worthy (some people might argue it's unwatchable.)