GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

The original version of this film included props in the background constructed

of paper-but the audience couldn't tell that.

The last line of this film was not composed of words.

The director gambled everything on this film, and kept the merchandizing rights

against the box office. The studio made a lot of money at the box office,

but the merchandizing rights made him wealthy in one shot! Naturally, this

only increased after he made more movies with such a strategy...

This film owes a LOT to films that came before, having borrowed styles from old

black-and-white films of different genres. But it was put together in a new way

and audiences loved it.

When and where was it set?

In the distant past, nowhere near here...

STAR WARS

No bloody IV, V, VI, I, II or III

That's it.

The original version of this film included props in the background constructed

of paper-but the audience couldn't tell that.

One or more scenes with the starfighters in the hangar- X-Wings and Y-Wings.

The last line of this film was not composed of words.

Chewbacca gets the last word. We don't see him get a medal, but he gets the last word.

The comic book adaptations make it clear he GOT a medal, it just wasn't PRESENTED like

the others because Leia wasn't tall enough. And when the MTV Movie Awards gave the

Lifetime Achievement Award to Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew came out in his costume,

and Carrie Fisher hung a medal around his neck. Me, I always said his closing line

was him yelling "Hey! Where's my medal?"

The director gambled everything on this film, and kept the merchandizing rights

against the box office. The studio made a lot of money at the box office,

but the merchandizing rights made him wealthy in one shot! Naturally, this

only increased after he made more movies with such a strategy...

George Lucas, and how merchandizing changed the face of filmmaking.

This film owes a LOT to films that came before, having borrowed styles from old

black-and-white films of different genres. But it was put together in a new way

and audiences loved it.

Flash Gordon serials had the scrolling text. War films had the gunners firing

at fighters from turrets, and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

F. Murray Abraham again plays a creative type again who is not as acclaimed as one of his contemporaries again. Only in this movie, the art in question is the written word, and he doesn't imply he had anything to do with his superior rival's death.

Edited by Raf

No.

While the more acclaimed writer was based on a real person, loosely, the movie's characters are fictional.

The first half of your clue Raf `m i g h t ' apply to Finding Forrester. Even this clue. Murray did not however have anything to do with Forrester's death. Cancer caused that.

I repeat: Only in this movie, the art in question is the written word, and he doesn't imply he had anything to do with his superior rival's death.

Finding Forrester it is.

And for those paying attention, I was contrasting Finding Forrester with Amadeus.

I repeat: Only in this movie, the art in question is the written word, and he doesn't imply he had anything to do with his superior rival's death.

Finding Forrester it is.

And for those paying attention, I was contrasting Finding Forrester with Amadeus.

It is hey. Wow.

The lead actor who starred in this movie also wrote the screenplay. He wrote the play but not with the same title as the movie. Among, some of the other cast members were a popular 70's sitcom actor, a country music singer, and a solid hollywood b- actor. OK. that was stretching it a bit. That would be J T Walsh. Now you all know who one star is.

The actor/ screenplay writer/ also directed the movie and has been said that it's his best work. He also has said that his two fears were antique furniture and midgets. a line which was ad libbed in the movie by the country singer. The actor/ screenplay/ director rejected anything red to be seen in the movie. He did however, allow a scene with a red fire truck to be in the movie.

Edited by Human without the bean

The lead actor who starred in this movie also wrote the screenplay. He wrote the play but not with the same title as the movie. Among, some of the other cast members were a popular 70's sitcom actor, a country music singer, and a solid hollywood b- actor. OK. that was stretching it a bit. That would be J T Walsh. Now you all know who one star is.

The actor/ screenplay writer/ also directed the movie and has been said that it's his best work. He also has said that his two fears were antique furniture and midgets. a line which was ad libbed in the movie by the country singer. The actor/ screenplay/ director rejected anything red to be seen in the movie. He did however, allow a scene with a red fire truck to be in the movie.

Well I'm not surprised to see this fading away into the twilight. If it were the other way around and it was Raf's or WordWolf's post and I were trying to interpret it I probably would't have enough information to make an accurate guess about this movie.

So, here's summm ... moorrrrr... information.

First, I doubt whether George or WordWolf has seen this, possible Raf has though.

The main actor/ writer/ director/ in question is also a musician. He/she has their own band. [OK I'm just trying to throw whoever is looking at this off. He is not a she. So eliminate Bruce Jenner.] And the country singer mentioned is a popular country artist. He's very well known.

As mentioned, J T Walsh is in it.

The film introduced a young actor who was 14 at the time and is all grown up and currently appearing on what else, N C I S. Which one? WelI, I've never seen any of them but I think it premiered in 2014 N C I S New Orleans.

Good luck, and don't forget to ask questions. Oh, the popular seventies television actor was extremely popular on TV and movies up until his demise, and like J T Walsh is not with us anymore.

I'm guessing that the NCIS NO star is Scott Bakula. One of the other actors is too young to have been 14 even when JT Walsh died; the other two (Daryl Mitchell and Lucas Black) are possibilities if the movie was made in the late 90's. Bakula was 14 in 1968, which seems to fit with the other clues, but I can't think of the movie.

George

*studies the clues*

This isn't reminding me of anything. Usually, I can be reminded of a movie

I didn't see, if I know something about it. Country musician made me think

of a few women singers, but you said this was a guy, which limits the field

considerably for those who went into movies as well.

So, I'm left with a wild swing. If it hits, I will be genuinely shocked.

"2000 Miles From Graceland?"

Sling Blade

hmmm

That's it. Billy Bob Thornton is the actor who wrote the screenplay and directed Sling Blade. He has a band called the The Boxmasters. The country music artist/ actor was Dwight Yoakam. Lucas Black is the boy that BBT (Carl Childers) likes in the film and after he befriends him most of the plot surrounds the two of them. He is currently starring on N C I S New Orleans. (Lucas Black not Billy Bob Thornton) John Ritter is the 70's & 80's actor/ movie star.

Go. go, go, Raf. And you're also up on the other film thread too.

Edited by Human without the bean