GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

By the way, there were at least 8 sequels before this one.

One of the sequels, oddly, told a completely unrelated story.

A few sequels were completely ignored by a later sequel. Then there was a remake (not a sequel) that had the same name as the original. That had a sequel too, though part 2 of the remake bore little resemblance to the original part 2.

It was not called "part 2." I'm just using that for ease.

So when the latest sequel was announced, it had the exact same name as the original. But it was announced as a sequel. However, its storyline ignored everything except the first movie. The sequels were no longer canon.

It is not sci fi

This was the movie debut of Levar Burton and Brian Dennehy.

There were also early roles for Tom Berenger and Richard Gere.

The recent film "Gloria Bell" reminded me a lot of this film, though "Gloria Bell" was not nearly so dark in tone.

Berenger said his role gave him nightmares.

The star of this film is known more for her light comedic roles, though she also appeared in the Godfather films.

The film was made and released about two years after its source novel.

George

15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

You seem to be searching for something...  :wink2:

George

"I'm looking for Mister Dunbar."

"That's playing in the theater down the street."

"I said 'DUNBAR', not 'GOODBAR.'"

Must be "Looking for Mister Goodbar."        Anyone know if it's any good?  

4 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Must be "Looking for Mister Goodbar."        Anyone know if it's any good?  

It is.

I saw it in college.  It was pretty creepy, but it was well done.

I saw "Gloria Bell" recently.  Another upstanding, middle-class single woman getting into bad relationships with guys she meets at bars.  As opposed to LFMG, though, GB was pointless.

George

1."Hello, and welcome to "TV Car Trivia!" First question, who was the driver of a '73 Firebird? Uh, Otto?"

2."Uh, Jim Rockford, "Rockford Files"."

3."Gimme "Columbo"."

4."A Peugeot convertible."

1."What color?"

4."Gray."

5."How do you know that?"

4."'Cause I love that show."

5."Man, I got three words for all of y'all: Get a life!"

6."What's on Magnum P.I.'s license plate?"

7."ROBIN-1"

4."Wait, wasn't Robin that faggoty guy that always hung with him?"

8."Naw, that was Higgins. That was Higgins."

2."Hey, hey, ten points for our fearless leader. Sway, how about giving us the Bill Bixby trifecta?"

3."Drove a Corvette in "The Magician", a Ford pickup truck in "The Incredible Hulk", and in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", he walked. "

This remake did well enough in the box office, but I can't help think part of that was due to the advertising. One supporting character was made to look like a main character with most of the screen-time.

This is one of the appearances in media of the "coroner with an iron stomach" type of thing. When one character answers the phone, he's at work in a crematorium. He puts down his sandwich- on the corpse- to answer the phone.

On 5/6/2019 at 1:36 AM, Human without the bean said:

Smokey and the Bandit  

There were Pontiac Firebirds in that.

One quote MENTIONED a Pontiac Firebird.  I don't remember if any actually appeared in this movie, even in passing.   It also was not a remake of a previous movie.

1."Hello, and welcome to "TV Car Trivia!" First question, who was the driver of a '73 Firebird? Uh, Otto?"

3."Gimme "Columbo"."

1."What color?"

4."Gray."

7."ROBIN-1"

2."Hey, hey, ten points for our fearless leader. Sway, how about giving us the Bill Bixby trifecta?"

3."Drove a Corvette in "The Magician", a Ford pickup truck in "The Incredible Hulk", and in "The Courtship of Eddie's Father", he walked. "

This remake did well enough in the box office, but I can't help think part of that was due to the advertising. One supporting character was made to look like a main character with most of the screen-time.

This is one of the appearances in media of the "coroner with an iron stomach" type of thing. When one character answers the phone, he's at work in a crematorium. He puts down his sandwich- on the corpse- to answer the phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Arye Gross           Christopher Eccleston          Robert Duvall         Timothy Oliphant      Delroy Lindo     Will Patton     James Duval      Scott Caan   William Lee Scott    Vinnie Jones

3."Gimme "Columbo"."

1."What color?"

4."Gray."

7."ROBIN-1"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Arye Gross           Christopher Eccleston          Robert Duvall         Timothy Oliphant      Delroy Lindo     Will Patton     James Duval      Scott Caan   William Lee Scott    Vinnie Jones

Giovanni Ribisi      Angelina Jolie     Nicolas Cage