GreaseSpot Cafe

John Lynn sick?

• 3 weeks later...

"If it's true, what will he do, now that he's denounced "the law of believing"?"

Ummm, I thought that John Lynn & CES abandoned 'the Law of Believing'.

And some of you still begrudge Lynn for his 'Doctrine of Error'? ... Really? ... Holy Martindale Batman! ...

... Is Doctrine really that important? ... Think before replying to that question please. :-\

"If it's true, what will he do, now that he's denounced "the law of believing"?"

Ummm, I thought that John Lynn & CES abandoned 'the Law of Believing'.

And some of you still begrudge Lynn for his 'Doctrine of Error'? ... Really? ... Holy Martindale Batman! ...

... Is Doctrine really that important? ... Think before replying to that question please. :-\

It was meant to be "tongue in cheek"

JAL released a youtube, a couple years ago, denouncing "the law of believing".

How does one NOT sound like an idiot when denouncing a concept they spent decades promoting?

LINK

Edited by waysider

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't know John very well. He was the the NE regional leader that included Pennsylvania in 1979 and I got to meet and talk to him maybe four times is all. I was a dentist and faculty member at Temple dental school at the time and I think that was important to him when so many TWI'ers were window washers. I feel sorry for the guy. Now he has a serious disorder yet cognitive dissonance will not allow him to consider for a moment that all that he has believed in all his adult life is a lie. Of course he can beat non-Hodgkins lymphoma so its not like a death sentence but poor guy.. he's dedicated his whole life to a lie...

sudo

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sudo - he and most others in leadership were very impressed with those who managed to get advanced degrees while being a part of TWI. Mostly for the money and legitimacy provided. Education doesn't automatically disqualify someone from being stupid, particularly in matters of religion, which defies reason anyway.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

It is sad to watch him proclaim he is healed, and yet he looks unwell. Also dealing with extreme fatigue which indicates he's treading water at best. None of the name and claim or positive believing is rendering positive results it seems. sad.gif

While that may be true, and I'm certainly no fan of what JAL preaches, it's his battle and his life. I wish him well and don't blame him for trying to figure out how to beat the illness.

• Upvote 2

Strange place for such a holiday greeting, but ok, you too.

Personally, I hope John Lynn seeks and finds the best medical care he can get.

Me, too. He was the N.C. leader when I got involved at ECU. I think he means well, but he was misled like so many of us. John, if you're reading here, know we're sending good thoughts your way. It's been a rocky road for us all...

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/9/2014 at 11:45 AM, Sudo said:

Of course he can beat non-Hodgkins lymphoma so its not like a death sentence 

sudo

Speaking as someone having non-Hodgkins lymphoma--specifically Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia--myself, I can assure you that you don't "beat" a blood cancer.  Having two chemotherapies in the past four years, I realize its more like a video game: you don't win, you stave off defeat. You don't beat it, you live to fight again another day. Unlike many cancers--which can be cut out and the survivor declared cancer free--with lymphoma, the best you can hope for is remission. Even with remission, you know in the back of you mind  its still there, dormant in your marrow, waiting to spring forth like the disease in Camus' The Plague and wreak havoc.

My particular form of lymphoma has tumors that produce a protein. They'll continue producing that protein to the detriment of everything else. So red blood and white blood cell counts drop and will continue dropping to dangerous levels without treatment. After my last chemotherapy, my white cell count was at or near zero for more than six months. No white cells, no immunity. I was instructed not to eat anything not cooked and monitor for thrush. Luckily, after six months my marrow kick started and started doing its job.

Edited by So_crates
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

John wished me a Happy Birthday with blessings on Facebook. Then he tried to peddle his most recent books and classes.about the diameter of Jesus Christ. When I responded that I was using Alpha video and other video classes from Anglican, Methodist, Saddleback, and books by Frank Viola, Jon Zens, Milt Rodreigueiz, Theodore Austin-Sparks, Watchman Nee, etc. He said why waste my time with those losers who don't have the accuracy of scripture. Feel sorry for his ego(or is it id?)

2 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

John wished me a Happy Birthday with blessings on Facebook. Then he tried to peddle his most recent books and classes.about the diameter of Jesus Christ. When I responded that I was using Alpha video and other video classes from Anglican, Methodist, Saddleback, and books by Frank Viola, Jon Zens, Milt Rodreigueiz, Theodore Austin-Sparks, Watchman Nee, etc. He said why waste my time with those losers who don't have the accuracy of scripture. Feel sorry for his ego(or is it id?)

He does this with everyone he’s friends with on Facebook. He still believes he’s the greatest show on earth. 

1 hour ago, JayDee said:

He does this with everyone he’s friends with on Facebook. He still believes he’s the greatest show on earth. 

3 hours ago, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

Thomas, I am not familiar with most of the writers you mentioned.  However, if other people read their books, and enjoy them, they probably are not "losers."  I think Shakespeare said something about jealousy, being a "green-eyed monster."  I think JAL might be a bit "green-eyed" with jealously regarding their work.

4 hours ago, Grace Valerie Claire said:

Thomas, I am not familiar with most of the writers you mentioned.  However, if other people read their books, and enjoy them, they probably are not "losers."  I think Shakespeare said something about jealousy, being a "green-eyed monster."  I think JAL might be a bit "green-eyed" with jealously regarding their work.

JAL does do that with everyone he's friends with on FB. I just didn't respond to his marketing tactic. He might have some jealousy, but he also likely mixes it in with a YUGE ego and lack of self-awareness.  One advantage to that, for him, is that it likely helps him push on with denial about the physical illness he's dealing with. That denial might be crucial to his belief that he will beat the illness.

Humans are strange creatures.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

John posted an update on Facebook a few hours ago. He included some specifics about his blood counts. His attitude is still very positive even though he acknowledges that his doctors tell him he's dying. Anyone wanting more info can check him out on FB.