GreaseSpot Cafe

I See Dead People

skyrider

When I reflect upon twi-servitude and its mog-doctrine agendas......I See Dead People.

Rom 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being DEAD wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Sure.....pfal "talked a good game" and all, but we were held in a constant state of oppression by religious hierarchy. We were held captive by a faux doctrine of an absent Christ. This twi-doctrine is NOT delivering those from the law [the sin of man and in need of a savior; redemption].....but is an extension of deadness.

To follow after a false teacher is the antithesis of serving in newness of spirit.

Rather, its the "oldness of the letter" masked in a modern form of guile.

The modern-day Pharisees in twi, the trustees, strutted around in cornfield cult-ure to be seen in the uppermost seats of pomp and elitism. How many of wierwille's "prophesies" came to pass? All of those acclaims of Camp Gunnison becoming a premiere *Believer's Campground* with a grand restaurant on the hill overlooking the Gunnison River.....and Sunset Corps couples buying into "retirement cabins"......and white-water rafting and riding stables for the campers?? Or, the grand scale productions at the Auditorium with full-scale orchestra.....and dancers.....and recording studio?

Or,.......the corps program that became a clone factory and an abysmal failure? Where was the great wierwille to direct its success and outcome? Where was the wisdom to see that it had MAJOR FLAWS in its foundational structure on spiritual growth and individual freedom? Sure, we've all heard about THE ZERO CORPS......but what about the ZERO 1st corps?..... the ZERO 2nd corps?..... the ZERO 3rd corps? (etc, etc). If Christ was not preached AS LORD, then EVER CORPS WAS A ZERO CORPS!!

To this day......there are still "dead people" following the footprints in the sand of a false prophet. Those mog footprints will eventually be washed away by the incoming tides of time. Those who follow a lifetime in this pursuit are as dead man walking. Whereas, the footprints of the Lord Jesus can NEVER be washed away and will always benefit those who follow in his steps.

I See Dead People......going to twig fellowship 3X a week.

Same faces, same seats......same format, same manifestations, same Styrofoam cups for coffee afterwards.

The deadness of it all......droning on and on. Pay your dues (abs), smile, and count it as spiritual.

Is that it? Is that ALL THERE IS to twi's grand production of "the more abundant life?"

One would think that with $57 MILLION.....there'd be a little more oomph to it, no? :dance:

How many of wierwille's "prophesies" came to pass? All of those acclaims of Camp Gunnison becoming a premiere *Believer's Campground* with a grand restaurant on the hill overlooking the Gunnison River.....and Sunset Corps couples buying into "retirement cabins"......and white-water rafting and riding stables for the campers?? Or, the grand scale productions at the Auditorium with full-scale orchestra.....and dancers.....and recording studio?

The spirit of VP would say that it was our failure to rise up in our believing to be able to see these things come to pass. You know, "I'm building a bridge..." and all that. Also, don't forget, God first gave the revelation of the fast food restaurant to Vic. Vic tried to get Christian businessmen interested in the concept but they just couldn't grasp the vision and failed in their believing. Then, once the revelation was spoken in the senses realm, the devil got a hold of it and now it's spread worldwide. (Sigh) If only people would have listened to Victor we would have "Godly" fast food restaurants clogging people's arteries. "I won't let you down VP! I'll sign the green card!"

Edited by Broken Arrow

The spirit of VP would say that it was our failure to rise up in our believing to be able to see these things come to pass. You know, "I'm building a bridge..." and all that.

See that's the shell game.......wierwille was the pontificator. He ONLY had to speak it forth; others had to BELIEVE

to bring it to pass. But since veepee invoked the name of the Lord and how he was "building a bridge" for others....

and it didn't come to pass, then no respect or reverence need be given to the man.

The Scriptures have a nametag for wierwille: FALSE PROPHET

Look at it in context.....

Deuteronomy 18:18

I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Deuteronomy 18:20

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

Deuteronomy 18:22

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

To this day......there are still "dead people" following the footprints in the sand of a false prophet. Those mog footprints will eventually be washed away by the incoming tides of time. Those who follow a lifetime in this pursuit are as dead man walking. Whereas, the footprints of the Lord Jesus can NEVER be washed away and will always benefit those who follow in his steps.

that's really nice

i'm not a dead man walking any longer

and that other thing

Deuteronomy 18:22

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

why the heck was afraid or in reverence of him or whatever the heck it was?

let's talk about the things he said would happen that didn't (we already know all things he said that DID happen, DIDN'T, right?)

I remember "Dr" W saying we would all be very fortunate if we made it to 50. What the?????

Given the zeitgeist of twi when vpw was alive,

my first guess (not knowing the context) would be that he was INSINUATING

(hinting without actually saying) that The Lord Jesus Christ was going to

return shortly. It certainly was believed TLJC would return while vpw was

alive, at least until vpw died.

(twi was hardly alone in this- crackpot religious fringes tend to add that

sort of thing. If their leader isn't the Messiah, then the Messiah will

show up and shake his hand or something.)

(twi was hardly alone in this- crackpot religious fringes tend to add that

sort of thing. If their leader isn't the Messiah, then the Messiah will

show up and shake his hand or something.)

I'm sorry. I just read this and I think it's flipping hilarious. I read an interview with Oprah once, and she actually said when she dies, she wants the angels to all line up and be saying, "You go girl!" No kidding. I was amazed at the ego of some of these people. Like it's all about them. It is quite funny though. biglaugh.gif/>

OH PS: Happy belated birthday johniam!

Edited by RottieGrrrl

I read an interview with Oprah once, and she actually said when she dies, she wants the angels to all line up and be saying, "You go girl!"

pppppffffffttttttt ppppppffffffffffttttttttt

the angels are gonna send her to hell for stealing their air time

• Upvote 1

pppppffffffttttttt ppppppffffffffffttttttttt

the angels are gonna send her to hell for stealing their air time

Them angels will be saying, "You gone girl?" :o/> ;)/> :P/>

I was there in the mid seventies during one of those, "Lucky to reach 50 spiels." The essence of the context was here we were once again with all the manifested power and knowledge of God. And that puts us on the frontlines of the great spiritual warfare .

The devil knows that and tembles in fear because he knows how much we can destroy all his efforts. All wafers were on Lucifers Top Enemies list and he would throw all his forces and power against us. That means there were going to be casualties, the dead, the wounded, those who would run off the battlefield.

It was vp's warning, it was a spiritual fight, you would see casualties fall by the wayside, but to stand strong.

It is so good to see you around here again Mr. Prophetta!

It is clear to me that El Diablo has pushed all the life out of a certain organization on a certain farm in Ohio. I don't think anybody has even heard a sneeze from any of them.

Martindale made an announcement (in the 90's) that the Word was over the world.

Incredible how twi hemorrhaged followers until they were something like 1/7 of their previous

size, and yet that handful managed something twi couldn't do when there were tens of thousands

in rather than just thousands- "get the Word over the world."

He announced it had happened THEN and not before.

And his explanation of how it was "over the world" was that there were (now) Bible meetings

in locations where the entire planet could potentially attend.

Yes, that's hysterical. He was only counting official twi stuff and NOT any offshoots.

He said the "remnant" of twi (his term, and he redefined that and said the remnant

was the best part of the cloth) which was far smaller than a few years before,

NOW had fellowships fricking EVERYWHERE (but previously it did not when there were a

LOT more people involved.)

that's really nice

i'm not a dead man walking any longer

and that other thing

why the heck was afraid or in reverence of him or whatever the heck it was?

let's talk about the things he said would happen that didn't (we already know all things he said that DID happen, DIDN'T, right?)

Like- wasn't his grandson supposed to have a special calling? That grandson has had nothing to do with it all as far as I know.

The grandson, V2P2, has cloned The Way and given it a new name.

Special calling??...Meh.

A different grandson, from another branch of the family. It was in a film where vpw made the mistake of thinking his affection for a grandchild meant the kid was going to be a prophet or something. I can't remember vpw's exact words but he was wrong about the kid. The kid and his family never "stood" with twi or vpw. He just happened to be vpw's favorite grandkid.

A different grandson, from another branch of the family. It was in a film where vpw made the mistake of thinking his affection for a grandchild meant the kid was going to be a prophet or something. I can't remember vpw's exact words but he was wrong about the kid. The kid and his family never "stood" with twi or vpw. He just happened to be vpw's favorite grandkid.

It was from that "Day with the Wierwille's" reading, I think. I believe he was talking about one of the Somerville children...one of the sons of his daughter, was it Mary?