GreaseSpot Cafe

You're so vain.....you probably think this class is about YOU

skyrider

Seems like vanity is on the rise......but probably not.

Solomon....in the Book of Ecclesiastes notes this vanity in man. So, more-than-likely, ole wierwille hadn't cornered the market on excessive self-conceit.....but he sure acted like it. Even his wonder class, pflaugh, he admits that he didn't originate the content, but HE DID masterfully "put it together" so that it showed how scripture fits like a hand in a sock.

Oh, the vanity of the elitists! They are everywhere. Religion, politics, academia, administrators, etc.....and the final word on the subject. Just ask them.

Webster's definition of vanity.....1 any thing or act that is vain, futile, idle, or worthless 2 the quality or fact of being vain, or worthless; futility 3 the quality or fact of being vain, or excessively proud of oneself or one's qualities or possessions; self-conceit.

If vanity was wierwille's north star, then I cannot trust ANYTHING in pflaugh......it all has to be thrown out and worked again, starting with John 3:16 For God so loved.... All of the material is suspect, because the man (wierwille) is suspect of moral character and integrity. But rather than work it to detect *bugs in the system*......I threw the WHOLE thing out.

Vanity has a way of infiltrating. It spreads and contaminates and poisons.

Yet, if we are of a humble spirit.....then humility leads us gently.

Edited by skyrider

I read somewhere that someone said pride, which I'm taking the liberty of equating with vanity, is like one of those 50's horror movies where the star gets attacked by a man eating plant. As soon as he cuts off one vine with a machete there's another growing on the other and he barely gets free. Let us all beware!