GreaseSpot Cafe

Breeding Grounds for.. what..

Ham

For devils? I'm not saying all offshoots, or everybody associated with the old ministry.. that would include me as well I suppose.

It just seems to me.. all of the ingredients are in place, in a few places.

Unbridled, unchecked "authority" to dismiss participants at any time for any reason..

A Doctrine which cannot be questioned for any reason, only discussed and studied as if it were from the Mouth of God..

Absolute ignorance and denial of the past history of the parent organization, including proclivities of its founder and leadership..

Deification of the founder of the old organization..

it all looks like the makings of a breeding ground for mini-loys, mini-psycho geeros and the like..

• Upvote 1

No doubt Ham Guru...I think you summed it up quite well.

These good folks who continue to follow their respective splinter groups, deserve what they get. My advice?...get over it...have enough courage to live your own life without taking directions from some jerk in the God business...or you may find yourself on your knees snorkling the sausage of some guy in a brown suit.

• Upvote 1

Ignorance and denial of the past..

The Organization was such a paradise before loy and the other "bad people".

So they want to run the program like it was back in the day, when G. J*ss ran it..

loy, geero, any may others were recruited into, trained by, and groomed by the very system they strive to emulate..

May have come off a tad to strong. What led those followers down the wrong path was extremist views held by their founders.

Was Weirwille an extremist? A sociopath? He may have not had a hand in taking any one's life, but he did have a hand in destroying peoples lives, their marriages, their careers, their future's, and their well being.

Wierwille led many good people down the path of destruction. Did we survive? Yes. Never the less we did lose alot as a result of his wickedness.

They were led down the path of destruction. The offshoots do the same. One of them claims to be operating under the purity of the conditions of when Geo J*ess ran (?) the corps program. At the best, or "purist" days, the way bred psychopaths..

Maybe we didn't die as a result of our partaking the forbidden fruit

He may have not had a hand in taking any one's life.

Unfortunately, this is not completely accurate. People DID die because of their involvement with The Way and callous negligence of VPW. There were deaths caused by blatant safety violations (LEAD in particular), suicides precipitated by misconduct of leadership, murders on the WOW field and deaths that were the result of The Way's misguided "law of believing". Many of those deaths are chronicled on the pages of GSC.

Edited by waysider

Karl Kahler's book is good too. (The Cult that Snapped).Unfortunately he has no more copies. But he emailed me one but I'd have to contact him to ask if I can share it.

As for off-shoots, I attend a home fellowship loosely associated with an off-shoot and we meet about every two weeks, if that much because we all have lives, and we purposely don't control each others' lives because of what we knew in TWI. We don't even have a "leader". Usually it's whoever's house it is at that meeting.

Unfortunately, this is not completely accurate. People DID die because of their involvement with The Way and callous negligence of VPW. There were deaths caused by blatant safety violations (LEAD in particular), suicides precipitated by misconduct of leadership, murders on the WOW field and deaths that were the result of The Way's misguided "law of believing". Many of those deaths are chronicled on the pages of GSC.

I was afraid you would say that waysider. There's a reason it was called the fog years. The fog was so thick for so long that you couldn't see the nose in front of your face. 13 years respectively. Even a knife couldn't cut through the rhetoric that VPW spun.

Add murderer to the long list of master manipulator traits.

To be clear, VPW, himself, did not commit the murders but they were committed within a program (WOW) he sanctioned. When there were deaths in the LEAD program, it should have been halted immediately. Instead, the deaths were covered up and the program continued on.

To be clear, VPW, himself, did not commit the murders but they were committed within a program (WOW) he sanctioned. When there were deaths in the LEAD program, it should have been halted immediately. Instead, the deaths were covered up and the program continued on.

And when there were rapes in the LEAD program, it should have been halted immediately.

vpw insisted the program continued, and belittled the risk of rape, saying that one

could potentially be raped anywhere. Which, in and of itself, isn't a lie, but is

truth phrased to be deceptive. Although it is technically true someone could perform

a rape at a church's altar or on the duty sergeant's desk in a police station,

the odds are incredibly small in comparison to, say, the specifics required in the

LEAD program. That's why, despite there being many church altars in the US, and

many duty sergeants' desks in the US, we don't hear about rapes at them but we've

heard of rapes during LEAD.

IMHO, once the first rape was reported, vpw was complicit in any succeeding ones,

since he had a fiduciary responsibility to remove obvious risks from the program,

and chose not to do so-rather vocally.

There were deaths caused by blatant safety violations (LEAD in particular)

I am aware of one death relative to hitchhiking to or from LEAD, but I'm not aware of any other. Are there more? Would you please tell me where I can find a link in GS about this?

I am aware of one death relative to hitchhiking to or from LEAD, but I'm not aware of any other. Are there more? Would you please tell me where I can find a link in GS about this?

Just off the top of my head, there was Ken B., who was run over by a semi, en route to LEAD and Rachel W., who took her own life after she was severely injured in *the LEAD accident* and subsequently treated like a pariah. Another poster on GSC was brutally raped by a trucker. I won't name her because she no longer posts here. I don't have any links to refer to at the moment.

I really think the former organization was a breeding ground, for .. devils.

Maybe in a weird sense, an environment welcome to walk ins from evil intelligences..

Something like that.

Maybe this is how devils propagate the species..

somehow I was a host that was rejected..

:biglaugh:

quote:

IMHO, once the first rape was reported, vpw was complicit in any succeeding ones,

since he had a fiduciary responsibility to remove obvious risks from the program,

and chose not to do so-rather vocally.

So when did the catholic church become complicit the first time an adolescent boy got raped by a priest after confession?

So when did the catholic church become complicit the first time an adolescent boy got raped by a priest after confession?

They became complicit the first time they became aware of it and chose to cover it up rather than address it properly.

edit: I'm not a lawyer so that's just my opinion.

Edited by waysider

They became complicit the first time they became aware of it and chose to cover it up rather than address it properly.

edit: I'm not a lawyer so that's just my opinion.

I think a jury would see it the same way, and a judge would as well.

I know I do.

Just off the top of my head, there was Ken B., who was run over by a semi, en route to LEAD and Rachel W., who took her own life after she was severely injured in *the LEAD accident* and subsequently treated like a pariah. Another poster on GSC was brutally raped by a trucker. I won't name her because she no longer posts here. I don't have any links to refer to at the moment.

Thanks. Any adult over the age of 40 could have foreseen how dangerous this hitchhiking practice was. It was just common sense.

Edited by Broken Arrow

For those curious who have time on their hands,

we have discussed the heck out of LEAD on several threads.

Here are links for a few:

"The L.E.A.D. accident-what happened?"

(discussion thread)

"The L.E.A.D. accident-what happened?"

(Biographical thread)

"Other L.E.A.D. questions, stories, etc"

"LEAD 1986"

"LEAD"

"Foolhardy behavior"