GreaseSpot Cafe

Vic the Grifter croaked on May 20th...

GrouchoMarxJr

Some precious facebook friends brought this to mind with reverence and respect.

To me, I know he has been judged. I do not know how the Lord judged him, but I do know that he has been reckoned with by the Righteous Judge, and therefore no thought word or deed of mine will have any further bearing on the case.

(I can't understand how men and women who know of his hurt to so many can hold him in reverence, but I know my primary job is to get the beam out of my own eye before I try to wrestle the mote out of another's eye.)

Watching that movie so many years ago gave me my first nightmares (the witch with Toto in her basket).

• Upvote 1

I'm far more concerned with the death of a very elderly friend last week, and his memorial service this coming Friday.

VPW was dead before I even heard of TWI. Not that anybody ever said that - or commented that after the PFAL class where "If you have any questions, write The Teacher..." meant it would be someone else who responded (if they bothered).

I didn't even think about it, just like I forget when it's my "anniversary" of when I left TWI. I never was that enamored of VPW anyway while he was alive. I went along with all the adulation but inside I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe it was my real brain being drowned out by my WayBrain.

• Upvote 1

I remember my mom showing me the very brief article in the Sun Times that he had died. (she was one of the zillions of "concerned mothers" who had talked to that Sun Tims reporter back in 79. ) By that time I was working in a new-wave club, bouncing around nightclubs almost every night, and really didn't care. I just shrugged at her. This was pre-offshoot days, which would come later in the 90s and wanted to reconnect. Bleh.

I never was that enamored of VPW anyway while he was alive. I went along with all the adulation but inside I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe it was my real brain being drowned out by my WayBrain.

I was never enamored with vpw either.

Scripture was VERY CLEAR as to whom one was to revere.....and it certainly wasn't some

plagiarizing preacher with a skewed doctrine on believing to fill your wish list.

Lordy Pete.....ole vic sure led a lot of folk on a wayward journey, a cornfield cult.

it was a good day because it was the beginning of the end of the way for me

sorry it took me so long

--

should i clarify?

i never could follow craig, psycho geer, lynn, et. al.

why wierwille had his fangs in me not sure was he the pope the father i never had i couldn't tell you for sure right now

ps. the witch is not dead she lives in new knoxville

but the wizard behind the curtain is