GreaseSpot Cafe

The Cottonwoods

Ham

Its been a cold spring, but the four dimensionally monstrous cottonwood trees here are bursting to break forth in their annual glory..

They are at close fifty feet tall.

I will herd the cotton out to the street with a leaf blower. The event will look like a snowstorm in late June..

:biglaugh:

There is a lot of clay in the soil, and water stands in the back yard in early spring.. I don't think there are any underground streams but I'm not certain about that.

They send roots down to the water table. If they can't find it, they'll settle for a sewer system.

AHA! Twice I've called the city sewer fixit business to fix it..

:biglaugh:

well. Considering what it would cost to remove four close to fifty foot trees in the city limits here.. I'd be further ahead with keep paying the sewer guys to fix it..

They do make the house cooler. I pull in air from the corner of the house at the base of the trees.. so they pay their way in one sense. Now, if I could figure out how to market the massive amounts of cotton in mid-June it would even be better..

• 2 months later...