GreaseSpot Cafe

The Clone Zone

skyrider

Reading about the passing of Tommy Crabb [5th corps].......Click Here

and it brings to mind thoughts of the free-wheeling spirit of men like Tommy Crabb and Donnie Fugit

and the Wichita area. What a twisted clone zone the corps program was for such free souls.

It's people like THIS that, I believe, should have been left alone to reach the "unreachable."

And....it points to the utter failure of wierwille wanting to usurp individualism

and attempts to make them into something they weren't........clones.

Did the corps program, the clone zone, help Donnie to "reach others?"

Did a briefcase-totting corps grad carry more power and clout?

Or....did wierwille SIDE-TRACK the dynamic outreach that Donnie and others could have had

just being themselves?

Maybe, a two-month long "summer program" to teach pertinent info to aspiring leaders and such....

but NOT indoctrinate them in a four-year long program of twi-servitude.

Uugh.....with each passing year, I see how deceiving wierwille was in ALL HIS WAYS.

Wierwille wasn't interested in reaching "the unreachable". If he had been, he would have looked for ways to make PLAF (The Wonder Class) freely available to the masses, "Word Over The World!" and all that jazz..Instead, he put all his efforts into developing a clever multi-level-marketing scheme, using intentionally plagiarized, flawed *research* and creating a charismatic persona for himself, usurping the talents of unsuspecting devotees.

Edited by waysider

vpw insisted on a multi-year program, then hustled to find make-work to fill all 4 years-

all of which the participants paid for.

Part of it was to take (re-take, mostly) every single class twi had out.

(If you were that dedicated, you took most of them already before signing up.)

All of those take less than a year. In fact, we could probably have seen them all done

in 4 months (6 if they were stretched out.)

The rest of the time was filled in with physical exercise (with no trained medical

personnel onsite in case of injury), manual labor (cheaper than free- the students

PAID and were sent to WORK manual labor), and sometimes other things like learning

sales or reviewing how to pack a suitcase more efficiently.

vpw wanted a multi-year program, not an efficient method of passing on knowledge.

With the years, he got to instill artificial loyalty alongside the material.

And lots of "cheap" labor to renovate and upkeep the grounds at different locations.

(A place to stay, cheap food, and they paid to be there.)

vpw insisted on a multi-year program, then hustled to find make-work to fill all 4 years-

all of which the participants paid for.

THEN......four years AFTER corps graduation, vpee wanted pertinent corps grads

to go thru ANOTHER RE-EDUCATION TRAINING PERIOD to mold them some more.

See, it never ended until wierwille had them made in his image.....OR he forced them out!

The more I've learned thru the years........the more I believe that many, many corps grads

had run-ins with wierwille and/or rhetorically "flipped him the bird" and left.

IIRC......Tommy Cr@bb was one of those guys who wanted very little to do

with climbing wierwille's hierarchy of Nazi-corps.

A true narcissist does everything in his power to cement his thinking, philosophy and legacy.

Wierwille did everything in his power to ensure that his corps leadership would follow his directives

and that his successor would respect and build on the foundation that he laid.

The corps training was billed as a 4 year training program...with an option to take assignments afterwards. That's what the brochure said. That's what I signed up for.

Soon after arriving at Emporia for my first year in residence, Martindale announced to everyone that the corps is NOT a 4 year training program but a lifetime commitment! If we thought it was only a 4 year commitment, we were "spiritually out to lunch"...everyone sat there smiling with glassy eyes, agreeing to everything he said...not me!

I called .... on him...I accused twi of bait and switch and announced that I had committed to 4 years...no more. If it was a lifetime commitment, why were they not honest up front? My remarks were met with disdain and I was immediately sent to Rome City to get me away from the others...before I polluted others with my "rebellious" attitude.

Needless to say, it did not end well. I never returned for my final year...I was always amazed at how so many people deferred their own council to twi leadership. Mindless sheep...not to mention that after one year in residence, I saw very little value in their "training" program...after all, I already knew how to pack a suitcase and it never sat well with me that I was paying them to work.

how's your filing system and teeth today outie ;)

--

Or....did wierwille SIDE-TRACK the dynamic outreach that Donnie and others could have had just being themselves?

well, speaking of others, i have been reading jimmy doop's dopp's manuscript right from the start instead of going to the way years

it is SHOCKING absolutely SHOCKING to see how he and steve and ted (and then came lonnie) were doing god's work before wierwille showed his ugly face

will we know for sure about the side-tracking, although it seems so much to me, until the lord's return? i don't know because .... am i a result of those true wonderful believers that got side-tracked? do you see what what i mean ?

Reading this, I'm reminded of how jealous King Saul was when David began to gain success in spite of him. These young men were already ministering and God was increasing their work. Maybe Wierwille just couldn't bear to think that men 30 years younger were walking more powerfully spiritually than he was. So he pulled them into the Corps and cloned them, or at least tried to. In some cases, regrettably, he was successful.

• Upvote 1

The corps training was billed as a 4 year training program...with an option to take assignments afterwards. That's what the brochure said. That's what I signed up for.

Soon after arriving at Emporia for my first year in residence, Martindale announced to everyone that the corps is NOT a 4 year training program but a lifetime commitment! If we thought it was only a 4 year commitment, we were "spiritually out to lunch"...everyone sat there smiling with glassy eyes, agreeing to everything he said...not me!

I called .... on him...I accused twi of bait and switch and announced that I had committed to 4 years...no more. If it was a lifetime commitment, why were they not honest up front? My remarks were met with disdain and I was immediately sent to Rome City to get me away from the others...before I polluted others with my "rebellious" attitude.

vpw and lcm thought it was only fair for people sign up as SLAVES.

Remember that lcm did in public what vpw did in private.

lcm, many times, pushed the idea of "bond-slaves" ("doulos") as a HIGHER CALLING.

So, we weren't servants of God, according to twi, we were sons......

...but when they wanted commitments to them, they wanted SLAVES.

So, they tried to make you agree to be their SLAVE- AND PAY ALL YOUR EXPENSES.

Even the most downtrodden slave's expenses were supposed to be covered by

the owner or master. vpw was fond of all commitments going only ONE WAY-

to him and NEVER from him.

Needless to say, it did not end well. I never returned for my final year...I was always amazed at how so many people deferred their own council to twi leadership. Mindless sheep...not to mention that after one year in residence, I saw very little value in their "training" program...after all, I already knew how to pack a suitcase and it never sat well with me that I was paying them to work.

Yes, people paid twi to work for twi, and paid twi for such "gems" as

"how to pack a suitcase" and "how to floss." To waste 4 years of your time and

get 4 years of payments for it, twi had to use a lot of filler to make up

for the lack of substance.

Reading this, I'm reminded of how jealous King Saul was when David began to gain success in spite of him. These young men were already ministering and God was increasing their work. Maybe Wierwille just couldn't bear to think that men 30 years younger were walking more powerfully spiritually than he was. So he pulled them into the Corps and cloned them, or at least tried to. In some cases, regrettably, he was successful.

I'm not-

Saul actually DID stuff before he got jealous of David.

That's why the people thought Saul slew "thousands" and David "ten thousands".

David was more effective, but Saul wasn't useless.

vpw, however, had a tiny local group for more than 2 decades before he heard

of these young men. I don't even think it was JEALOUSY as much as him seeing

RESOURCES rather than PEOPLE. Leonard wasn't an excellent teacher to him-

Leonard was a source for a class he could rip off. Stiles wasn't an excellent

teacher of holy spirit to him- Stiles was a source of a book he could rip off.

So, the House of Acts wasn't effective Christians to him- they were a source

of outreach that he could rip off. So, since he couldn't plagiarize the people,

he tricked them and diverted them into his group so they would stop working for

God for free and start working for him and generate income.

(Class tuitions, tithes and "abundant sharing" were all sources of income.)

• 1 month later...

Reading about the passing of Tommy Crabb [5th corps].......Click Here

and it brings to mind thoughts of the free-wheeling spirit of men like Tommy Crabb and Donnie Fugit

and the Wichita area. What a twisted clone zone the corps program was for such free souls.

It's people like THIS that, I believe, should have been left alone to reach the "unreachable."

And....it points to the utter failure of wierwille wanting to usurp individualism

and attempts to make them into something they weren't........clones.

Did the corps program, the clone zone, help Donnie to "reach others?"

Did a briefcase-totting corps grad carry more power and clout?

Or....did wierwille SIDE-TRACK the dynamic outreach that Donnie and others could have had

just being themselves?

Maybe, a two-month long "summer program" to teach pertinent info to aspiring leaders and such....

but NOT indoctrinate them in a four-year long program of twi-servitude.

Uugh.....with each passing year, I see how deceiving wierwille was in ALL HIS WAYS.

What a coincidence. I check in on Grease Spot periodically and happened to read your post.

The other day I was trying to describe the Way Corps program to my friend and referred to the movie Oblivion to give him a sense of the ideal Way Corps person. IMDB's brief summary of Oblivion is a veteran assigned to extract Earth's remaining resources begins to question what he knows about his mission and himself.... Spoiler Alert Ahead!

As the movie progresses we come to find out Tech 49 Jack Harper [the Tom Cruise character] is one of the many clones made by the enemy to maintain the drones that monitor/protect the aliens' resource sucking machines.

The Way Corps program is similar to a cloning process – by using the parent genetic material of VP [his words & works aka PFAL ad infinitum] a participant's belief system "grows" – or rather morphs into a replica of VP's mindset.

And like the movie Oblivion the Way Corps is tasked with maintaining the drones of PFAL machines [as far back as Beta!] so TWI can continue to suck everyone's resources.

quote: and it brings to mind thoughts of the free-wheeling spirit of men like Tommy Crabb and Donnie Fugit

Donnie and Tommy were just as "freewheeling" in twi as they would have been without twi. They CONSENTED to be in the way corps. They didn't have to clear it through you. Those years were probably the best of their lives. Donnie Fugit once referred to pfal as the "second greatest thing God ever did", the first being the giving of holy spirit in Acts 2. Yes, I was there.

In Jesus' time on earth there was no printing press, no radio, no TV, no internet, no planes, no autos, etc. So you think anybody who uses technology is somehow not of God? Technology is just a byproduct of humanity. It can be used to do good AND evil. It's incidental. So what if VP videotaped a 34 hour class on the bible? So what if he borrowed material from other Christians? He blessed a lot of lives, including yours!

You post endless threads about how f'd up VP was, which paint a dreary, depressing slant on everything that was/is twi, and, yes, if most GSers haven't been to a twig like fellowship in years or decades, then they'll conclude that sure, that's what twi was. Not me, buddy. I go to fellowships regularly. We still do manifestations of holy spirit, still do accurate teachings of the word, and still get blessed by all of the 'above'. Your portrayal of twi is NOT the twi I remember. The word still tastes like honey on my tongue, another Donnie Fugit expression.

How could you have spent 24 years in twi and NOT been blessed by God? Not possible.

How could you have spent 24 years in twi and NOT been blessed by God? Not possible.

Maybe you'd get a clue if vp woulda took a hankerin' for buggerin' little boys and young men. As far as years spent in twi and not being blessed by God? I and others were blessed by God IN SPITE OF twi. Did I yell it loud enough? What don't you get about vp being a liar, thief, user, abuser, sycophant, egotistical fraud, etc.,etc.,etc., Those who defend abusers might want to seek help for their own illness, Stockholm Syndrome. There's no excuse for the damage he did.

I suppose we'll all know who's who and what's what when we all get to the bema. Something about rewards and loss of rewards. Not so sure I'll fare any better than most, but I sure didn't carry out my sins on so many and claim grace covers all, and smear God and Jesus Christ in the process.

Allan, it could have been really interesting if your rellies had treated it as a normal church housegroup, where people can interject and discuss the topic, refer to external sources, and say, "Well, I think it means..." or "What about [some different related section of scripture]? How does that fit with what you're saying about ..."

How nice it is to have freedom of speech!

Allan, it could have been really interesting if your rellies had treated it as a normal church housegroup, where people can interject and discuss the topic, refer to external sources, and say, "Well, I think it means..." or "What about [some different related section of scripture]? How does that fit with what you're saying about ..."

How nice it is to have freedom of speech!

Yeah nah...they know how that kind of freethink goes down...like a plutonium balloon :biglaugh: