GreaseSpot Cafe

Actual Errors in Genesis

Also, languages/migration...in the pacific region there are indigenous people that have migrated across the seas as recently as 800 years  ago and developed their own variations of their original mother tongue. I can  see similar things happening very easily over 5000 years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Allan said:

Also, languages/migration...in the pacific region there are indigenous people that have migrated across the seas as recently as 800 years  ago and developed their own variations of their original mother tongue. I can  see similar things happening very easily over 5000 years

The language in South Korea is rapidly diverging from the language in North Korea. And that's over a span of only 70 years.

10 hours ago, Allan said:

I think that Rafs 180 degree from solid believer to non- believer is a great example of believing who Jesus Christ was/ is.... or not and....like some have said 'it will all come out in the wash' anyhoo...each to their own. I'd rather 'believe' and possibly be wrong. The whole 'snake' chit chat earlier on is interesting from the point of view that satan is called a REPTILE, not necessarily a snake. I've been reading articles and 'conspiracy theories' about demons actually being reptilian in appearance and nature....thoughts anyone ?

True, but you still offer no explanation of why God punished actual snakes because of what Satan did. (Hint: it's not Satan in the original story: that's a retcon. The original story is a fictional myth, and it's talking about a literal snake responsible for snakes now having to slither and eat "dust," which snakes don't do).

"to each their own:" thank you. That is gracious. It doesn't address the issues of this thread but it does address me in a way that is respectful.

Demons, by the way, don't exist. They don't look reptilian, human or anything else.

But okay, if you want wild ass guesses... they actually look like toenails.

:offtopic: Heck, I'm really glad I got some special toenail fungus killer from my doctor.  After 12 months treatment, my horrible-looking toenails are gradually growing out.  You saying, Raf, that I might have been harbouring demons???  :confused:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Raf said:

True, but you still offer no explanation of why God punished actual snakes because of what Satan did. (Hint: it's not Satan in the original story: that's a retcon. The original story is a fictional myth, and it's talking about a literal snake responsible for snakes now having to slither and eat "dust," which snakes don't do).

"to each their own:" thank you. That is gracious. It doesn't address the issues of this thread but it does address me in a way that is respectful.

Demons, by the way, don't exist. They don't look reptilian, human or anything else.

But okay, if you want wild foot guesses... they actually look like toenails.

Raf, I beg to differ with you; Demons do exist!  I know one lives here in DC!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1