GreaseSpot Cafe

NAME THAT ROCK or ROLL SONG

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the title should be something like

"You Don't Know How It Feels", by Tom Petty.

Personally, I'm ok returning to "Name that Tune" because this thread

is VERY limited in its scope and it's a lot of work to come up

with new songs, especially after a while.

Then the title should be something like

"You Don't Know How It Feels", by Tom Petty.

Personally, I'm ok returning to "Name that Tune" because this thread

is VERY limited in its scope and it's a lot of work to come up

with new songs, especially after a while.

Yeah, that's it. And I'm alright with taking it back to the tune thread.

I liked that song because it had both the key words.

• 3 months later...

I might hear about this but I've been listening to some different music lately (just different stations on the radio) and this thread still seems like it's got some life left in it. However, I admit it can be challenging to come up with other songs having the words rock or roll in the lyrics. And if anyone wants to play that will be fine. If not, that will be fine too.

Time was drifting

this rocker's got to roll

So I hit the road and made my getaway

Restless feeling, really got a hold

I started searching for a better way

Edited by Human without the bean

• 3 months later...

I might hear about this but I've been listening to some different music lately (just different stations on the radio) and this thread still seems like it's got some life left in it. However, I admit it can be challenging to come up with other songs having the words rock or roll in the lyrics. And if anyone wants to play that will be fine. If not, that will be fine too.

Time was drifting

this rocker's got to roll

So I hit the road and made my getaway

Restless feeling, really got a hold

I started searching for a better way

I guess that's that. That song was Couldn't Get It Right by some blues band.

Edited by Human without the bean

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2014 at 0:01 AM, Human without the bean said:

Here's a new game.

Use a song lyric that has either the words Rock or Roll in them. Or both. The use of rock'n or rolling is alright too.

As long as either word is in the song.

The object of the game is to guess the song title. The artist is not necessary.

Use a single lyric or several lyrics just use enough lyrics to allow room for guessing.

Note: It's a lot tougher than it sounds. It seems that many songs use these words in the chorus, and it often ends up being the name of the song.

I'll start.

I took my loved one over cross the tracks

So she can hear my man a wailing sax

I must admit they have a ROCKIN' band

They was blowin' like a hurricane

Chuck Berry, Johnny Be Good!

Grace,

When playing these games, it probably does help to start at the beginning, to learn the rules, but then you want to go to the LAST post, to find out where we are.  You're trying to answer one which was answered three years ago (by me, coincidentally).  That song, by the way, is "Rock and Roll Music," by the Beatles, and others.  We quit playing this a while ago, because it was getting too hard to find songs with "rock" or "roll" in the lyrics, where that lyric wasn't also the song title.  If you'd like to re-start the thread, give us a clue (i.e., a lyric).  I'm game!  (And I'm always happy to see new players join the fold!)

George

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

We quit playing this a while ago, because it was getting too hard to find songs with "rock" or "roll" in the lyrics, where that lyric wasn't also the song title.  If you'd like to re-start the thread, give us a clue (i.e., a lyric).  I'm game!  (And I'm always happy to see new players join the fold!)

George

Me too.  I'm just checkin' in, I've been here, I just haven't been playin'! 

Depending on the genre of music that you're into I think determines whether or not songs become hard to come up with.  We're pretty much stuck with rock songs (because it's rock n' roll of course, and that is what we grew up with), but if someone's into "heavy metal, or country, or blues" it could mean a bunch of more songs that wouldn't be difficult for them because that's what they're into. 

Hey I'm into all kinds of music so if someone plays I'll attempt to fathom a guess.

• 2 years later...
Just now, Human without the bean said:

I don't care if you never come home

I don't mind if you just keep ROLLING away on a distant sea

Cause I don't love you and you don't love me

Almost two years to the day since anyone's posted.  There are literally thousands of songs with either both words ROCK or ROLL in them.  I don't know country songs that well but it seems to me that if I did I could find hundreds of songs with those words just judging how country music has evolved.  It has rock it it now.  A lot of it.  So, until I run out of songs that have those words I am going to continue to post them.  :wink2:

On 6/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, Human without the bean said:

I don't care if you never come home

I don't mind if you just keep ROLLING away on a distant sea

Cause I don't love you and you don't love me

Apparently after checking the lyrics to Promises by ~Eric Clapton~ I found that the word ROLLING is actually rowing instead.  Which makes sense.  Forfeit this one then.