GreaseSpot Cafe

Even the faithful were told to leave

frank123lol

Something that bothered me for years.While I was still going.What the did to the faithful the ones who had spent many years at "HQ"

They started to have health issues and were told to leave.Some of the "Legends who worked on Way rag the concordance who had seen the "originals in extent"

Told to pack up move on with their family.Told they could not stay very long if they came back to visit.Given a paltry retirement.i was told but will not say out of respect

to present family.Wrote books that were heavily edited to conform to said line.

In twi,

one thing that's always been true is that people are DISPOSABLE.

As soon as someone is/was a liability, off they go. They're sent home.

Family they were told to blow off for twi are expected to support them

without explanation- because the family that wasn't in twi was

disposable, also. In fact, to twi, nearly everyone is/was DISPOSABLE.

When vpw himself wasn't the President, he was partly ignored!

Anyone else was worse off. That was poetic justice, since even lcm

documented that an acute medical attack meant someone was dismissed

from the corps or sent home from staff, and we HOPE they get home

safely because twi isn't going to actually make any EFFORT to make

sure the person got home.

You would think, if twi wasn't all-talk but had substance, that if someone

on-staff had medical problems, they would take the person aside, pray

with them (in a large group if necessary) and deliver the person of whatever

the medical problem was. Instead, any significant problem meant to

say something mean to the person (it's their fault), then send them

off staff because otherwise twi would have to PAY MONEY to actually

HELP PEOPLE rather than just talking about helping people.

Edited by WordWolf

• 2 weeks later...

In twi,

one thing that's always been true is that people are DISPOSABLE.

As soon as someone is/was a liability, off they go. They're sent home.

Family they were told to blow off for twi are expected to support them

without explanation- because the family that wasn't in twi was

disposable, also. In fact, to twi, nearly everyone is/was DISPOSABLE.

When vpw himself wasn't the President, he was partly ignored!

Anyone else was worse off. That was poetic justice, since even lcm

documented that an acute medical attack meant someone was dismissed

from the corps or sent home from staff, and we HOPE they get home

safely because twi isn't going to actually make any EFFORT to make

sure the person got home.

You would think, if twi wasn't all-talk but had substance, that if someone

on-staff had medical problems, they would take the person aside, pray

with them (in a large group if necessary) and deliver the person of whatever

the medical problem was. Instead, any significant problem meant to

say something mean to the person (it's their fault), then send them

off staff because otherwise twi would have to PAY MONEY to actually

HELP PEOPLE rather than just talking about helping people.

What are they doing there if they don't actually believe God's Word? They obviously don't if it doesn't occur to them to heal people instead of throwing them out.

I was at Corps Week and had a breakdown (partly due to being in Mississippi and having the worst time of my life) and no one prayed for me. They kicked me out. I was also signed up to go WOW and didn't really want to go - it was the only option I saw available to me for a new ASSignment. Ah what a great life that was. I'm glad I flipped out. Got me out of there. Would have been a perfect time to get out totally but I still didn't see that TWI was

I've never fully understood this concept but I know it's very real. We see it frequently in the corporate world, as well. Oftentimes, the most competent people are the very ones who are subjected to bully tactics and forced to move on. Meanwhile, the narcissists and psychopaths seem to find their way to the top and are rewarded for bad behavior.

too sad for words outie and wg.....

you should have done the mog man and then you would have been okay for a while - maybe even ordained

people are to be used

things are to be loved

That ol' ViPer !

He sure did love himself to a lot of the ladies and he sure did love to use that motorcoach to do so. :blink:

And,... I have come to the opinion that female ordination was his way of putting 4 or 5 stars on the cover of his Preyboy magazine. <_<

Eph 6:2,3 "Honor your father and mother"—this is the first commandment with a promise: "so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth."

From Ex 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Ps 68:6 God setteth the solitary in families...

We are (supposedly) all the family of God. And we should respect those who have helped up, raised us up. Take care of them. Heck, likely we are all going to be old one day.

And not just because those old-timers in the Word (stay with me!) have been around for a long time. We are supposed to be kind even to our enemies. Even to those who hate us. How much better should we treat those who have been the faithful?

Seems to me that there is a record of very old people hanging around and still serving in the temple. Simeon - a very old man whose eyes saw the longed-for Messiah and blessed the infant Jesus when he came in to be circumcised. The prophetess Anna, who had served in the temple for decades - she would have been very old in a culture that old age might well have come early.

It's often said that it's how a society looks after its most vulnerable that shows what sort of society it really is.

And TWI is adept at casting out anyone at any age who has some problem that slows them down. I just wonder how long it is since Rosalie ran round the grounds for half an hour.

I've never fully understood this concept but I know it's very real. We see it frequently in the corporate world, as well. Oftentimes, the most competent people are the very ones who are subjected to bully tactics and forced to move on. Meanwhile, the narcissists and psychopaths seem to find their way to the top and are rewarded for bad behavior.

In the corporate world, it makes more sense- flash and IMAGINED substance

count for more than in an "industry" where helping others is a standard.

In the corporate world, less effective companies can easily take for granted

the workers who do their job without complaining and never cause problems.

It's not that they're intentionally chased off, it's that they get tired of

being ignored and under-rewarded, so they find a better job with more respect

elsewhere.

"It's not that they're intentionally chased off, it's that they get tired of

being ignored and under-rewarded, so they find a better job with more respect

elsewhere."

Sometimes they do get chased off, intentionally set up and fired. The only explanation I can think of is that the incompetent bullies are afraid their deficiencies will be exposed so they eliminate anyone who can potentially expose them. .

It all begins at the top...whether it be a religious group or a corporation...when the ceo or whoever is in charge has disregard for others, a lack of loyalty and is willing to throw people under the bus for his own advantage, a culture is formed. He surrounds himself with others of the same ilk and this kind of treatment becomes institutionalized and prevalent throughout the entire organization.