GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Corps Facebook site finally opens up

GrouchoMarxJr

In case anyone is interested, John Richeson's Way Corps site on facebook has changed dramatically...As some of you may know, Richeson started this site in an effort to bring the waycorps back to life...like the Phoenix rising from the ashes...he would only allow positive statements to be made about twi..."our father in the werd", etc and all the good times until you were ready to barf. Anyone who even hinted that some things in twi were not always good...he censored them immediately by deleting the post and oftentimes blocking the poster...Well...under pressure from various posters (Ralph D.), today he stepped down and named a new moderator who allows anything and everything to be posted...people are coming out of the woodwork talking about sexual abuse, lies, deceit, being screwed over, etc etc etc...LOL...about frickin' time. The truth of the matter is that what Richeson was trying to do there was dishonest...and he knew it...I'm glad he caved in because I never liked the guy and I hated what he was trying to do. A lot of people there are fleeing...boo hoo..."don't say anything bad about gawd's ministry boo hoo"...good riddance to those kool aid drinkers. May they all suck pond water...I might even throw in a post or two now that they have opened it up to honest opinions... :)

Groucho....thanks for the info, although I seriously doubt that I will check it out.

Time and time again, I've shared the good, the bad and the ugly of the corps.

Lots of good people. Lots of talented people. Lots of young people (back then)

just trying to love God and find their way in life.

Then....there were the bad and ugly stemming from twi-doctrine. The hardness of heart

and rigid conformity. The indoctrination to all things spoken by mog. The bullying.

And, the predators at upper levels. Bad, rotten fruit from a poisoned tree.

Whatever they had over there at Richeson's website, I don't know. Never had a desire

to look at it. Some corps STILL like to maintain their clichés and fiefdoms of elitism.

The "research" geeks. The arrogant souls of days long ago. They have their reward.

And, they can showcase their wierwille-brand edsel. It failed in every road test

on God's highways, the HIGHways of LIFE.

But, for me.....I've said my say. After 15 years of posting on Waydale and GS,

I'm pretty much done here and am sure not going to join in that Facebook account

to rehash it again. Good for RalphD to confront their warped nostalgia and the

REAL MOTIVES OF THE CORPS TRAINING.

The dawn of another day is here.

The link...you may have to ask Howard Walker (new moderator) for permission to join, if you can't find it....he's on facebook

Way Corps FaceBook Group

It's a secret group. That means it isn't subject to search engines cataloging the posts. The only way you can become a member is if you are invited.

You can be invited by any member, but might have to be approved by Walker.

I'm not a member but have several who are.

if i got on that site somehow with my facebook name, would other people (from my high school) be able to see that i was on that weird secret place ?

or do i have to do another facebook identity?

thank you

Some sites, like GSC you can sign in anonymously or don't sign in at all. That way nobody know's who you are.

If it's a "closed group", only members of the group can see it.

It's a secret group. That's even more private than "closed."

You're supposed to use your real name on Facebook. But if you join that group, what you post to it can only be read by those in the group.

Search engines can't find that information.

I only know about it because for a time I was a member (it's been a couple of years). I got tired of the politics of people like Ralph G and Jeff W***ace. JW and some others still thought/think TWI is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

From what others have told me about recent history in the group, it took going through quite a bit of turbulence to emerge from the heavy handed "only say nice things about TWI" BS originally imposed by the founder of the group. That founder had also started the WC Ning website that stirred things up here at GSC in 2008/2009.

I still don't have a desire to rejoin the group, but as I understand it, several women have been relieved that they've had the opportunity to share their own real life experiences with wierwille and/or martindale.

green card comment priceless

i know howard i think i tried to find him but there were so many of them i didn't know which one

where the heck is he from

ps. hello garth lol

Ohio. Don't know if he's living there now, but I visited him in Dayton in the late 1990s.

Wait wait....John R didn't want to talk about the bad of TWI????? But he was on here doing that very thing! He's one of the folks I talked to offline during my transition.

Weird.

Excie, PM me if you want me to invite you. I just got joined into the site (first look at it this evg).

Unfortunately I see other women writing about being assaulted (with variations on your story). You won't be alone there.

• 2 weeks later...

so far i haven't been invited but i haven't check just recently

either howard is lazy or i'm not let in because i won't use my real name. well, i don't want it that bad i guess

i heard all hell broke loose for regular wayferish reasons -- it's a "social network" as long as you love V - prucking - W

and ralph is the savior and if you don't think so bye bye stuff like that. big surprise barf lol

so far i haven't been invited but i haven't check just recently

either howard is lazy or i'm not let in because i won't use my real name. well, i don't want it that bad i guess

i heard all hell broke loose for regular wayferish reasons -- it's a "social network" as long as you love V - prucking - W

and ralph is the savior and if you don't think so bye bye stuff like that. big surprise barf lol

I understand you are also new to Facebook overall. It takes some effort to establish your identity in that social network.

That's not for wayferish reasons. In order for people to trust you, they have to know you're really who you say you are.

There has been an epidemic of people establishing fake/duplicate FB profiles to steal people's identities.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, for the people who, in that group, to feel safe spilling their guts, they probably become less than comfortable when someone shows up or tries to show up

and won't identify themselves.

I'm not in that group, so I don't know anything more specific than that broad general concept. And I'm not friends with the Howard who moderates the group.