GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

No, but he did play Dr something Bruce Banner, the scientist who turned INTO The Hulk when his work went wrong.

(I call him "something" because his first name changed.  The very first time was a young, sloppy Stan Lee using alliteration to remember full names of Peter Parker, Reed Richards, etc. He remembered Banner's first name started with "B".  So, it was Bruce Banner. And when he forgot, it was Bob Banner. Eventual explanation- Robert Bruce Banner's name included both. (Star Trek novels used a similar excuse when Riker ended up with 2 middle names, both starting with "T".)   And then the TV show came along and made him "David Bruce Banner." If Stan's writing at the time was correct, he was confused as to why, and never given a reason, and didn't like it.  But Bill Bixby played "DAVID Bruce Banner", (shown written on his headstone from his presumed death), called "David Banner" for the entire run of his role.

Despite that, it was all clearly meant to be the same character, creative interpretations notwithstanding.

That's correct.  I think the "David" Banner was used on TV because "Bruce" sounded gay.  One might then ask about Bruce Wayne, but (A) he was around decades longer, and (B) there WERE accusations (Seduction of the Innocent) that his affection for Dick might not have been wholly platonic.

Anyway, I don't think that Ruffalo or Bana actually played the Hulk, either, as those were CGI insertions.

Human had the right idea, but I'm giving it to WW.

George

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

OH yeah.  Well then, how about the guy David Banner.

1 hour ago, Raf said:

You're out of order, Human. 

:)

WW answered that one, Human.  We're doing his, now:

Sonny Wortzik              Arthur Kirkland            Steve Burns

though we could use more names...

George

On 8/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, Raf said:

You're out of order, Human. 

:)

No Raf.  I think this website is out of order.  It's broken.  I don't think its a moderator's job too fix that.  As you know I have had a lot of issues with this site in terms of login and passwords.  I probably didn't know that WordWolf had already answered it because I hadn't logged in yet and when I found George's response, the page hadn't forwarded yet to that point on the thread, and so with that in mind I figured it was still my turn.  What's up with that unhappy face dude?  Anyway, out of order I'll give you out of order.  If I were the man I used to be 5 years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place.  Out of order.  I'll give you out of order.  What kind of show you running here?.  I digress. 

21 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Sorry.

Sonny Wortzik         Arthur Kirkland         Steve Burns

Ivan Travalian      Tom Dobb           Frank Keller

Richard "Ricky" Roma      John Pappas       Lowell Bergman

No fricken idea WW.

Just now, Human without the bean said:

Am I logged in or off?  I have too check.

Oh goodness.  I am logged in!  

Sorry but, for those who play, it perplexes me why I keep getting logged out after logging in for a while?  Taking a few browses away from Greasespot and then, after coming back I seem to be logged out?  Irritating to say the least!  

12 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

No Raf.  I think this website is out of order.  It's broken.  I don't think its a moderator's job too fix that.  As you know I have had a lot of issues with this site in terms of login and passwords.  I probably didn't know that WordWolf had already answered it because I hadn't logged in yet and when I found George's response, the page hadn't forwarded yet to that point on the thread, and so with that in mind I figured it was still my turn.  What's up with that unhappy face dude?  Anyway, out of order I'll give you out of order.  If I were the man I used to be 5 years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place.  Out of order.  I'll give you out of order.  What kind of show you running here?.  I digress. 

Was that your guess, Human? 

BTW, before I post on a page, if I reload it, any new posts show up on the bottom where they belong.  For some reason, when you first post on a page, you don't see it drop to its proper position, but reloading the page corrects that.

Francis Lionel "Lion" Delbuchi        Lt Vincent Hanna

Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero      Tony D'Amato    Harry Levine

This is one of the winners of the acting Triple Crown. (Oscar, Tony, Emmy.)

13 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Francis Lionel "Lion" Delbuchi        Lt Vincent Hanna

Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero      Tony D'Amato    Harry Levine

This is one of the winners of the acting Triple Crown. (Oscar, Tony, Emmy.)

For the curious, Pacino had a lot of roles, some of which weren't the title character.  Among those were: Sonny Wortzik in "Dog Day Afternoon"("ATTICA! ATTICA!") , Arthur Kirkland in "And Justice For All" ("YOU'RE out of order!  I'M out of order!...") Ivan Travalian in "Author! Author!" , Frank Keller in "Sea Of Love",  Lt Vincent Hanna in "Heat", Richard "Ricky" Roma in "Glengarry Glen Ross", Benjamin "Lefty" Ruggiero in "Donnie Brasco",  and Tony D'Amato in "Any Given Sunday". (Plus others I didn't identify and still others I didn't use.)  He's been around, that's for sure. 

On 8/9/2018 at 10:11 AM, WordWolf said:

Was that your guess, Human? 

BTW, before I post on a page, if I reload it, any new posts show up on the bottom where they belong.  For some reason, when you first post on a page, you don't see it drop to its proper position, but reloading the page corrects that.

No, but I should give that a try (refresh) a couple of times while browsing GSC.  Worst that could happen maybe I get logged out and I'm used to that..

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Welcome to the game JayDee!

I suppose we should wait for Raf, but I know that Gibson played Benjamin Martin in "The Patriot."

Do you know what to do, now?

George

Didn’t know it was a game. Hope I didn’t mess anything up for you guys. Just happened on the question and saw Rev. Graham Hess. I really enjoy M. Knight Shyamalan films. 

11 minutes ago, JayDee said:

Didn’t know it was a game. Hope I didn’t mess anything up for you guys. Just happened on the question and saw Rev. Graham Hess. I really enjoy M. Knight Shyamalan films. 

Please join the game, by all means!   We encourage new players!

Several of these threads are games.  "Name that" "Mash Up" "Before and after" "Triple movie links"  are all games. The first post in such a thread explains the rules.  You wandered in and took this round quite handily.  Congratulations.

Now it is your turn.  What you do is, you think of either an actor who has had several roles (not truly obscure like Kevin Seal or something) or a role that has had several actors (voice actors count.)   Since you're providing the clues, looking things up is expected- you need to give accurate clues. (Wikipedia and Imdb are good for this.)   You post either 3 roles of the character, or 3 actors who played this role.  Usually, you do NOT begin with the best-known roles.    Personally, I like to pick actors who have many, many roles and post either 6 or 9 roles at a time, in sets of 3.  (That's not required.)  We do need to keep the thread moving, so after several days, the clues should become obvious, having arrived there in small steps. (When I posted Pacino, I eventually was going to get to Serpico, Tony Montana, etc if nobody got the less famous roles.) 

The rest of us try to guess.  We are NOT allowed to look it up. If we look it up, we admit it and disqualify ourselves. (Otherwise, where is the game? Anyone can look this up, there's no challenge in that.)  

Please take the turn you earned fairly, and post 3 roles of an actor, or 3 actors for a role!

Yeah.  What WordWolf said.

Please try out any of the other game threads, too.  As WW said, the first post in the thread gives the rules.  For convenience, I added a thread, pinned to the top of the forum, which explains all the games.  The basic rule is that none of the games is a test of googling skill.  Oh, and that the person who correctly guesses an answer gets to post the next puzzle.  And if you don't know an answer, feel free to say that you don't know.  That encourages the poster to post more clues.

George