GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

JayDee,

It wasn't that long ago that we had more than a dozen players for the games.  Over time, though, it's come down to a core (Corps?) of four of us, so we're always anxious to get "new blood."

This one has two versions.  You can either choose an actor/actress and start listing roles they've had in movies or TV.  Alternatively, you can pick a character (real or fictional) which has been portrayed by a number of actors (as WW points out, some of these can be voice actors, in the case of cartoons), and start listing the actors.  The first choice is easier, since all you have to do is choose the actor/actress and look him/her up in Imdb or other listing.  If you do that, you might want to start out with less obvious roles (for instance "Derek Lutz" rather than "Tony Stark" for Robert Downey, Jr.) and then give more obvious clues, if needed.

Try it!  You'll like it!

George

Do you really think any of us is a walking encyclopedia of movies?  I'm actually pretty pitiful at this, but I keep playing  because it's actually fun!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

https://www.imdb.com/?ref_=nv_home

Look up a movie with either website. Look up an actor with either website.   I honestly know a few names of roles Pacino has played, and I posted none of them!  I looked up his stuff on Wikipedia. There's a page dedicated just to his roles.  (I prefer Wikipedia because it usually posts full names of roles, and sometimes IMdB skips part of a name.) 

Sometimes, if I'm blanking on an idea, I just look around Wikiquote.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Main_Page

Honestly. Think of an actor. Look up the actor on Wikipedia and IMdB.   Choose 3 roles he played that had names (preferably full ones) that are not instantly identifiable.  We try to recognize the actor (or hit it with a good guess.)  If we miss, post 3 more roles, possibly more famous. Repeat process until we guess it or until you're posting nothing but his best-known roles (or hers.) 

• 1 month later...

Not sure why I didn't answer this yesterday, but Sam Carmichael was the giveaway for me.

Of course, hearing this guy sing was the equivalent of having my ears involuntarily pierced.

Get it!?!?!

Never hire someone named PIERCE to sing.

Brosnan. Pierce Brosnan. 

11 hours ago, Raf said:

He wasn't a doctor.

He does get a title in the course of the movie, but before that he's just plain old...

.......... ??

I don't think I've seen even one movie with this actor. 

Jimmy Stewart.

(No, not even "It's a Wonderful Life.")

But I do know that he "went to Washington" at some point.

Ok, this one is going to be a tough one. I'm hoping someone gets it before I post the very last name- which is by far his most famous role and should elicit his name immediately.

Michael Sutherland      Beebo Crozier      Erik Destler        Anthony Wager        Paul Chevalier          Bill Gartley  

Raymond Beaumont       Professor Wexler      Jackson "Jack" Roth        Bernie Garces      Erroll Douglas     Jack Sampson

Michael Sutherland      Beebo Crozier      Erik Destler        Anthony Wager        Paul Chevalier          Bill Gartley  

Raymond Beaumont       Professor Wexler      Jackson "Jack" Roth        Bernie Garces      Erroll Douglas     Jack Sampson

Felix Faust    Dormammu       Ray Buxley       Dr Stanly Wheelwright         Samuel Lee    Detective Gassner

Jim Bickerman      Dr TelAmeriCorp     Dr James Aldohn     Ernest "Ernie" Trainor       Edward Kent     Dennis Shothoffer