GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

5 hours ago, Raf said:

English not well to me.

I wasn't entirely sure, because multiple people have played the role of Destler.

Gerard Butler

Lon Cheney

Claude Raines

But for some reason I fixated on Willie.

Not any cast member of "Lost" nor anybody you mentioned.   No matter what his family name sounds like, the actor was born in and has lived in the US for probably all his life.  In fact, he was briefly up for the role of Han Solo and was the guy who told Mark Hamill to get off his (the guy's) couch and go audition for the role of Luke Skywalker!

Michael Sutherland      Beebo Crozier      Erik Destler        Anthony Wager        Paul Chevalier          Bill Gartley  

Raymond Beaumont       Professor Wexler      Jackson "Jack" Roth        Bernie Garces      Erroll Douglas     Jack Sampson

Felix Faust    Dormammu       Ray Buxley       Dr Stanly Wheelwright         Samuel Lee    Detective Gassner

Jim Bickerman      Dr TelAmeriCorp     Dr James Aldohn     Ernest "Ernie" Trainor       Edward Kent     Dennis Shothoffer

Dr Peter Andover    Mr Hezekiah Confab     Wayne Jackson    Rory Columbus    Ian Essko      Mr Doust

Professor Gordon Crowley    Sheriff Roger Berger      Doc Halloran    Sampson Dunston        Mayor George W. Buckman     Dr Anton Rudolph

3 hours ago, Raf said:

And Willie.

Robert Englund

I was so confident nobody would even know Englund played Willie, let alone remember Willie from one name, that I didn't even consider looking him up for inclusion in the list.

(Willie was a character in the original "V" and "V-the Final Battle." IIRC, he was the "visitor" who looked for a mouse outdoors where he could have been seen.)      So, I didn't connect the name when you mentioned it. 

So, yes, this was Robert Englund, the man who will always be remembered for playing Freddy Krueger in the "Nightmare on Elm St" franchise.

Willie was the "nice" visitor who was originally slated for assignment to the Middle East but sent to Los Angeles at the last minute. As such, his English often left a lot to be desired.

"Excuse please, I am just."

He meant "lost."

"I guess I'm not what you would call an ox."

"That's FOX, you dope!"

The visitor who went looking for a mouse where he could have been seen was someone else entirely.

Destler, of course, was the actual name of the Phantom of the Opera -- in the Robert Englund version of the tale.

Thanks for clearing all that up. I haven't seen that since the original airing.  Only 1-2 moments stick with me, like the "Mousie...." scene, and the end of the first movie, with the Holocaust survivor telling/showing the kids how to resist.   That and their first appearance where they step out and put on the Chilean miner sunglasses.  That's about it.  

I didn't realize there was a version where the Phantom WAS named. (For all I know, most of them do, but it's news to me.)

"Robbie? This is Urich. Get ready to replate the front page. I've got a REAL story.."

Unless he appeared in a Spiderman movie, Ben Urich only appeared in 'DareDevil", where he was played by JOE PANTOLIANO.

Was Bob Keane "Bobbo"???   Was Doc Robbins from a season 1 "Highlander" episode?

*slaps forehead*  Snake was from "Running Scared." (Duh.)     

Cosmo Renfro sounds familiar. Was he a Federal Marshall in "the Fugitive"?

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Jesus?

George

YES.

I didn't even have to bring in Caviezel or something.     Who would expect MAX VON SYDOW to be cast as Jesus?

I was prepping a round about Victor Garber, and saw that one of his first cinematic roles was as Jesus in "Godspell."   Obviously, lots of actors have played him in movies over the decades.  Seriously, though- Sydow?

On 10/22/2018 at 11:35 PM, WordWolf said:

.......... ??

I don't think I've seen even one movie with this actor. 

Jimmy Stewart.

(No, not even "It's a Wonderful Life.")

But I do know that he "went to Washington" at some point.

Your weird WordWolf.  Who hasn't seen It's a Wonderful Life?

On 11/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, WordWolf said:

Mrs Wolf, I'm pretty sure. In fact, my parents never saw it, and we didn't see it growing up, either.

Then that makes you even weirder WordWolf.  If you were 21 or so I could understand.  anyway...