GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Other than the previous clues I dropped, Mrs Wolf said to mention "THE GREEN FAIRY" (which is a nickname for something.)  She got it from the first 3 names plus a guess- then again, she's been around me and hearing what made me think of this character/real person. 

For the curious, Peter Sellers played a character who dressed as him, and Mel Brooks played a character who intentionally did an "impression" of him.

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I have not seen "Moulin Rouge."  I HAVE seen "Blazing Saddles."  I remember Mel Brooks playing the Governor and also an Indian chief, but I don't get the "impression" part.

George

The Governor did an impression of someone.  He even accompanied it with music he vocalized.  IIRC, it was when he visited the town.

22 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The Governor did an impression of someone.  He even accompanied it with music he vocalized.  IIRC, it was when he visited the town.

Actually, he did 2 impressions- one of Harpo Marx and one of this person.    Even if that reminds you of nothing, at least look back at the 3 clues I dropped before mentioning "the green fairy" (absinthe)  in the preceding posts.

Name the character.

Jose Ferrer

Vincent Menjou Cortes

John Leguizamo

(No, this one should not be easy, but I thought I'd try a short round in between some others.)

Not a Spaniard, and he wasn't painted as a nobleman in any version of him that made it to the theaters.

Peter Sellers (sorta)

Règis Royer

Mel Brooks (sorta)

(I didn't think this would be so hard to win.... )

Other than the previous clues I dropped, Mrs Wolf said to mention "THE GREEN FAIRY" (which is a nickname for something.)  She got it from the first 3 names plus a guess- then again, she's been around me and hearing what made me think of this character/real person. 

For the curious, Peter Sellers played a character who dressed as him, and Mel Brooks played a character who intentionally did an "impression" of him.

Actually, he did 2 impressions- one of Harpo Marx and one of this person.    Even if that reminds you of nothing, at least look back at the 3 clues I dropped before mentioning "the green fairy" (absinthe)  in the preceding posts.

Guessing this Frenchman is NOT a tall order.

(Brad Majors was the guy who stumbled his way through Dr Frankenfurter's mansion in "the Rocky Horror Picture Show."  Whenever he says his full name, the audience insults him.)

Ok, classic role, since we have a Barrymore and Orson Welles.  William Hurt in a classic role suggest something classical and British.  Cautious to avoid spoilers, I looked up "Lethal Weapon" and confirmed Danny Glover was the other cop, the one who was getting too old for this.   He's African-American.

I'm thinking Shakespeare.

Although it's not ridiculous to see a "black" man playing a (white)  Shakepearean role, it's also not ridiculous for the reverse.  So, which direction do I guess?

I'm going with the title role of The Moor of Venice.  My guess is "OTHELLO."

(This was actually an Irish role, spelled "O'thello." Most people drop the apostrophe.  ;)   )

Jon Rubin       Sam Nicoletti       Bruce Pearson         Alfredo Berlinghieri        Monroe Stahr         Jimmy Doyle 

Lloyd Barker     Mario Trantino     John Civello      Michael Vronsky        Desmond  Spellacy       Rupert Pupkin

Jon Rubin       Sam Nicoletti       Bruce Pearson         Alfredo Berlinghieri        Monroe Stahr         Jimmy Doyle 

Lloyd Barker     Mario Trantino     John "Johnny Boy"  Civello      Michael Vronsky        Desmond "Des" Spellacy       Rupert Pupkin

David "Noodles" Aaronson                Frank Raftis                  Archibald "Harry" Tuttle    

Rodrigo Mendoza                  Louis Cyphre          Jack Walsh