GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

I don't know where you're going with that, so I can't tell if you're on the right track.

I can tell you that a little kid could figure this one out. Only goes to show what little people can do.

22 hours ago, Raf said:

I don't know where you're going with that, so I can't tell if you're on the right track.

I can tell you that a little kid could figure this one out. Only goes to show what little people can do.

Since you don't know, I was obviously way off.

Ah, now it must be one of the principals from "Les Miserables." 

I'll go with Jean Val-  no, Mrs Wolf said Geoffrey Rush didn't play Valjean, so I'll go with

INSPECTOR JAVERT.

John Barrymore             Conrad Veidt           Frederic March         Spencer Tracy       Christopher Lee      Udo Kier

Boris Karloff     Paul Massie        Ralph Bates         Mark Blankfield         Anthony Perkins        Leonard Nimoy

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

One would think that a star lineup like that would be a giveaway.  I'm just having trouble seeing Boris Karlov and Leonard Nimoy in the same role.

Frankenstein's monster?

George

I have trouble picturing that, too.  However, there's a logical reason they both managed it despite looking so different.  (No, there's not some cleverly-hidden clue there.)

It's not Frankenstein, nor his monster,

1 hour ago, Raf said:

I'm thinking Sherlock Holmes.

No..  For that matter, I don't think ACD himself ever wrote about this character.    There's an odd piece of trivia I'll mention at the end of the round, however (not that it would help in the guessing.)

John Barrymore             Conrad Veidt           Frederic March         Spencer Tracy       Christopher Lee      Udo Kier

Boris Karloff     Paul Massie        Ralph Bates         Mark Blankfield         Anthony Perkins        Leonard Nimoy

Tony Todd      David Hasselhoff    John Malkovich     Jason Flemyng   

2 hours ago, Raf said:

Or Mr. Edward Hyde

I made sure each of these specifically was credited as Jekyll- not all roles are played by the same actor, either as voice actors, or in older plays or movies.    BTW, which one got you thinking- Malkovich?

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I have NO idea what that means.

George

Once you went to dinner, and a staffer there left a post-it on your shoulder-blade because he had asked to use your shoulder-blades in an experiment he was working on.  That was when you ate at the Jekyll-and-Hyde Club.   (The guy also considered using the bottom of my hair, as well.)

On 5/7/2019 at 2:14 PM, WordWolf said:

No..  For that matter, I don't think ACD himself ever wrote about this character.    There's an odd piece of trivia I'll mention at the end of the round, however (not that it would help in the guessing.)

Someone once wrote a Jekyll-and-Hyde story where Holmes was hired to investigate.  

IIRC, the J-&-H story is now in the public domain, as is all the earlier stuff from ACD about Sherlock Holmes (basically, anything before Reichenbach Falls.)

10 hours ago, WordWolf said:

Once you went to dinner, and a staffer there left a post-it on your shoulder-blade because he had asked to use your shoulder-blades in an experiment he was working on.  That was when you ate at the Jekyll-and-Hyde Club.   (The guy also considered using the bottom of my hair, as well.)

I STILL don't know what you're talking about.

George

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I STILL don't know what you're talking about.

George

I OBVIOUSLY have been running around a BIT too fast lately.  

George has no memory of this because it wasn't George this happened to- it was Mark Sanguinetti this happened to!   I wonder how he's doing.