GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

20 hours ago, Raf said:

Sean Hayes, who did a stellar job as Larry Fine

That's right!  I forgot about the recent Three Stooges movie.  FWIW, I think John Kassir did a "Fine" job playing Larry in a made-for-TV movie about the Stooges.  Also starring Paul Ben-Victor as Moe and Michael Chiklis as Curly.

George

• 2 weeks later...

George Prager          Ostap Bender           Harry Crystal         Akmed Khazzan          Harold Canterbury      James Tiernan

Thomas De La Plata         Leland Carver          Jeffrey Roston            Bob Alexander          Noah Banes              Vic Grimes

George Prager          Ostap Bender           Harry Crystal         Akmed Khazzan          Harold Canterbury      James Tiernan

Thomas De La Plata         Leland Carver          Jeffrey Roston            Bob Alexander          Noah Banes              Vic Grimes

"Wild Bill" Burgess       Perry Needham Krohn         Boris Balkan          Robert Denright        Blaine De Castillon         Edgar Price

1 hour ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Some of those names seem familiar, but I'm not getting it, yet.

George

Of course, this is an actor you've heard of, and not some  "Who? Who?  Who?"  person who played extras for his entire career.   Hopefully, the answer will come to you soon. (  None of that was any type of clue.)

"Wild Bill" Burgess       Perry Needham Krohn         Boris Balkan          Robert Denright        Blaine De Castillon         Edgar Price

Godfrey Winters          William Paley        Ned Bears             Leonard Schiller        Louis Zabel         Sanford Marks

Warner Dax       Warren Burger        Anthony Molina         Sam Bloom           Francis Tucker        Tim Geer

Godfrey Winters          William Paley        Ned Bears             Leonard Schiller        Louis Zabel         Sanford Marks

Warner Dax       Warren Burger        Anthony Molina         Sam Bloom           Francis Tucker        Tim Geer

Michael Romani    Carey Robins      Harry Tass    Jimmy Lewin     Diego Vega     Jean LaFitte     John Adams

Sherlock Holmes     Frederic Auguste Bartholdi      Jaro Essa     Gerald Bull      Goddard Fulton       Jackson Burns

Dr. Earl Hill       Alex Segal      Senator Richard Russell        Commodore Francis Stoat

After this, I go to the easy names, so I'm hoping someone gets it before then.

Perry White      Godfrey Winters          William Paley        Ned Bears             Leonard Schiller        Louis Zabel         

Sanford Marks    Warner Dax       Warren Burger        Anthony Molina         Sam Bloom           Francis Tucker        Tim Geer

Michael Romani    Carey Robins      Harry Tass    Jimmy Lewin     Diego Vega     Jean LaFitte     John Adams

Sherlock Holmes     Frederic Auguste Bartholdi      Jaro Essa     Gerald Bull      Goddard Fulton       Jackson Burns

Dr. Earl Hill       Alex Segal      Senator Richard Russell        Commodore Francis Stoat

Well, I saw Perry White in the list.  Unless it was a voice actor in a cartoon, the others I remember were

John Hamilton (Adventures of Superman): very unlikely

Lane Smith (Lois and Clark):  also unlikely

Laurence Fishburne (Man of Steel, etc):  lots of roles, but I don't imagine him in all the "white guy" roles

Glenn Ford (Chris Reeve Superman movies):  that was my best shot.

But maybe... Michael McKean (Smallville)?

George

"Well, I saw Perry White in the list."   Yes, he's there.    *doublechecks*  Correctly. 

"Unless it was a voice actor in a cartoon,"       He was not- not in this case, and I'm not sure he ever did a cartoon.

"the others I remember were

John Hamilton (Adventures of Superman): very unlikely

Lane Smith (Lois and Clark):  also unlikely

Laurence Fishburne (Man of Steel, etc):  lots of roles, but I don't imagine him in all the "white guy" roles

Glenn Ford (Chris Reeve Superman movies):  that was my best shot.

But maybe... Michael McKean (Smallville)?

George"

He's not in this list.

These may well be all you REMEMBER, but you've actually left out one theatrical release.  Run through all the Supermen, run through all the Loises,  you may remember leaving out one pairing's "Perry White."       

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I forgot about "Superman Returns," with Brandon Routh.  I had to google it, though, to find out who played Perry White.  I'm sure that's the answer you're looking for, but I suspect I just disqualified myself.

George

You did disqualify yourself.

However, we might as well get this moving, so go ahead and tell them who also played Count Dracula and Skeletor in addition to Perry White.

15 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I forgot about "Superman Returns," with Brandon Routh.  I had to google it, though, to find out who played Perry White.  I'm sure that's the answer you're looking for, but I suspect I just disqualified myself.

George

In fairness, everybody except their families tend to forget that movie.

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

In fairness, everybody except their families tend to forget that movie.

Routh did have a cute line in the first (major) CW crossover, when he said that Supergirl reminded him of his cousin.  :dance:

New one soon.

Tell you what, since I was technically disqualified, I'll make it a FREE POST.  If no one else jumps in, in a day or so, I'll go for it.

George