GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Actor/Actress (or Role)

Raf

Curtis Armstrong         Joaquin Phoenix        Jared Leto          Brent Spiner            Alan Tudyk           Lennie Weinrib

Ted Knight      Frank Welker        Kevin Michael Richardson     Jeff Bennett  James Patrick Stewart     John DiMaggio

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I have to assume that some of these are voice characters.  I have trouble seeing Curtis Armstrong or Ted Knight in the same roles as Brent Spiner or Joaquin Phoenix.

Going on Phoenix and Leto, let's try

The Joker

George

That is CORRECT.     Hard to imagine Curtis Armstrong actually played him in something, but The Joker has been around in a LOT of formats.   I didn't even get to the more famous portrayals.   Ted Knight, Frank Welker and Lennie Weinrib did a lot of voice acting for 60s/70s cartoons, so that limited the choices a lot.

Knight was the narrator on Super-Friends and, I believe both The Superman-Aquaman Hour of Adventure and the Batman-Superman Hour.  Having him do the occasional Joker appearance is believable.  I'm surprised you didn't use Mark Hamill, whose Joker in more recent Bat-cartoons is considered iconic.  Obviously, Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson would have been giveaways.

George

42 minutes ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Knight was the narrator on Super-Friends and, I believe both The Superman-Aquaman Hour of Adventure and the Batman-Superman Hour.  Having him do the occasional Joker appearance is believable.  I'm surprised you didn't use Mark Hamill, whose Joker in more recent Bat-cartoons is considered iconic.  Obviously, Cesar Romero and Jack Nicholson would have been giveaways.

George

I was waiting to use Hamill next, since I thought he was almost as much a giveaway as some of the live actors.

3 hours ago, WordWolf said:

So, it's George's turn.

Can't wait for the Joaquin Phoenix movie next week "Joker" to come out.  I guess I'm backtracking but how does Joaquin Phoenix get into this list of actors if the movie hasn't come out yet?   WordWolf were you forecasting again?

Edited by Human without the bean
clarification. It's always about clarity.

16 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Can't wait for the Joaquin Phoenix movie next week "Joker" to come out.  I guess I'm backtracking but how does Joaquin Phoenix get into this list of actors if the movie hasn't come out yet?   WordWolf were you forecasting again?

There's no rule in place yet, but I'm using a few that I think are common sense.  I limit myself to one role/actor for the list that hasn't aired in theaters yet.  The actor and the role both have to be known to a degree,  and it has to be inside the next year.   The reason for the last "rule" is that there's been hoopla and discussion about the upcoming movie if it's airing soon, so people may well know who's expected.    It certainly was a better clue than Lennie Weinrib, and he's played the Joker more than once.

3 hours ago, Raf said:

Laurie Metcalf

No.  Interesting choice, though.  This actress is more well-known.

Angela Phinlay        Miss Casswell     Roberta ("Bobbie") Stevens

Lois Laurel    Rose Loomis     Lorelei Lee

Pola Debevoise      Vicky Parker    Cherie

Amanda Dell   Roslyn Taber

George

I doubt that any further additions will help (although this actress is QUITE famous), but

Angela Phinlay        Miss Casswell     Roberta ("Bobbie") Stevens

Lois Laurel    Rose Loomis     Lorelei Lee

Pola Debevoise      Vicky Parker    Cherie

Amanda Dell   Roslyn Taber   Sugar Kane Kowalczyk

Kay Weston    Ellen Arden   Nell Forbes

Peggy Martin     Iris Martin     Joyce Mannering

Nell Forbes      Annabelle Jones Norris      Elsie

George

I kept my mouth shut, but Amanda Dell from Let's Make Love.

In Scream 2, by the way SPOILER ALERT, Laurie Metcalf does indeed play Debbie Salt, but she is later revealed to be "Mrs. Loomis." AKA "BILLY's .... MOTHER!!!!!"